Price check BBS E88

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price check BBS E88

Went to a garage sale at a race shop today and was looking at a set of E88 wheels. Not sure what they should sell for...

Mustang fitment. 18x10, 5x114.3, et??. Center back pad is extra deep for max brake clearance. Lips and barrels are in good condition and were regularly replaced, about 1" lip and 9" barrel. Comes with 2 extra centers. These were heavily used race wheels, so the condition of the centers is poor.

The centers aren't a good configuration for a street car, since they don't allow for deep lips that everyone wants, and 5x114 isn't a super popular bolt pattern for these wheels, like 5x120 or 5x130 would be.

What would you expect these to sell for on the open market, and what would be a fair offer? I'm considering getting them to have inserted to 5x120 and use on my M3.

hard to say.. i have a set of e88 6061 aluminum super rare faces in center lock config that I've been hoarding for some time in hopes i would find a 5x114 set of faces to go along with it or swap out for them. haha

if you decide to part out, I'm interested in the faces.

as for inserting and redrilling them, i would stay against it, personally the e88 are machined in a way that they maximize every single mm of the material to make it super light, but also in doing so its not all that friendly to getting altered in any way.. especially if they are the magnesium version of the faces which are much more common. the tolerances are almost scary, and modifying them + street use scares scares me..
    sigpic
    1990 Nissan fairlady Z32 - long term build
    1982 euro porsche 930 turbo

"A less- assuming enthusiast probably wouldnt even think that this Z ran because of how naked the engine compartment was. The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/2012

http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=19185

Comment

Originally posted by 1badg35 View Post
      if you decide to part out, I'm interested in the faces.
      Point taken on modifying them... you're probably right that it's not a good idea.

I would be interested in buying them, then splitting and selling you the centers. Sending you a PM.

Comment

The motor looks as if it just floats there, with nothing else in sight." Super Street 9/201

Comment

Would be super interested in these

Comment

Originally posted by SourSamo View Post
            Would be super interested in these

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Thanks zoo.

SourSamo, send me a message if you want to make a deal.

Comment

I paid around $8K for mine directly from BBS. It's my favorite wheel on the market, along side the BBS FI! Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                X