Who builds a MK1 Focus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who builds a MK1 Focus

So this started out as a 2000 Focus SE sedan automagic SPI. It was the daily driver up to this point in time and this is when the real fun begins. It's currently bagged, boosted, drivetrain swap from a '02 SVT, EAP SVT Recaro interior, euro front bumper, etc... Over the winter is when I plan to build up the HRE's to 17's, finish my trunk setup, bodywork, and swap out front air struts for ones that have a lower compressed height so I can run more PSI in the bags and drive at a reasonable height among other things.

How it started out before I even and my license in '09..

Then this stage..

Then turned into stance rice shit '10..

I actually got some sort of low '11..

I bought HRE 501's and refinished them '11..

Then I went to ford nationals in '12 with a car that was actually low and had some fun with friends..

hre2

Then in Feb. I bagged the car and never took any install pics..

Then 1 week before Ford Nat's in '13 I decided to gut the car and do a complete engine/drivetrain swap/wiring swap..

Made it to Ford Nat's but not on HRE's because they wouldn't fucking seal..

Then I went to h2o for the first time in '13..

hre504

I left on Sunday and I got an hour away and my axle exploded so my Focus buddies drove to pick my ass up and we had fun..

Then came boost in summer of '14 which fucked me over as the car never made it to Ford Nat's, but I just went and hung with everyone anyway while my car sat at home..

DSC_0140
    DSC_0138
    DSC_0161
    DSC_0161

Then I resprayed the centers and h2o '14 I bubbled a Federal 595 RSr with 152 miles on it on the way down when I hit a frost heave on the Merritt Pky, too. Swapped on a spare Falken 512 I had and continued the journey..
    aaahh
    towed
    Screen Shot 2014-09-30 at 7.46.06 PM
    h2low
    air
    fatasses
    focuslol

-Matt
    Last edited by Shocktech102; 10-08-2014, 01:06 PM.
    SLAMMED SEDAN CREW #13

I love this for some reason. The Mk1 Focus are really growing on me, now if only they had a nicer interior...

Not a huge fan of the front lip, as it looks a bit too big and bulky / soft for the car, maybe some sideskirts would help it fit in better.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

The Rieger lip is the only non ricer looking lip for the euro front that is still attainable even thought it was a pain to find. I'm going to either run the matching Rieger skirts or Roush skirts.

Rieger-
      rieger-tuning-ford-focus-mk1-front-spoiler-10-01-p2523

Roush-

-Matt
      SLAMMED SEDAN CREW #13

Comment

You have an awesome Focus, just FYI. This is exactly why I like this forum.
        "Nord's armor has lots of fur. This sometimes makes M'aiq nervous." -M'aiq The Liar

THIS GL-10 IS PRETTY COOL!

Stay up to date with my '86 Subaru GL-10 build on Instagram with @billytheboobaru

"At least if your car is going to die, might as well die under WOT giving it the beans"

Comment

Thank you! As I always say; It's taken a lot of time, effort and money to make this car a little less gay. I wanted to do something different and was going to sell it a few years ago, but stuck with it and had fun and I'm glad I did. I've been contemplating longitudinally mounting the motor and going RWD for some time now and it just makes sense now with the turbo. I also want RS panels so I can cut up my rear quarters and make the car wide. Fronts bolt right up, the rears are totally different from hatch to sedan unfortunately.

-Matt
          SLAMMED SEDAN CREW #13

Comment

I dig it, well done
            Insta Mintyhinrichs

Comment

Really like what you've done with it so far!
              Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
              2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Looks great mane. I love all of the focuses popping up here like yours and cobrawannabe's.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Funny you mention Matt (cobrawannabe) because we're good friends.

-Matt
                  SLAMMED SEDAN CREW #13

Comment

AHHHH! Sick man, love the 501's and the car is superbly clean, good job

'08 335i

Comment

I came in here expecting to see some stanced out piece of shit like that taurus on sawblades.

But I was impressed. looks pretty damn good.
                      78 GMC Sierra Grande AKA "Black Betty"-Bagged, chopped, stupid.

Comment

Thanks guy, I appreciate it.

-Matt
                        SLAMMED SEDAN CREW #13

Comment

I was skeptical coming in to this thread but WOW, well done sir! I own a silver ford focus of the same model and never imagined one could look this good. I enjoy when people build cars that people dont commonly see much potential in, because my tib is one of those cars. Well done.
                          Instagram: @_davidjackson

The Stanced Tib Build Thread

Comment

Thanks! Ya, it gets a lot of, "Is that a..focus??" Your Tib is sweet though. Love the VS-XX. Always wanted them for my car.

-Matt
                            SLAMMED SEDAN CREW #13

Comment

what ever happened to this focus? is it still around?
                              "Dont let the opinions of the average man sway you.
                              Dream, and he thinks your crazy.
                              Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky.
                              Aquire wealth, and he thinks your greedy.
                              Pay no attention. He simply does'nt understand"

Comment

Working...
                              X