Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello from Cape Town

Hey guys,

Name is Kevin, currently living in Cape Town, South Africa and I am driving an un-stanced Ford Focus 2013 ST1 in frozen white. I have had her for about about a year now, and I am utterly bored..

I plan on purchasing a neat little second generation MX-5. Seems to be the most fun for the least amount of moneys. So I will probably be that guy asking retarded questions as I have many before starting my venture.

First question: What does POS stand for? lol

welcome to the forum!

It stand for piece of shit usually.any pics of the focus?

Comment

Originally posted by TheCurlyMonkey View Post
      welcome to the forum!

It stand for piece of shit usually.any pics of the focus?
      Thanks.

Ahh, makes sense now..

Pics;

I was too lazy to hide the plates, I have changed them to black on white in any case.
      Last edited by kevvy_dawg; 10-01-2014, 04:44 AM.

Comment

Welcome!

What's the climate for modified cars in Cape Town? I hear rumors that the situation with inspections and the police is rough, but I have no clue if that's true. Just curious, 'cause I'm looking at universities to do my doctoral work, and UCT keeps coming up, but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend 3-4 years of my life without a decent car.

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
          Welcome!

What's the climate for modified cars in Cape Town? I hear rumors that the situation with inspections and the police is rough, but I have no clue if that's true. Just curious, 'cause I'm looking at universities to do my doctoral work, and UCT keeps coming up, but I'll be damned if I'm going to spend 3-4 years of my life without a decent car.
          Hey man, thanks.

The climate is good, it took a while to meet up with some fellow car nuts, some of the mod's guys do here I just don't get, but there are a handful of people who know what's going on. I don't know if you have heard a 'sport' in S.A called spinning? Should explain a lot haha. Police inspections - nope, Police in S.A cannot do anything about your car/driving unless your obviously drink-driving, only traffic cops can inspect but they are no where to be seen. Interesting, I actually work at the hospital you would be doing your prac's, I do some work for UCT. Plenty of fluff

Comment

Even I am skeptical about driving my mk1 golf to the Cape bro! I honestly haven't been following the stories but the little I heard was enough to put some doubt in me.

Comment

Working...
            X