Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civic Ej9, what to go for?

Hi,

New to the stance game and wondering what would be best. I really want cheap coilovers so I can afford better wheels and get a good overall look. Got around 900 to spend on the car at the minute. Looking at prosport coilovers or tuning art. Need bumpers respraying, lca's, asr brace etc so the cheaper the better. Wondering if any of you had advice.

Thanks, Toby

My car as is, basically stock:

900 to spend in total for everything? Well if so go with function&form type 1's and then spend whats left on other things you choose, Good Luck!
    @davidcharloff

Comment

You could do F&F's but for even cheaper lows you could go Raceland *ducks for throwing chairs* they're not the best but on a 900 dollar budget thats what I would get. Unless you can live with buying used suspension then you could probably find some nice coilovers for pretty cheap.

Comment

Im 100 percent sure they dont make racelands for hondas. trust me, if they did thats what i would have bought first time around. ^
        @davidcharloff

Comment

Originally posted by dc4dave View Post
          Im 100 percent sure they dont make racelands for hondas. trust me, if they did thats what i would have bought first time around. ^

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
            Hmm, well in the end theyre racelands lol.
            @davidcharloff

Comment

Originally posted by dc4dave View Post
              Hmm, well in the end theyre racelands lol.
              Yeah Racelands arent the best. but for the money that Toby there has to spend I would recommend those.

Unless you are comfortable with buying used suspension. I bought used Ground Control coilover sleeves on tokico illumina 5 way adjustable shocks for $380.

Shop around and see what you find

Comment

I'd just like to chime in here even though this thread is particularly old.

It does NOT matter what coilovers you put on an 88-00 Civic / Integra if you are riding slammed. It will ride like absolute trash. Because Honda decided to not use MacPherson front suspension, the upper control arm is going to keep banging into the damn strut tower up front, limiting your suspension travel. Now you tell me, if you have a 1/4" of suspension travel, what is 300$ coilovers to say 1,200$ coilovers? Not much! I 100% regretted buying my 630$ Function Form Type 1's. I wish I went Racelands because ultimately the ride would've been the same. If you're going LOW don't waste your money on quality coilovers, just get something that won't blow (strut wise) and with as stiff of a spring rate as you can.

A pic of what I'm talking about. (My old hatch)

Comment

Go Koni/GC, lifetime warranty and a bang for your buck if go with this combo. You can order your costum spring rates. At least search a bit for Koni/GC and BTW I've read a lot in various forums that F&F's are cheap and end up leaking after a while.

Comment

Working...
                  X