2002 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ - 'Static'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2002 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ - 'Static'

Hello, you all might think this isn't the first vehicle you'd think of, but it is my ride, and I've had a goal to do it up a very particular way for a long time. It took me years to acquire the factory JDM body parts that I wanted. I managed to find a set of wheels on Stanceworks from member fastcar, who shipped fast and wheels were as represented for a great price!

Anyways on to the vehicle. This was my inspiration:

This is my starting point:

Installed 19" Motegi DV5 with 235/35R19 BFG KDW2s.
    Installed 6000k HIDs.

Installed Japanese exclusive "Aspire" taillights (known as JDM 3rd Gens)

Installed Custom-made Carbon Fiber Eyelids

This is the JDM Galant VRG front bumper with factory lip.

I have the complete VRG front, sides, rear, with complete VRG lip kit and side extensions.

I test fit some 20x9.5" +37 Rays Master Piece Lug X10

I just acquired these wheels from Stanceworks member 'fastcar':

Trafficstar DTX by Riverside
    19x8.5" +29
    19x9.5" +29

Should be from all the different wheels I tried just about the perfect fitment for the style I want. Now I just need my JDM grille and JDM 2pc headlights and my exterior look will be complete after a long long time...

Fantastic color choice for a VIP-ish kind of build, and the Trafficstars are an awesome choice!

I have to admit the eyelids aren't doing it for me. They're making the front end look... sleepy.

I can't help but think those JDM tails would look fantastic with the amber lenses pulled out of them.

Will be watching...

Comment

this looks promising, nice start! pretty aggressive looking aero for VIP wheels, but might just work...

Comment

I love where this is going. You don't see too many Galants done-up. I considered buying a Ralliart Galant a few years back, kinda wish I had.
        MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
        Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

looking good so far man! sub'd

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. This has been nearly a decade long process to find precisely what I want.

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
            Fantastic color choice for a VIP-ish kind of build, and the Trafficstars are an awesome choice!

I have to admit the eyelids aren't doing it for me. They're making the front end look... sleepy.

I can't help but think those JDM tails would look fantastic with the amber lenses pulled out of them.

Will be watching...
            I won't have the eyelids for the 2pc JDM headlights. There are JDM Galant '3rd Gen' that are identical just clear lenses.

Comment

Have never seen a Galant done-up. Should look dope. I can't wait to see it finished.
              "E Dirty Six, Low and Slow"

Check out my build thread
              -------->http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=69942

Comment

One of the biggest steps taken today. I installed my VIP wheels. They are Trafficstar DTX. There specifications are as follows:

19x8.5" +29mm wrapped in Nankang NS2 215/35R19 tires in front.
                19x9.5" +29mm wrapped in Nankang NS2 225/35R19 tires in rear.

I have more pictures I'll post, but the fitment is as perfect as I expected. Using the meticulously calculated sizing for both wheels and tires, and with sufficiently rolled fenders in the rear there is no rubbing whatsoever in the rear, and even better no issues up front. I can even still turn full lock to lock left or right. The only change will be reducing right height slightly and a slight rear fender radius to ensure no rubbing when i reduce the ride height another 1" or so.

Comment

Rear fitment picture.

Comment

I like it. Personally would've went with 18's but kudos for pulling off 19's. Can't wait to see the kit on which i'm sure it'll pull everything together. Keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by saturnstance View Post
                      I like it. Personally would've went with 18's but kudos for pulling off 19's. Can't wait to see the kit on which i'm sure it'll pull everything together. Keep it up!
                      Thanks! I prefer the look of the 19". Who knows! If I find a nice set of 18s, they can go on too! Which would be especially cool, considering (as I recently learned), when upgrading to step lips I'd have to size up 18" to 19" (or 19" to 20").

Comment

In for this. Always like seeing galants done up.
                        Minitrucker by heart, CB7tuner by coincidence.
                        Check out my Bowling Pin Shift Knobs!
                        My Mighty Max build
                        My Honda turd build

Comment

Mitsubishi+VIP= I'm going to keep lurking this thread
                          Cars are over rated

Comment

Looks good Dave!

Comment

The wheel size seems huge now but I'm guessing with the lips that would change. I have always liked this generation of galants.

Comment

Working...
                              X