Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1986 Toyota Van, Best van ever made. (with extras!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Toyota Van, Best van ever made. (with extras!)

Hey guys, Long time Lurker. Never did a build thread before, so this is my first one.

I'm Yoshi, I love old Toyotas. They just run forever if taken care of.
    I have degrees in Mechanical Engineering and Biology, I threw away a chance to go to Med School for Law School.

My Instagram is http://instagram.com/beachsideboardshop follow me and youll see updates on all my projects.

Currently in my possession.

1981 Toyota Corona Wagon (22r) (200k miles) (Bought for $500)
    1985 Toyota MR2 (Bought at 59k miles) (67k miles) (Bought for $500)
    1986 Toyota Van (230k miles) (Bought for $800)
    1979 Honda CB125 (Cafe Racer)
    1969 Honda CB175 (Cafe Racer in the making)
    2014 Honda Grom

My babies.

Back story on the 1986 Van, Guy bought it in Colorado when he took up a job in Miami. He loaded up the Van and drove it from Colorado to Miami for his work. He ended up selling it to me for $800 (a steal!) I found the Van on Craigslist and called him after he posted it (a couple hours after the post) I got on my Honda Grom at 2am and traveled down US1 to Miami took almost 5 and a half hours to get there.

My Tune Up Page
    ToyotaVanTech.com is a website and forum for discussing Toyota Vans and Toyota Previas, Toyota Van repair, Toyota Previa repair, Toyota Van maintenance, Toyota Previa maintenance, and everything else to do with Toyota Vans and Toyota Previas!

When I got to his work.

When I purchased the Van. I loaded up the Honda Grom.

Took a nap in front of my friend's place in Ft Lauderdale.

Got to my friend's place in West Palm Beach and loaded up his Honda Grom to sell.

Im home! finally!

Total Fluid Change with Lucas products.

Brake Fluid in the dash.

Replacing the rear diff fluid.

Twins!

I filled up the power steering (was making a crazy squeal) with Lucas. It made it go away.
    10w 40 with Lucas and Toyota filter. Refilled the rear diff. Spark plugs, wires, and cap were replaced. Picked up some Freeze 12 to replace the R12 that is lingering in the AC (still works, but only on the Highway) Replacing the tranny fluid, filter, and the gaskets tomorrow.

Found out that I can put my old school Supra wheels on the Van. I also found out that I can lower the Van by its torsion bars. This will be dealt with tomorrow.
    Last edited by Highwind; 10-07-2014, 10:50 PM.

Never seen one of these before but I want one now

Comment

interested to see more of this

that bumper on the golden one is nicer then the one on your van
      Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

sub'd.
        btw how the hell does the steering linkage work on these things? its freaking me out!

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
          interested to see more of this

that bumper on the golden one is nicer then the one on your van
          the golden one is owned by a older gentleman whos had it since DAY 1 and its a '85

Comment

When buying a used vehicle always check recall sites. About to get $500 in new parts and free labor :3

Comment

lol always grimaced at these, but

ride motorcycle to buy van, put motorcycle in van, drive van home,

Comment

YES! I've always wanted one of these, mainly because they're so ugly that its cool

Comment

Heres one in Japan

Comment

Subbed just because

Comment

Soo awesome! Always had a love for these vans, cannot wait to see whats in store
                      Sub'd.

Comment

been trying to find a good one for years now. Im subscribing, if anyone has one rust free with a manual I would be interested in trading a CRX for it.
                        "Nord's armor has lots of fur. This sometimes makes M'aiq nervous." -M'aiq The Liar

THIS GL-10 IS PRETTY COOL!

Stay up to date with my '86 Subaru GL-10 build on Instagram with @billytheboobaru

"At least if your car is going to die, might as well die under WOT giving it the beans"

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions or DIYs for doing wood floors in vehicles?

Comment

Pulled the carpet out for wood flooring. I found some real bamboo flooring on craigslist for $40 (for 2 boxes, more than enough)

what Im going for

I will be replacing the wheels tomorrow for classic supra / celica wheels.

Comment

that hardwood looks soooo sick
                              [IMG]http://i1369.photobucket.com/albums/ag203/Kristianbolster/cars/nmdsnfm_zpsac00cc92.jpeg[/IMG]
                              instagram= @BIMMERSPOTTER instagram: @kristianbolster

Comment

Working...
                              X