Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unmolested e30 (sorry for the long read)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unmolested e30 (sorry for the long read)

What's up guys, I'm a regular here but mainly spend my time in the classifieds. Anyways I have currently been busy building my S/C Mustang, and haven't had the time to formally introduce myself. I thought this would be a great opportunity, as I am in need of some guidance and advice. I have been out of the import car game for a few years now, but have been keeping a look out for a good cheap project. I managed to pick up this absolutely beautiful 85' 318i 5 speed, that is bone stock. Saw the car on craigs for a stupid low price and had to grab it. Literally paid less for it than what I pay in gas for the stang in 2 weeks..Needless to say I am more than anxious to get this build started, but I am unsure where to begin. I've spent some time on the drag strip but am very interested in building a drift car. The rundown on the car basically goes....a very kind woman owned the car for 20 years, it was given to her by her father and was her first vehicle. She eventually got a new car I am assuming, and I think she had said the car sat in storage for about 8 years and has been sitting outside in her driveway since. She was seriously attached to the car, she even kept the shift knob. I noticed it was gone before I loaded the car but I figured what the shit, it's hard to find a girl that appreciates a car that much. Her boyfriend who was a really cool and straight forward dude, tried to get the car back running but had no luck. He informed me that the car seemed to be running very rich and would crank, run for a little bit, then die. That is basically all the information I got, but do have the guys number if I have anymore questions. So my plans for next weekend are basically, flush as much of the old fuel as possible and of course install a new battery and possibly even spark plugs. Any help you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated!! Anyways here are some pics of this beauty!!

Daily--Blown S197
    In the works--AP1 S2K

I am extremely jealous right now.. Great find! Hope to see some more progress soon!
    My 2011 Toyota Vitz build thread.
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56411

Comment

Originally posted by TerenceJCruz View Post
      I am extremely jealous right now.. Great find! Hope to see some more progress soon!
      Haha thanks man, I hope to get this thing back on the road soon!
      Daily--Blown S197
      In the works--AP1 S2K

Comment

Working...
      X