Your grandpa's cressida wagon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your grandpa's cressida wagon

Hi im Kahi from Hawaii. Had a long ass story but accidentally pressed "back" on my computer and it all got deleted. very very sad day. Well anyways. Im a huge toyota guy and have owned many! Here is a short story of my latest wagon endeavors.
    Feburary 2014
    Looking on craigslist in Sacramento and seen this immaculate wagon for sale. Couple phone calls and wire transfers later. This car was mine. Took Two months to come in but it was well worth the wait.

The car was on the island for about a month. Then on april fools day. The inevitable happened. Made my girl drive the wagon to work since I had to fix the brakes on her car.
    She woke me up and said she got into an accident. She got hit by a driver with no insurance, no registration and no license. He was also driving on the wrong side of the road with his 6 year old daughter in the car. He t-boned my girlfriend. Long story short, my girlfriend was fine but we got no money. Cars can be replaced but people can't be.

So after months of being depressed I found this gem on craig's and jumped on it.

Car was in incredible shape and had no rust which is really rare in Hawaii. The car was shipped in from SF couple years ago. Reason why he was selling it was because there was no AC. Drove it home, played with some of the buttons, got the AC to work and its cold!
    Wasted no time and within a week I had it on coilovers and wheels
    Megan coilovers with 10kg springs front and 8kg rear.

Bought these Work Meisters.
    15x8.5 -8 with 195/50/15 falkens
    15x9 -21 with 195/50/15 falkens
    also bought some cool lug nuts from oreillys. Only $50

Here is how it looked after we first got the coilovers on. Did NOT like it was waaaay too high.

So the next day. I lowered the front and maxed out the camber plate. Took out the rear adjustable perch, rolled the rear quarters a little and this is waaaay better

then of course had to put LEDs and HIDs.

Thats it for now. The next step is to yank this shit out and go 1J!

More to come! keep y'all updated thanks for reading! ALOHA!

FOLLOW ME ON IG! @guarantities
    Last edited by Guarantities; 10-25-2014, 05:42 AM.
    @guarantities on IG!

Looks killer with those wheels! I like ur engine plans!
    sigpic

IG: jdirtydeanwiththecb50

Comment

Those Rims... Amazing. Subbed!
      Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

Looks fantastic ! Really bad luck with the white one but luckily everyone was okay!

Subbed fo-sho .
        BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

i really like those huuuuge wagons !

Comment

Yup, i'm a fan.

Comment

thanks everybody. Hopefully the plans go through. Right now, trying to sell the meisters to fund the JZ. My friend is hooking me up with a cheap ruckus so I can ride around while I down the wagon.
              @guarantities on IG!

Comment

Can't wait for more progress!

Comment

This thing is super cool!

Comment

Yupp! this is gonna be badass! keep it up man great progress so for.
                    Mx73 Cressida Build check it out!
                    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59875

Ig: Japetto516

Comment

little update. spaced out the front. Going to get x8 control arms soon which are in inch longer.
                      going to get a watts link for the rear end soon also.
                      friend is going to sell me an incredibly cheap honda ruckus so I can ride that around when I down the wagon to put in the 1j!
                      BEFORE

AFTER

@guarantities on IG!

Comment

another incredibly small update. put this whack little exhaust tip since my stock one was dragging on the ground.

then went to a bar in town with my good friend who happens to own this super sick 510 wagon on wats!

praise the lowered! haha
                        sorry for the slow progress. Just really happy on the way the car is right now. trying to sell these Meisters to buy something different.
                        @guarantities on IG!

Comment

Originally posted by Guarantities View Post
                          trying to sell these Meisters to buy something different.
                          Wh..What?? No more Meisters? :c
                          Originally posted by aLaFleur

I've decided the best way to deal with rust is to just embrace it.

Comment

Yeah. Trying for equip 03s, long champs, mk3s or maybe something else. We shall see. Hawaii wheel market isn't the best.
                            @guarantities on IG!

Comment

longchamp wheels ftw!

Comment

Working...
                              X