Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Methods for bagging e28

or any older bmw for that matter.

so i had been doing research into bagging my e28. i found the universal air struts from air lift, which look awesome. buuuut i wanted to see if i could go a more customizable route. so while doing research i came across universal air suspension parts. a friend of mine bagged his mk2 golf using these kinds of bags. he used his shocks that he had already, and slid the bags over the shocks.

i guess my question would be has anybody used these to bag their e28? as in, modify the strut, then slide this over the shock?

gimme a sec (e28 build)

I don't believe anyone has done it this way, at least for the rears. Reason simply being that the bag is too big and they don't fit. The airlift kits are the Chapman sleeve style which kit perfectly. I can tell you from personal experience that their products are solid. I've seen custom setups for different cars where the bag sits on the lower portion of the strut rather than the upper but I don't think that'd do anything. I'd just go with Airlift.

Comment

Free delivery on air ride kits, shipped in 24 hours. Shop from our huge selection of in-stock air suspension kits, coilovers, air compressors, air bags, fittings and much more.

does this work? like if i used this to go over the rear strut? and i am leaning toward doing that universal air strut set up, i was just trying to get a feel for different options.

gimme a sec (e28 build)

Comment

Originally posted by theitchybeard View Post
        http://bagriders.com/modlab/products...LEEVE-BAG.html

does this work? like if i used this to go over the rear strut? and i am leaning toward doing that universal air strut set up, i was just trying to get a feel for different options.
        No that bag won't work out for you. It is a replacement bag for specific Air Lift struts. You would not be able to get it to seal to an Air Lift universal strut.

Your best bet would be to go with the Air Lift 75559 front struts and the Air Lift 75563 rear struts. You will need to make your own mounts with these setups but this is really the right way to go about bagging an E28.

You can go with the Universal Air Aero Sport bags for the fronts and attach them to your current struts but considering where the bag actually needs to sit on your oem struts, you won't get as low as the Air Lift 75559 fronts.

- www.bagriders.com - Email us at: sales@bagriders.com -

- Did you find a lower price? We Price Match! -

Comment

okay! perfect. thank you for your help!

gimme a sec (e28 build)

Comment

Working...
          X