2014 A4 build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 A4 build

Not sure this fits in this forum but here goes lol. I picked up a 2014 Prestige S-line BlackOptic A4 back in October after crashing my beloved B7 a4 of 3 years. Sorry for all the shitty iphone pictures. First off I picked up some BC coilovers :

Next order of business was to get rid of those ugly orange side markers so I picked up some Ecodes

Next was the grille. I ***** the matte grill from the Black optic cars before i even thought about getting one. I bought a regular S-line grille (gloss black) and swapped out the chrome trim for my BO gloss black trim. While I was at it I had my fog grilles painted gloss black to match everything.

While all that was going on I had bought some wheels and had them ready to go on with everything else. Also I painted my mirrors to look like S4 mirrors.

Initially had some fitment issues with my static set up and the 20x10 et35 wheels. I wasnt able to get low enough for the fenders to sit level with the lip of the wheels. IMO showing tire is embarrassing. I had 3mm shaved off all 4 wheels.

End result:

About a month ago I hit a rock the size of a lemon which wiped out my steering rack and bent my subframe. I returned to stock ride height and to it into the dealer. $5800 later i have the car back but during the process i sold the wheels and bought air. Still currently bombing around enjoying the perks of stock ride height until my accuair elevel and airlift struts arrive. Im still trying to decide on what i want my next wheels to be. I would love to build some 20" in slant lip dishes but idk if thats possible. I will update with my air instal im planning on making my own carbon fiber trunk mounting set up. Heres some more pictures of the old set up.

Comment

Super clean dude.

I've never been much of a fan of the B8.5's, but this is awesome. Well played. Ecstatic to see this car on bags and your next set of wheels.

Comment

i love straight spoke wheels on these newer gen b8s
        C280 Build Thread
        C43 ///AMG Build Thread
        E320 Wagon Build Thread

Follow me on Instagram:@SD_210

Comment

Looks good.

Will check back soon for aired out pics

Comment

Awesome work done on this Audi,i like it so much and its very graceful in look,i like your style and apply it on my BMW its simply modify and very graceful in look,your wheel style is also very graceful and everything in it like a luxurious car,can you please tell me how much you spend on it?

Comment

Originally posted by boobsandboost View Post
              Super clean dude.

I've never been much of a fan of the B8.5's, but this is awesome. Well played. Ecstatic to see this car on bags and your next set of wheels.
              Originally posted by SD202 View Post
              i love straight spoke wheels on these newer gen b8s
              Originally posted by _e90 View Post
              Looks good.

Will check back soon for aired out pics
              Thanks for the feedback!

Originally posted by Micheal View Post
              Awesome work done on this Audi,i like it so much and its very graceful in look,i like your style and apply it on my BMW its simply modify and very graceful in look,your wheel style is also very graceful and everything in it like a luxurious car,can you please tell me how much you spend on it?
              Thanks! Its all in the small details because these newer cars don't need much. IMO less is more. I will however go a little more aggressive on my next wheel set up as far as looks go my old wheels were wide enough for me lol. Ive put roughly 10k into the car. I still want a quad tip exhaust to clean up the rear and then of course wheels. After that Im done lol done until the next gen A4/S4s are out.

Comment

such a clean B8. Wants moarrrrr

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

This is excellent. Stupid clean and really nice on the eyes.
                  IG: @sebastienaudeon
                  1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                  *pats Sebs head*
                  there there.
                  keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Soooo clean!
                    Instagram: @KingCavey

Comment

Love this A4 man. I really love the wheels on your old setup on the coils.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Thanks guys! I kind of miss the wheels but at the same time I don't because Vossens new wheel looks nearly identical. In fact when I had them that all people would ask.. "yo are doe's da vossens on da awwdi" ...Air should be turning up thursday

Comment

Made some progress on my airride. Its taking forever to make everything but I didnt want to rush anything plus this is my first airride instal. I hope to install the bags before next weekend.

Had a buddy weld some bungs on my tank.

My gf helping me tap them.

Tried my best to bend my hardlines but damn its hard. I read that home depo carries a ridgid brand bender that supposedly works well but they didnt have one when I got there. The tool i got wouldn't do 180deg bends with out an inch gap in the middle.

Had to make this strap set up to hold my tank down. I had to cut the standard airlift mounts to make my bugs level with the compressor because I didnt measure where I need them right. In the end Im pretty happy with the results adds a little character IMO.

Got my wiring started. I wanted everything clean and hidden which I was able to accomplish but might not have been smart to put the fuses under there incase I need to change them. It will only be 4 screws and some plumbing to access them but i'm going to go ahead and hope I don't need to change them.

Plumbed My pressure sensor. I originally wanted to connect this in with both compressors but I was having so much trouble bending the pipes I gave up on that and picked up some elbows.

Finished product (nearly) Just need to dope up my pipe threads and tighten everything down for real. Then soon hopefully Ill mount the whole think in the spare wheel well and plug everything in. From there I can move on to installing the suspension and elevel sensors.

Comment

Finally got the Airlift suspension and elevel sensors in! Took me a wopping 18 hrs straight!! I had had my suspension out on my car 4-5 times now and can do that part fairly quick. Installing the elevel sensors and finding a good route to run the wires and airlines was pita on the ground. I didnt use bulkhead fittings for the airline out of the trunk, next time I will for sure. I used 49ft of air line [:/] and every bit of the sensor wires. After about 500+ zip ties, a bunch of heat wrap tape and chafing gear heres the result!

Fronts (didnt take many pictures)

started at 2pm ...7am everything was in and was about to put the wheels back on.

Done!

Next on the list will probably be OEM s4 mirror covers and wheels.

Comment

Working...
                            X