Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alloy Wheel Dish Pitted / Marks

Hi

I have a pair of Borbet Type A alloys. The dishes have black pit mark spots which with cleaning and using Autosol polish have not come out.

Any advice on how to get rid of these and bring back a mirror shine on the rims.

Thanks

Keep sanding until you make it through the corrosion and pitting, then work you way back up to a full polish. Or you could get them blasted.
    instagram : demrimz
    StatesideWheel

Comment

Originally posted by harlerocco View Post
      Keep sanding until you make it through the corrosion and pitting, then work you way back up to a full polish. Or you could get them blasted.
      Hi what would be a good gir paper to use.

Comment

Originally posted by sandeep89 View Post
        Hi what would be a good gir paper to use.
        Depends on the pitting/scratches.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Originally posted by zoo View Post
          Depends on the pitting/scratches.
          The pitting on the rear dishes are quite solid. Would 1200 grit be any good. If I was to get sand blasted can they be mirror polished after this.

Comment

1200 is too fine to remove any real scratches or pitting. Try 800, if that is still too fine, go lower.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Pictures would help a lot in this situation but if its really bad like you say it is I would start with 320grit and go up from there.

Comment

1200 is too fine to remove any real scratches or pitting. Try 800, if that is still too fine, go lower.

Comment

DO NOT SAND BLAST THEM. If you ever want them to be polished you are going to have to work your ass off to ever get them polished again.

To remove scratches, oxidization, and pitting follow my steps below:

Comment

Working...
                  X