1992 Nissan 300ZX with 52k miles in BEAUTIFUL condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1992 Nissan 300ZX with 52k miles in BEAUTIFUL condition

The car is located in Los Angeles, California.
    The car is for trade only, unless I get a very very good cash offer.

Text me at 818-968-1341 at any time

Now some details:
    I bought this car 3 months ago from the PO who had owned the car for 1 year and 10,000 miles. I've put around 1,000 miles on it. The car currently has just around 52,500 miles, but it is my daily driver so that will go up a bit. When we got the car, we took it to our mechanic and found out that the timing belt was cracked from age. We had the timing belt, rear main seal, brake pads and a couple other things replaced to the tune of $1300. The transmission was just rebuilt ($1600) to fix a nasty whine. I have over $6000 in receipts for the car.

TL;DR: This is a practically mint car. 4 seater, auto transmission (just rebuilt), clean title, 50,000 miles, a couple nice mods. Great for DDing.

Trade for:
    I like a lot of cars. the trade list is at the bottom. Feel free to offer anything . Manual or Auto is fine, but manual is preferred. Must have a clean title. I can't add any cash. Please look at the KBB value of around $10,000. This is an excellent condition vehicle and I would like a car in similar condition. I would prefer a car made BEFORE 2003 (cheaper insurance), but would consider any year.

Modifications:
    Alright stereo and speakers with USB, AUX and bluetooth.
    18" Volk TE37 replica wheels
    Cross drilled and slotted brake rotors
    Small rubber front lip
    Clear corner lights all the way around
    Clear rear turn signals (Looks a LOT better than stock)

Exterior:
    The exterior is beautiful for being 22 years old. There are no dents anywhere that I have seen. The car is completely rust free. As stated, there are clear rear turn signals and clear corner lights all the way around, which look much better than stock. The only major issue are the scratches on the very lowest part of the front valence.

Interior:
    This car is nearly MINT! It only has 52,000 miles and it shows. There are no rips on the seats or discoloration anywhere. The only problem is some bubbling on the A pillars. I can locate new ones for under $50 and am in the process of doing so. This car is the 2+2 meaning it has (small) back seats and is 8" longer than the 2 seater models. The windows are tinted, but legally.

Mechanics:
    The car is extremely mechanically sound. The engine pulls hard and the (auto) transmission shifts well. The engine runs very strong and the transmission was just rebuilt. The transmission shifts smooth and quick, without any jerkyness or hesitation.

Issues:
    When cold out, there is a belt squeak from what I believe is the AC belt. It didn't appear until after the timing belt was done so I believe its just something loose
    The engine bay is coated in a material called Cosmolene. It was sprayed at the factory by Nissan as a rust inhibitor and was supposed to be taken off by the dealer. The dealer never did this and so the engine bay looks dirty, as the material is like wax and collects contaminants. It can be taken off, but is hard to do so. The good part of this is that it was also sprayed on the undercarriage, so there is no real rust.

I am part of several 300ZX groups on Facebook and you may have seen my car if you are a Z32 fan.
    This car is really really fun to drive, handles very well, and is a real hoot. I'm only getting rid of it because I'd like something else, preferably manual.

Trade for (I know some of these are doubtful)
    Just offer something!
    WRX
    GMC Syclone/Typhoon
    Nice S14
    Older BMW
    6 speed Mini Cooper S
    Miata
    Toyota MR2 (not AW11 unless very nice)
    Something RHD (NOT a Honda)
    Porsche Boxster
    VW GTI, either MK6, MK5 or modified MK4
    V8 Mustang, especially a nice Fox Body
    BMW Z4 or Z3M
    Ford Lightning
    350Z
    A nice Subaru Brat, Baja, Outback XT, Forester XT
    Pontiac Solstice
    Nice, low mileage Fiero, preferably an '88 and NOT a 4 cyl.
    Saturn Sky
    Mazdaspeed 3
    A nice SRT4
    Mercury Marauder
    Something classic, but with AC (must be DDable)
    *ALL CARS MUST BE SMOG LEGAL, unless you take care of smog for me*
    Or just let me know what you have!

What I don't want:
    A car with a salvage title, unless it's a very nice car
    I'm not really looking for Honda Civics or Accords.

Last edited by Dsscats; 07-28-2014, 12:41 PM.
    Z32's rule! So do (surprisingly) non-leaking T-Tops

Just realized I need to list a price, so I guess $10,000 O.B.O. I'd still prefer to trade, but at that price, I'd just sell.

Comment

Update: I just picked up a set of stock wheels today because of a screw in the tire of the Volks. I'll get that fixed before selling, and the car will come with both the stock set and the Volks. I'm just peeling off the P.O's Plasti Dip on the stock wheels and am going to spray it with the titanium-colored dip to act like a refinishing of sorts.

Comment

Volks didn't need patching, stock wheels are currently being cleaned up. And bump.

Comment

I'd also really like to trade for a post-facelift E39 touring.

Comment

Bump! Drop to $9000

Comment

This is super clean. I love Z32s
              Instagram
              Flickr

Comment

Thanks! It was really cool to find one in this nice condition. I know the automatic is putting people off, but it's unbelievably clean.

Comment

Bump! 54,100 as of tonight.

Comment

Alright, the radiator got clogged so it was replaced with an aftermarket one. It's back and running better than ever

Comment

Alright, photo isn't working, so just use this link https://www.flickr.com/photos/972205...57645546907330

Comment

Bump.

Comment

Bump

Comment

bump

Comment

Working...