'88 Wagovan RT 4WD progress thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '88 Wagovan RT 4WD progress thread

Just picked up this Civic Wagon RT 4WD last thursday (7/17/14) from nothern Virginia. I have been looking for one of these on and off for a little over a year. This one is in really good shape, so I am excited to own it. As you can see from my signature I am a GM enthusiast and have several highly desirable cars, this is a little outside my normal 'style' but I really love the uniqueness & rarity these cars have.

It's got Function/Form coilovers, adj control arms, apexi exhaust, injen cold air intake, 17" Slips, & front lip. I have already added a passenger mirror (very hard to find) & a yakima roof rack with bike tray. next mods will be some different seats, different wheels, & drop the coilovers a little.

My previous wagon I owned about 3 years ago, really loved it.. Thats the reason for looking for another one.

My new wagon RT 4WD with the 5-speed and additional super low granny gear.

Mike Gibson
    [2012 Chevy Cruze LTZ - 2005 GMC Sierra Crew Slammed - 2002 Corvette Z06 Cammed]
    [1988 Civic Wagovan RT 4WD - 1988 Camaro IROC-Z - 1969 Firebird LS6 Swap]
    [1998 Malibu Sunsetter LX Wakeboard boat - 2008 Honda Rancher 420 EFI on 20" Rims]

I had one of those, ended up like this...

A shame, since it was a fun little car, but as i found out when gutting it for parts, it was rusty as hell, so might have been just as well. Still have the 4wd setup and engine\gearbox for it (and some Bisimoto parts.... )

Comment

looks great man! got any pics of your other rides just out of curiousity

IG: Nick475

Comment

Originally posted by Mad_Maxx View Post
        I had one of those, ended up like this...

A shame, since it was a fun little car, but as i found out when gutting it for parts, it was rusty as hell, so might have been just as well. Still have the 4wd setup and enginegearbox for it (and some Bisimoto parts.... )
        Ouch dude that looks brutal! where you from and what kind of parts you got?

Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
        looks great man! got any pics of your other rides just out of curiousity
        Thanks!

Heres a few of them:

more of the Z06, which is my baby

Last edited by maroon88iroc; 07-23-2014, 11:57 AM.
        Mike Gibson
        [2012 Chevy Cruze LTZ - 2005 GMC Sierra Crew Slammed - 2002 Corvette Z06 Cammed]
        [1998 Malibu Sunsetter LX Wakeboard boat - 2008 Honda Rancher 420 EFI on 20" Rims]

Comment

Love me a wagon, literally sold mine 2 weeks ago and regret it
          Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

Anymore of that Camaro, it looks amazing!

Comment

Looking to see where this goes!

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
              Originally posted by nickskater09
              I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

That z06 looks awsome

ig: @jonnie86

Comment

Put new wheels on the wagon last night. Traded the Slips even for these Wedsport SA-90 16"s in Bronze Metallic.

WEDSPORT 7-24-14 by cml89
                  Mike Gibson

Comment

Originally posted by Tuck&Poke View Post
                    That z06 looks awsome
                    Thanks man! Widebody quarter panels, lowered as far as it will go on stock suspension, & CCW LM20's 18x10 front & 18x13 rear

Originally posted by DutchStance View Post
                    Anymore of that Camaro, it looks amazing!
                    Yessir,I gt plenty of them. This was my first car so its what got me started into cars. I have about 4 different sets of wheels for it. Above it was on the CCW Classics staggard 17/18. Usually It is rocking tripple chrome plated factory IROC replica rims in 17" flavor. Currently it is sitting on 17/18 C5 corvette magnessium wheels which are very rare. Dont have any pics of those though.

iroc Rolling by cml89

gibsoncamaro 14 by cml89

gibsoncamaro 20 by cml89
                    Mike Gibson

Comment

You have excellent taste in automobiles.

Stunning so far, looking forward to your wagon updates. The Weds look at home on there.
                      BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                      Originally posted by Ollie
                      We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Originally posted by maroon88iroc View Post
                        Put new wheels on the wagon last night. Traded the Slips even for these Wedsport SA-90 16"s in Bronze Metallic.

WEDSPORT 7-24-14 by cml89
                        When you told me about these, I wasn't too sure about them. But they work really well! I still need to see this thing
                        2010 135i | Alpine White | Coral Red | 6MT | Bagged

Build | Instagram: fifty3bags

Comment

Slightly big update.. Baller wheels for the wagon are in my possession.

Avant Garde F140 in 16x9.5 + 8/10 sizing.

Mike Gibson

Comment

Oh that's pretty

Comment

Love this!

Comment

Working...
                              X