Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10J ET35 on E46 BMW

Hi guys

I drive a BMW E46 coupe, on coilovers wound down pretty low. Not low enough to show off just yet lol

But has anyone else got ET35 10J wheels on the back of one yet?

I was thinking with 225/35 tires, running max neg camber on the factory arms and have the arches rolled.

Thoughts?

I figured I would post here as the E46Zone forum talked down to me when I asked about this lol.

Thanks

Naj
    Instagram @naj_hx

This is 17x8.5 ET0 205 40 up front and 17x10 ET neg1 215 40 out back but 225 35 is about the same stretch and a better suited size

Comment

35ET isn't really that aggressive on a coupe, depends what you want but

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
        This is 17x8.5 ET0 205 40 up front and 17x10 ET neg1 215 40 out back but 225 35 is about the same stretch and a better suited size

MY GOD, that is amazing! Whats the set up on this??

And thanks guys, I thought it was really aggresive as having a play on willtheyfit showed that the rim would sit 30mm further out.. Upon measuring turns out its not that much really.

I think I will be using 225/35 for the rear and 205/35 for the front

How can I get low as that ^^^ ??

When I get new front tires (Waiting for postman) the front will be wound down all the way and the helper spring removed (JOM Coilovers)

thanks
        Instagram @naj_hx

Comment

It was on JOM coils no helpers up front and no spring perches out back wound all the way down, nothing special and what you've got right now

If you've got an 8.5J up front I'd go 205 40 front & 235 35 rear to keep rolling diameters the same otherwise it'll accentuate the natural rake BMW's have with a 35 profile. You also don't really need 225 stretch with your offset.

Have a play on this website and use my pics and specs to figure out what amount of stretch you'll need and where, approximately, the wheel will sit.

10J ET35 with 235 35 vs 10J ET-1 with 215 40 (in pictures^)

Comment

Originally posted by Anonymoose View Post
            It was on JOM coils no helpers up front and no spring perches out back wound all the way down, nothing special and what you've got right now

If you've got an 8.5J up front I'd go 205 40 front & 235 35 rear to keep rolling diameters the same otherwise it'll accentuate the natural rake BMW's have with a 35 profile. You also don't really need 225 stretch with your offset.

Have a play on this website and use my pics and specs to figure out what amount of stretch you'll need and where, approximately, the wheel will sit.

10J ET35 with 235 35 vs 10J ET-1 with 215 40 (in pictures^)

http://willtheyfit.com/index.php?wid...=10&offset2=-1

Thanks for that!

Eventually I would like to get poke like yours! Just maybe not as extreme.

Only reason I considered 205/35 is so I can get more lows! And I just realised you have a front splitter.

But I suppose you're right. I think I'll try 205/40 for the front as its not too much different in rolling diameter.

I was thinking about re-using my existing 225/40 tires for the rear..

So what would be the worst case scenario if I ran 35 profile all round? (205/35 and then 225/35) Because the tires alone would make my car sit a hell of a lot lower lol.
            Instagram @naj_hx

Comment

I am pretty much making the same setup, im rolling 195/40`s nankangs on front 17x8, front no lip popping up from tyres, basically no stretch at all, so i suggest trying those on urs 17x8,5.

Back are 205/40 falkens 452 17x10 wheels. Gotta love those falkens, they stretch pretty well, take a look. 30 ET, im going with spacers, gotta make a fit test first tho. Im running bags.

edit: just bought 25mm spacers for front and 30mm for back =] looks great!
              Last edited by bckbruno; 07-24-2014, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Thats awesome! And a LOT of stretch! haha! I'm not sure if I'm ready for that yet.

Have you got pics of the way yours sits? Because mine are going to be 18'snot 17's like yours?

I've ordered the wheels! They said 4 weeks though
                Instagram @naj_hx

Comment

Working...
                X