My Datsun 240Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Datsun 240Z

Hi all! This is my first post but I've been admiring your cars here for a while and I'm amazed of the creativity and style you guys have. Here's some pics of my Datsun 240Z I've been slowly building since 2010. I hope you like it as I have to admit I really do. It's still far from being complete but I've been driving it all summer and burnt 940 liters of E85 while doing it.

Specs:

1972 Datsun 240Z
    engine: R32 RB26 with HKS GT-SS kit, currently making 515hp/640nm @ 1.3bar and over 550hp @1.6bar.
    transmission: R33 rwd
    wheels: Image Wheels RM1 9.5x16 et-05 and 8x16 et-05

To-do list is quite long but first new lsd diff and half shafts as it still has original R180, then interior and maybe different suspension to get a bit lower. Body needs work too but first things first.

Last edited by TomiS; 07-19-2014, 01:02 AM.

ooh. So clean. That meaty stance + that engine. Great work!

Comment

So clean. That meaty stance + that engine. Great work!

Comment

Badass!
        I dislike Byron.

Comment

omg wow. the exhaust tips are AMAZING
          HAI GUISE

Comment

Wow, love it!

Comment

Sooo perfect

Comment

That motor... OMG!

Comment

Holy shit, I H.A.T.E. you so much right now. I want an S30 Z so bad, and you've seriously done yours almost exactly like I would want to build one. Amazing.
                  Ol Dirty Bastard - RIP

Photo by Alex Dooley
                  2016 Ducati Scrambler, 2015 Subaru Impreza

Comment

Thanks all, I really appreciate your comments! I was looking for 432r style for the exhaust and I'm quite happy how it turned out. The sound it makes is distinctive and a lot different than other RB26's I've heard. This is more motorbikeish on higher rev's and boost probably due to 3" -> 2x2.25" muffler. I guess I have to try to get sound samples some day. I have also tried different wheels on this. I've had Porsche Fuchs', BBS RS's and even some 17" tuner wheels and I'm still not perfectly happy how these are. I may change them or just the colour some day but first I need to fix all the little issues and get the driveline up to date.

Comment

Honestly, you I would stay w/ 15s or 16s on this. Maybe a touch shorter sidewall or a little stretch would be perfect!

Either way it looks goood!

progress IS a slow process

Comment

So lovely.
                        BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
                        Originally posted by Ollie
                        We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

That meaty tyre look and red interieur, one word: awesome!

Comment

Yes, I will definitely stay with 16" wheels as long as I can get wide enough tires. I ***** the look with 17's even if the tires had the same diameter. Currently there is only one manufacturer making 265/45-16 and if they stop making them I will have to go narrower and stretched ones. I had never heard the term "meaty stance" but I love it!

Comment

very clean.
                              @slowprogress

Comment

Working...
                              X