Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Slow and Stupid S13 Build. (Swapped, Widebody, & 326power).

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Slow and Stupid S13 Build. (Swapped, Widebody, & 326power).

For starters most of these photos are shitty because I really haven't taken any nice ones, I plan to have a video done of the build eventually.

Hello all I've been procrastinating putting this up for a while since progress has been so slow. About five months ago now I sold my 2009 BMW 135i and purchased a 1991 Nissan 240sx. Yes, it was definitely a downgrade but I needed the money for other things. When I purchased the car it came with an SR20DET already implanted as the heart, and a fully built suspension including nice coilovers, camber + toe arms, and a few other goodies. Unfortunately that was all the car seemed to be good for. The interior was ruined from a leaky sunroof and being parked outside, the exterior had all sorts of rust and mismatched panels, and it smelled like satan.

Here it is the day I drove it home;

Right away I removed the bent hood and snapped front bumper to reveal the horrid purple engine bay and a crooked intercooler. (At least the fenders are tubbed).

Put on a temporary bumper so cops wouldn't get mad, gave it a little JDM flare too of course. My friends are blatant racists please ignore them.

Stripped out the completely moldy carpet and rattle-canned the interior black after cleaning up rust spots and sanding. I also replaced the sunroof latch at this point and it no longer leaks. Also purchased two brand new Sparcos, I still only have one installed because I am lazy.

Bought a new hood that actually fits, and then shamed my garaged by parking it next to my nice car.

Alright so this is already about a month in now, and parts started to arrive from everywhere, but mainly Japan. Real 326power wing, 30mm Overfenders I never used, 18x10 and 18x11 Cerberus's, 595's, 50mm Overfenders to fit my wheels comfortably, 25mm front D-max fenders, and a real Sexy Style kit.

Somewhere along the way I clearly got sidetracked and ended up getting an arsehole of a dog instead of car parts.

This is where the real fun begins; installing the fenders. With the rears the first step was cutting out both sides to make room for the wheels.

Then came the fronts. They fitted like dick when I bought them so I took them to a local shop and had them fitted on properly. We ended up using the frame of my stock fenders and fiberglassing the new ones onto them. This made the fronts essentially +40mm wider than stock instead of +25. Which is cool in my book.

Then I took it upon myself to order some douchey license plate.

I have no pictures of this step, but next came the lug conversion. Somehow this car was still a 4-lug after being used as a supposed show-car for a while. A good group of friends and I spent the better of 4 hours cussing and yelling until the 5-lugs were on and I could finally mount my wheels. Here is the car the first night out on the street. (Including a video of me killing it because of the shitty clutch).

video, sharing, camera phone, video phone, free, upload

Lowered the rear down some more.

Then I did some design work for some super rad JDM fan-boy flare on the sides and windshield of my car. You can also see that I got fed-up with the white wing and painted it red.

This pretty much puts me at current day. The front is much lower now and has spacers but I don't have any pictures. I'll update when I feel like it, but enjoy for now.

instagram: @elliotjlong

Nice story i got on this thread,its a slow but nice made as you know you made it slowly and with full care and had a great fun during its made and made an awesome and superb design,i like it because my work also matched with your work.

Comment

Originally posted by Micheal View Post
      Nice story i got on this thread,its a slow but nice made as you know you made it slowly and with full care and had a great fun during its made and made an awesome and superb design,i like it because my work also matched with your work.
      Thank you very much, I hope your build is also going well.

Comment

You didn't buy this from a dude named Travis, did you?

Comment

Excited to see what you have in store man! Subbed! I'm also trying to build an S13!

Comment

dang...I like where this is going !

Comment

Originally posted by Oh Damn, it's Sam View Post
              You didn't buy this from a dude named Travis, did you?
              Nope I didn't, I bought it from a guy up here who used to own a certain red R32 and red AE86.

Originally posted by alexnumberone View Post
              Excited to see what you have in store man! Subbed! I'm also trying to build an S13!
              Thanks! Let me know if you have any questions.

Originally posted by MadMax View Post
              dang...I like where this is going !
              Thank you!

Story time;
              My friend was driving this car about a month back and kicked the back end out causing the battery to short itself (or so we thought). The battery had been relocated to the back by some knucklehead, and was only held in by the terminals. So after lots of scratching our heads in a nearby parking lot we figured out a whole list of problems. 1) There was nothing for it to ground to properly. 2) It wasn't held in. 3) The terminals were completely rusted and would no longer hold. 4) THE FUCKING BATTERY WIRE RAN OVER THE GAS TANK AND FUEL LINE. If that wire had shorted anywhere near either of those my friend and I would most likely be dead in a Michael Bay-esque explosion. So we wasted no time and built a proper battery enclosure and made sure to replace both terminals and add something for it to ground to, as well as running the wiring enclosed through the hatch of the car. Ta-da.

Comment

hells yeah!

Comment

Well that escaladed quickly.. I'm all in.
                  Camberglerz
                  SedanKingz
                  Instagram: @thee_blackmann

Comment

Bought it from lucas?

Comment

tuck those rears!! looks good though!

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

Originally posted by Thee_blackmann View Post
                        Well that escaladed quickly.. I'm all in.
                        Haha I wish it was quick, this all happened in a span of like 5 months.

Originally posted by 87shark View Post
                        Bought it from lucas?
                        Yessir, he's been super helpful throughout the build though. None of the problems were his doing.

Originally posted by scweet14 View Post
                        tuck those rears!! looks good though!
                        Already on it! I still have more coilover to go down, I just don't want to until I'm running a stiffer spring rate.

Comment

Cleaned it today.

Comment

This thing is boss.
                            IG: @sebastienaudeon
                            1974 Porsche 911S

Originally posted by TRaNz
                            *pats Sebs head*
                            there there.
                            keep calm, go mash your face on a car window.

Comment

Was not expecting this. Loving it. Much.

Comment

Working...
                              X