My dipped Crossfire SRT-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My dipped Crossfire SRT-6

Hey everyone! These pictures were originally supposed to be for a website feature, but it turns out that the picture file sizes are all wrong. My buddy that took the pictures is back at school now and I don't want to pester him any more so I figured I might as well throw them up on here.

Some of you may already be familiar with my car, but if not feel free to check out my build thread. Link is in my sig

This will likely be the last shoot with the car this color. I am peeling the dip off soon and having the car resprayed Obsidian Black Metallic, an OEM Mercedes Benz color.

Enjoy!

Last edited by OSSHWA; 07-15-2014, 04:37 PM.
    MB Obsidian Black Metallic Crossfire SRT-6
    Instagram - @osshwa

Wow, first one of these I actually like. Nice wheels choice

Comment

Originally posted by daniel_lucian View Post
      Wow, first one of these I actually like. Nice wheels choice
      Haha thanks man!
      Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

This is surprisingly cool, good job.

instagram: @elliotjlong

Comment

Originally posted by Daffy View Post
          This is surprisingly cool, good job.
          Appreciate it dude!
          Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

I used to really like those cars. Then I got one. Then I didn't like it anymore. then, you came along, and BLAMMO. I like'em again.
            stanceworks: I don't really fit in.

Comment

Originally posted by driftsucky View Post
              I used to really like those cars. Then I got one. Then I didn't like it anymore. then, you came along, and BLAMMO. I like'em again.
              Bahahaha. What didn't you like about it? My biggest gripe with the car so far is my headliner. It's sag city and apparently it's a known issue with Crossfires. They didn't use enough glue to properly adhere it and it always ends up sagging/falling off.

Going low with it also proved to be difficult. Coming from owning a Miata, which are the easiest cars out there to slam, getting this car low was quite the journey. But i'm pretty happy with how it's sitting nowadays.

I just need a paintjob, a new headliner and to finish my exhaust and i'll be happy......for now.
              Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Here are a few more pictures from last weekend when I visited National Harbor with my girlfriend. We ended up getting a primo parking space and she had her camera handy so I asked her to snap a few pictures before we left

Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

Since your car was originally black repainting it black will be easy so you don't (technically) have to do the jambs or pull the motor or anything. You should do something that stands out a bit and has a nice flake in it.

Ford's tuxedo black

not sure what this is but it's nice

Subaru java black pearl (brown and gold flake)

VW Deep Black Pearl Metallic

Cadillac's black diamond paint is too overboard IMO haha

My old Subaru was obsidian black pearl which was black with a tiny amount of green and blue flake in it. It only showed in direct sunlight and man did it look pretty.

All of the pics I look up of the Mercedes Obsidian Black Metallic it just seems to look like a gloss black. That's my opinion though. haha
                  Last edited by pDubs; 07-17-2014, 07:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by pDubs View Post
                    Since your car was originally black repainting it black will be easy so you don't (technically) have to do the jambs or pull the motor or anything. You should do something that stands out a bit and has a nice flake in it.

Ford's tuxedo black

not sure what this is but it's nice

Subaru java black pearl (brown and gold flake)

VW Deep Black Pearl Metallic

Cadillac's black diamond paint is too overboard IMO haha

My old Subaru was obsidian black pearl which was black with a tiny amount of green and blue flake in it. It only showed in direct sunlight and man did it look pretty.

All of the pics I look up of the Mercedes Obsidian Black Metallic it just seems to look like a gloss black. That's my opinion though. haha
                    I like those but I just want it to be somewhat of an "OEM Plus" look. Obsidian Black Metallic has a silver/greyish flake in it and it was offered as an OEM color on the Crossfire's sister car, the Mercedes SLK.
                    Instagram - @osshwa

Comment

These would trickle in and out when I worked at a dodge dealer for a while. I always liked them and I really like this one.

Comment

You are just a rear diffuser away from Crossfire perfection. Love this car.

Comment

Nice to know about the crossfire,its really an awesome car and very graceful in look,i read about this car in an article about 2 months ago but on looking it in this thread i am surprised.Not take it easy,its a very hot piece of the automotive market and have a value in the market.

Comment

I love this car!!! I think Tuxedo Black would be mind-bending.

If it's worth doing, it's worth doing right.

Your blast pipes look stupid.

Comment

This is awesome on so many levels.

My dad has one of these, a stock non-SRT one though and I keep telling him how awesome it would look lower... THANK YOU for proving my point.

Can you provide me some details about the Dip? How did you achieve this unique satin-y finish? I need to do quite some bodywork to one of my cars and am thinking of maybe dipping it for the time being until I've got the funds for a full respray...

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Working...
                              X