Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mattys 1JZ MX73 Cressida (aka Christoff)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mattys 1JZ MX73 Cressida (aka Christoff)

Hi Guys,

I think its about time i started a build thread on my car. I've done all the work over the past two years with a big help from a few good mates (Ryan, Dwayne, Dec, Martin and John). The car is still and on going project/daily driver/drift car/funnest car i've owned to date..

To give you some background on the car and myself.
    I moved to melbourne from dublin over two years ago mostly because some of my friends were already here, I was sick of my job in dublin and the summer in ireland only lasts a few days in total!
    I sold my car in ireland, booked a flight and came out to the unknown with no job and not a lot of money. I'm a fully qualified mechanical engineer but after a few months of looking for an engineering job nothing seemed to be around.. i got a job in motorcycle shop to tide me over.

I finally got a temporary job with a special purpose machine building company for 6 months..i now needed a car to get to work. I looked around, there were a lot of cheap holdens but not knowing much about them i swayed towards toyotas. I found a few cressidas. Now, i knew a little about these cars from seeing vip and drift videos from japan but thats it..

Ive spent the last two years building this car. alot of money time and effort has went into it. My company also offered me a 3 year contract, WIN!

I've taken alot of photos, had to figure a lot of shit out and i plan on showing everything step by step in the next few months.

So if your interested stay tuned.....

Matt

The car got christened christoff, this is him the day i got him:

He now looks more like this:
    Follow me on instagram: MMCSPEEDFREAK

more pics this is gonna be great!!
    Mx73 Cressida Build check it out!
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59875

Ig: Japetto516

Comment

Awesome
      Can't wait!
      Please include things about shit Australian laws on modding are haha
      Good to see another Aussie here, well kinda Aussie
      BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

Thanks guys,
        Initially the plan was to just drive it for awhile and then buy something else when i had some money saved up. But with everything that i have ever owned it did not stay unmodified for long...

I tried sliding it in the wet a few times, obviously this sucked ass because stock mx73's are shit (unless you want a nice couch on wheels) so i took it into the shed and changed a few things..

First thing to change was the suspension. I got a set of BC coilovers from just jap in sydney, good guys and fast delivery.

Pulled out the stock suspension. With my model cressida you need to weld the front BC struts to your originals. I cut mine leaving 50mm and then slid the BC strut over the top.

While i had the coilovers out i decided to polybush the whole car

And while i was doing that i decided to give everything abit of a clean up:

I then welded it completely around and also plug welded it to be extra safe.

These coilovers go super low, my rears are nearly the full way up as this sits.

As everyone knows to get good slides you need an LSD or an ARC diff :-P So for the time being i pulled my diff out and done this:

1j vvti, LSD, r154, bigger brakes coming soon....

Comment

nice ass

also like pics of car things.
          BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

Didn't appreciate these while working on a friend's mx-73, a couple years downs the road I was ready to drive 2,000 miles for one. Looking forward to the 1jz swap, do us proud.

Comment

in for the 1jz

Comment

Thanks guys. There will be more soon and some other car stuff pics.

In the mean time if anyone could recommend how to set up these coilovers for drifting

Comment

First thing to change was the suspension. I got a set of BC coilovers from just jap in sydney, good guys and fast delivery.

Comment

Always love 1jz cressidas.

She needs more ass though.
                    Mercedes:
                    93' 190E Sportline
                    80' 450SEL 6.9
                    67' 250SE

Comment

ive been a little slack lately with updates.

I was browsing on gumtree one day and seen a 1jz vvti with r154 gearbox up forsale. I had the cash sitting there so i said id go take a look. The guy selling it had bought a JZX100 front cut with the intentions of putting it into his Supra/Celica but backed out. Everything had been carefully removed from the front cut and was in top condition!-Goodnews bought it!

Bad news: on my way to work one morning while towing a trailer i managed to get myself into a four car pile up!

Although this was bad and i thought about selling everything it made me put the cressida off the road earlier than i expected which in turn kickstarted the project..

So the stripping began..

But then i collected this

And ill just leave this one here

Comment

Yeeeee this is going in the perfect direction these cars with that heart transplant are an absolute blast!! Keep up the solid work I'm a X-chassis owner myself
                        Mx73 Cressida Build check it out!
                        http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=59875

Ig: Japetto516

Comment

This is going to be sweet!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

One other thing i picked up was a set of these SSR speedstars, they were not as wide or as dishy as i wanted but will do until i get something else.

First things first get your keith lemon lookalike friend to help split them.

Dwayne:

Keith Lemon:

spent ages wet&drying all the old laquer off the aluminium and getting all the scratches out:

Im happy with how they turned out.

I then started pulling the old engine, gearbox,running gear and front end from the car:

Comment

looking real cool man !
                              BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

Working...
                              X