Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to add stance to my Saab

Hi guys/girls,

Id like to say hi, Im a longtime viewer and finally registered so I could post here and gain some advice.

I own a 1988 Saab 9000 turbo, and am really keen to stance it, but am having a hard time finding any advice or knowledge on wheel sizing and recommendations.
    The standard wheel size for Saab 9000s is 4x108 35 ET
    Can someone here point me in the right direction?
    I have ordered a set of standard 15" or 16" ? saab 'chasers' or standard wheels from my local Saab guys here in Melbourne, and going by what I have read so far online, I cancut the centres out and flip them to get the concave look going on, and get them widened for a reasonable cost of around $200AUD per wheel.
    But I am not sure what size to get them widened to, or what tires would be best stretched over them.
    I currently have a set of 17"x7 chrome rims on my car, and there is minimal room on the inside of the wheel before the break calipers/suspension? and I am not wanting my new wheels to rub on these. The guards on my car are already flared, and I dont think I would need to do much if at all in terms of rolling the guards to fit the 'poke' on the outside, but I am concerned by the wider wheels causing me rubbing problems and was after any advice from someone here who has a 9000 or has stanced one.

I hope you people can point me in the right direction!
    Last edited by 9000; 06-30-2014, 10:52 PM. Reason: Edit

I know nothing on Saabs except my buddy has one but what it sounds like you need to do is take your current wheel specs and plug them into this http://www.willtheyfit.com/. Then try pluggin in different measurements for your new wheels and see what the change or difference between the two wheels are. If you don't understand what I am saying click on the link and it will make sense after you start putting in your specs.

Comment

you don't understand what I am saying click on the link and it will make sense after you start putting in your specs.

Comment

Okay so im looking at 16x10 et0 dynamic steelies, currently my setup is 17x7 35et.
        saabs have problems clearing the suspension at the front, but according to the link you provided it would only be 3mm closer and would poke out an extra 7 or so cm so thats good..
        do u think this would be a good choice?
        also i know it isnt the same measurement but is it possible to fit either 4x100 or 4x114.3 rims on a 4x108 fitment car? at all possible? spacers, rings or something?

Comment

Originally posted by 9000 View Post
          also i know it isnt the same measurement but is it possible to fit either 4x100 or 4x114.3 rims on a 4x108 fitment car? at all possible? spacers, rings or something?
          Adapters. They're fairly thick, so you'll have to factor that into your wheel specs. The other option is to have a set of wheels redrilled for your bolt pattern.

Comment

Working...
          X