Dont Click Here Its the Slowest & Dumbest Thread Ever

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont Click Here Its the Slowest & Dumbest Thread Ever

CURRENT CAR (dont bother reading all the stuff down there ↓)

Page 3 is where the build really starts.

Hi my name is David you may remember me from such threads as

The Undrivable Daily Driver
    http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=57875

And thats about it.....

No need for intros here, If you REALLY REALLY want one click on ↑↑That Thread↑↑

Anyways Lets get onto the car.

Its a 1998 Civic Hatchback (The best kind of civic)

I bought it Yesterday (from the date this was posted) (Obviously) (Whats with all these Parenthesis?)

Anyways the car right....

Heres some pictures.

K so the car looks ok but then you look at the passenger side quarter panel then you almost throw up at the sight of whatever is going on here

You have been warned

Also the Interior was disgusting so that was the first thing I took care of.

Heres some terrible before shot(s): (just one srry)

So the first thing I did was completely strip the interior and see what I had to work with.

ALL STRIPPED:

Heres the dirty disgusting nasty (tasty?) carpet.

Heres some nasty interior trim pieces that I bothered to take a picture of

Some stupid wiring that I have to take care of

Now I didnt take any "During pictures" because I was too focused and completely forgot to
    (forgive pls) So I only have the after picture with the interior back together and less nasty

Dont mind the ripped seat thats getting replaced.

Oh and this thing.

Some genius decided to put a rear strut bar (If thats what they are called) And cut this MASSIVE hole into the rear side trim thing.
    And its only on the one side which is weird. I guess they had second thoughts about installing it
    Last edited by SnazzyQ; 03-10-2015, 11:38 PM.

alot of interior and body work needed lol..however it will be part of the fun

Comment

Woot woot, 98's are awesome, can't wait to see more progress
      1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
      1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

not a bad start could be worst

Comment

good info,good time,alot of interior and body work needed lol..however it will be part of the fun.thanks

Comment

Looks like someone already threw up on that rear quarter.
            Originally posted by Stupid Kid
            You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

I'm curious as to why you bother with the steering wheel club. I'm 98% certain no one would steal this in its current condition. LOL

good luck with it.

Comment

Thanks guys all your comments help keep me going

I basically bought this because it was cheap and I wanted something I could work on while I wait to turn 16

Yeah the quarter panel is disgusting. If anyone knows a good way to fix it without welding a new quarter panel in that would help alot

I use the Steering wheel club because my family kind of has a history of getting hondas stolen from us so I just use that for extra peace of mind when I leave it at night. Also I cant lock the car because the key that came with the car only works in the ignition and not the door locks so I always have to have one door unlocked. But im getting new locks all around with one key to everything.

Expect another update with the bodywork and what nots in the next day or two

Till then I love you

Comment

^you should wire up a deadman switch. Anyone happens to get into the car and hotwire the ignition won't be able to start er up and drive off
                  1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                  1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Good start, in for seeing what mysteries lie behind that quarter panel

Comment

Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
                      ^you should wire up a deadman switch. Anyone happens to get into the car and hotwire the ignition won't be able to start er up and drive off
                      Hm I'll look into those.

Originally posted by TMA-1 View Post
                      Good start, in for seeing what mysteries lie behind that quarter panel
                      Me to lol. The P.O. said that they tried to pull out a dent but failed horribly so it looks like a unicorn barfed out of its butt all over it

Comment

Go to the wreckers and get 2 quaters cut and then maybe get them bowed out a little at the wheels wells. Cut the oem fender higher and rivet new fenders on. Metal wide body. Run gangster wheels. Errbody on SW be gushin.

Comment

Originally posted by Thom View Post
                          Go to the wreckers and get 2 quaters cut and then maybe get them bowed out a little at the wheels wells. Cut the oem fender higher and rivet new fenders on. Metal wide body. Run gangster wheels. Errbody on SW be gushin.
                          lol Im think about just getting just a whole new quarter welded on anyways because the car is going to HAVE to be repainted unless I want it like 6 different colors

Comment

UPDATES:

First off, Apologies for lack of updates Ive just been busy with the car so I havent had time to post on here

Well now thats out of the way lets get to the actual update itself

I went to the mall to get car parts

I picked up a new hatch without a massive dent in it and a few interior pieces I needed

Heres the hatch installed

Also Bought some wheels for a sweet ass deal (I just need to buy tires)

Now before you guys start to say like "those wheels are fakse as shit" and what not Im only 15 and on a budget so.... yeah

They are Rota Circuit 10s in case anyone is wondering

The first thing I did after I got them was start to prep them for paint because I **** black wheels on any car

Here they are all painted and looking sexy

Dont mind the paint on the tires they are getting replaced anyways so I didnt bother masking them up or anything

Comment

Looking good. Aren't you from the west coast? How the hell did that QP get so rotted out and wavy? My hatch is also a 98, win.

Now this is a project car, should be good. Low and wide, low and wide.

I almost died of laughter because of the duct tape residue from where someone had used tape to hold the gas door shut. Things like that just crack me up.
                              Last edited by Dremetos; 06-25-2014, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X