• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: modded 1999 M Coupe (Upstate NY)

1999 BMW M Coupe
    86,321 miles
    WBSCM9339XLC60526
    Cosmos black metallic on black leather

Time to free up some cash as well as room. I've decided to let my clean, nicely modded 1999 cosmos black on black M Coupe go. It was purchased in NC and brought back to NY in June of 2010. It has seen very little road time and never driven in the winter/salt. I've put less than 2k miles on it in the last 4 years so I've realized there's no real reason to keep it. The odometer currently sits at 86,321. The car sits on TC Kline height and rebound adjustable coilvers with 400# front and 500# rear springs. These include camber/caster monoball upper strut assembly. The wheels are Volk TE37 "time attack" 19x8.5" +30 front and 19x10.5" +25 wrapped in 245/35/19 and 275/30/19 respectively. The front brakes are Stoptech calipers with floating slotted rotors and stock calipers with slotted rotors in the rear. It has the M50 manifold swap and short ram intake. ZHP knob and short shifter...although I'm not sure what brand shifter since I didn't install it. The exhaust is aftermarket and sounds amazing, but I'm not sure the brand on that either. I can check to see if there are any stamps, logos or names on it anywhere. Urethane rear subframe mounts were installed back in 2006. The entire cooling system (water pump, radiator, thermostat, aluminum thermostat housing, expansion tank, belts, hoses and gaskets) was replaced shortly after getting the car back to NY. To my knowledge, and the knowledge of the previous owner it had not been done, so that was priority. All those parts, again, have a hair less than 2k miles. Obviously as can be seen it has the off center front license plate mount that utilizes the front tow hook.

I'm asking $18k.

I'm sure I'm forgetting things and will certainly update this post if and/or when I think of anything. Please feel free to ask questions or request pictures of certain things. Either reply here or PM me. Thanks.

The car is currently located in Binghamton, NY

E12/E39M/E53

sounds like you want to free up the space, but if you would be interested in a trade? http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=60836

Comment

Originally posted by TheArkitekt View Post
      sounds like you want to free up the space, but if you would be interested in a trade? http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=60836
      Thanks for the offer, but I'm looking for a cash sale.

Car is pending a sale right now. I will update if it falls through. Thanks.
      E12/E39M/E53

Comment

Car has been sold. Thank you for all the interest.
        E12/E39M/E53

Comment

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... .........

I want my old car back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by E55 Bulldog View Post
            NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.... .........

I want my old car back !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            hahahaha Is this Blake?
            E12/E39M/E53

Comment

Yeah man, its me. I have kicked myself a few time over the past couple years for letting that thing go.

Comment

Yeah man, its me. I have kicked myself a few time over the past couple years for letting that thing go.
                Hey duder, this is Mike, (Ken's son). Oh man, I wish you had seen this sooner. Yeah, it was a great car. As you can see, we let it go in almost the same exact shape we bought it from you in. All we did was redo the entire cooling system, replace the battery, and put 2 new tires on the front wheels. That's it. The funny/sad part of the whole thing...we put roughly 2k miles on it since we bought it from you 4 years ago. And I would say a good 600 of those miles was just getting it back. LOL It's now in a good home in MD.

How are you doing? Still in the BMW scene? Still have that "matching" X5?
                E12/E39M/E53

Comment

Originally posted by twastheglow View Post
                  Hey duder, this is Mike, (Ken's son). Oh man, I wish you had seen this sooner. Yeah, it was a great car. As you can see, we let it go in almost the same exact shape we bought it from you in. All we did was redo the entire cooling system and replace the battery. That's it. The funny/sad part of the whole thing...we put roughly 2k miles on it since we bought it from you 4 years ago. And I would say a good 600 of those miles was just getting it back. LOL It's now in a good home in MD.

How are you doing? Still in the BMW scene? Still have that "matching" X5?

Well, Im glad to see you guys took good care of it and it went to a good home, just sad its not back in NC. I would have thought your Dad would have driven the crap out that thing haha.

Man, my wife and I have blown through some cars over the past 4 years. haha. After I sold you guys the coupe, I picked up an 07 tundra that was lifted and supercharged, my wife sold the X5 and picked up a C63 AMG, then our son was born and we sold the C63 and picked up Jeep Grand Cherokee, it sucked, we sold it and then she picked up a 2011 X5M... we love that monster. I sold my Tundra, picked up a crazy old F250 7.3, then sold that and now I have an 01 Hummer H1. hahaha...

How about you and your Dad, you guys doing good?

Shoot me a PM with your email.

Comment

Well, Im glad to see you guys took good care of it and it went to a good home, just sad its not back in NC. I would have thought your Dad would have driven the crap out that thing haha.

Man, my wife and I have blown through some cars over the past 4 years. haha. After I sold you guys the coupe, I picked up an 07 tundra that was lifted and supercharged, my wife sold the X5 and picked up a C63 AMG, then our son was born and we sold the C63 and picked up Jeep Grand Cherokee, it sucked, we sold it and then she picked up a 2011 X5M... we love that monster. I sold my Tundra, picked up a crazy old F250 7.3, then sold that and now I have an 01 Hummer H1. hahaha...

How about you and your Dad, you guys doing good?

Shoot me a PM with your email.
                    Yeah, we take very good care our cars. Pretty OCD to be honest. haha Well, that WAS his intent...to drive it like he stole it. But he travels for work and is not home terribly often...at all. And I never had time to drive it much either because I had other cars I was frequenting. It honestly became a "garage queen", and as you can see never really left the house. Ever. And yeah, I know you wish it were back in NC. LOL Yeah, you have gone through some cars. SUUUUUUUUUPER jelly about the X5M. I'm not going to lie, I'm fairly jelly about the H1 too. Please tell you've kept up with tradition and bought a black one. hahaha

I've gone through some cars too. Sold the E36 M3 and bought an E39 M5. LOOOOOOOVED it. Also bought an E53 X5 4.4 for a daily. Then picked up a ridiculously mint alpine white on red 5-speed E12 528 with the euro conversion. That stays in the garage. LOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE that too. Then I stupidly downgraded and sold the M5 AND the X5 and picked up a nicely modded E34 540 as my new daily. I still have the E12 though. haha

And yes, we're doing great. I hope your family is also well. I'll send you that PM now.
                    E12/E39M/E53

Comment

Working...
                    X