1986 Toyota MR-2 NNJ $700

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1986 Toyota MR-2 NNJ $700

The best way to describe this car is a running driving project car. I bought this car wanting to fix it up and make it a auto cross and fun drivers car but right now I have too many bills to do what I want with the car. I would not say this car is a daily driver but I drive it back and fourth to work every few days and its been nothing but good to me. If you have any questions or are interested please contact Eric at 973-303-8793. Please only contact me if you are truly interested and please do not offer me under 500 for the car I have more than that into it and will not just let it go for nothing. Here is a list of things I know and that are done to the car.

1986 Toyota MR-2
    1.6l 4age engine with a 5 speed manual transmission

GOOD-
    -Car has a little over 189k miles with the timing belt done a little after 165k
    -Engine runs great and transmission feels and shifts great
    -Just did oil change this week and all fluids good and full
    -Just replaced L/F caliper with new unit
    -Just replaced front brake pads and front rotors are in okay shape
    -Just replaced rear brake rotors and rear pads are decent but should be replaced soon
    -Just replaced right rear wheel bearing
    -Plugs wires and distributor are newer replaced not too long ago
    -Very fun to drive and fun little driver
    -Speedometer does not work but ALL other gauges and lights work
    -Pop out sunroof works perfecly all parts are there
    BAD-
    -Not going to lie the car has ALOT of rust on the body but the underneath of the car is solid with no holes it just has alot of rust on the rear quarters. I know there is alot of rust but all the floors are good all the strut towers are good and all the important structural parts are solid

-Rear brakes make noise sometimes because the little metal clips that hold the brake pads are not all there. Whoever did the brakes last on the car must have lost a few of them so they sit in the caliper and driving it is safe but because all the clips are not in sometimes you hear the pads moving a little in the rear. You can buy a kit from NAPA auto parts that includes all the rear brake hardware so that you can resolve this problem.

- The speedo cable is bad so that speedo does not work so milege does not work as well. like said before ALL the other gauges work perfectly.

- No radio but not a big deal engine sounds great

- Car needs a alignment but isn't that off

- Exhaust is newer but whoever put it on did a horrible job setting it up. it doesn't leak or have any issues its just not pretty to look at

Like I said its totally a project car but if you want a project car that you can drive and have fun with while working on it this is a great car. Its a mid engine rear wheel drive unique car and totally deserves to be brought back to its former glory. Looking for $700 cash please only serious buyers.

Is the car still for sale?

Comment

Working...
    X