VW Polo 9n with Alfa Romeo and Jap spec content

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VW Polo 9n with Alfa Romeo and Jap spec content

This is my 2002 VW Polo 9n. I've had it a couple of years now and it really is becoming a long term project.

Here it was standard a few years ago.

Then in 2011 it was lowered on FK Highsports

Around this time I accidentally came across pictures of Alfa Romeo teledials when looking for porker ones, I rang my mate who is an alfa nut and it just so happened there were a set in his garden...they looked like this...

They were a mess basically but it was too good a deal to turn down. I decided to go for gloss black paint on the wheels:

I was pretty happy with the car as it was at this point although the offset was a bit annoying and felt like I was hiding the wheels a bit! So last summer I got in contact with G23 Engineering about some custom adaptors to sort the stance out. Around the same time I got the jap spec rear bumper and bluemo rear valance I had bought painted and fitted so it stood like this..

That pretty much brings it up to now, I have a votex front splitter and skirts waiting for paint and to go on and a few other surprises for the coming show season.

Last edited by W111; 04-15-2015, 07:15 AM.

now this i like!

Really wish VW USA would start selling the polo! Wanted one for ages while I lived in Scotland
    Current Car: 04 Ford Focus SVT

Founder of CleanCarCulture!
    www.CleanCarCulture.com

Www.facebook.com/CleanCarCulture

Always on the look out for feature cars in NorCal, Maine, Kansas and Florida. Want to become part of the CleanCarCulture team? Use the contact form on our website!

Comment

Originally posted by Whiskerz View Post
      now this i like!

Really wish VW USA would start selling the polo! Wanted one for ages while I lived in Scotland
      Thanks dude, I had completely forgotten that the Polo was a European market thing, I guess its deemed a bit small by VW USA. It would be cool to see them introduce it though, if only to get some US-spec goodies for over here!

Comment

Coming soon...

Comment

Now with Autopilot V2 and Airrex front bags with after a few issues Firestone rear bags. Loving it though!

Comment

just fit~~~

Comment

Originally posted by walker0417 View Post
              just fit~~~
              Cheers man

Comment

Comment

Newest additions: #rare Votex splitter and skirts, really completed the car I think..

More new pics to follow when I've given her a good clean

Comment

Damned those wheels are ugly on Alfa's but they look at home on the Polo! Nice work
                    My Build Thread - Alfa 75 3lt

Comment

A few more pictures as promised, really loving how it looks now. It seems the splitter and skirts have sort of completed the look.

Firstly a typical IG washing picture

And then...

Any thoughts?

Comment

i never thought an italian and a german could have a beautifull baby like that

Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Love the car, love the wheels, only wish the pictures were better...! I love the skirt and the front lip by the way!

Comment

Originally posted by P78 View Post
                            i never thought an italian and a german could have a beautifull baby like that

Thanks man, it even got a good reception on the Alfa Owners club, who knew!?

Originally posted by Pedro'z View Post
                            Love the car, love the wheels, only wish the pictures were better...! I love the skirt and the front lip by the way!
                            Cheers dude, as for pictures I know I know, blame IG and my phone, I'll have a proper shoot when the season gets underway a bit.

It almost seems a shame that I've got new wheels now the alfa's are really coming into their own.

Comment

A few pictures from Dubfreeze last week.

And the usual phone quality scenic photo on the way home.

Comment

Working...
                              X