Budget daily beater LS400

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget daily beater LS400

hello all. New member long time browser on here. first a little about myself. I have been building cars for about 15 years now. Have had 30 cars at this point,guess you could say I get bored easy. Have done everything from BMW to Mercedes and even two Dodge neons once upon a time. You can see a few of my cars from my river days if you Google my user name anyways I. Just picked up a 1997 Lexus ls400 for a price I couldn't argue with and fell in love. It's a amazing machine and makes me wonder why the hell I didn't get one sooner. So far in the two months I have owned it I have put Megan LP coils on it. New oil pan gasket . Fixed the infamous power steering leak that kills alternators. Ordered a asain timing belt ,water pump ,tensioners and such. And am now thinking about where to go from here. It's my daily for now. I only drive about 2 miles a day to work so it doesn't get ran too much. I don't wanna do a VIP build . But god do I love a proper stance. So here is the plan: get a nice set of wheels. Thinking of a set of Varrstoen ES6 in 19x9.5 +12 front and 19x11 +15. Nice wheels but not too baller lol. Gonna need a roll and pull front and rear .And while I am pulling the fenders it will give me some time to take Cate of some body work. It doesn't have any large dents but the paint looks like they took a SOS pad to it. A older couple owned her ans took her through automated car washes.ughhh. I have done a lot of my own paint and body so rather than try to detail the current paint I am going to give her a fresh coat of satin pearle white. It will be clean and not show the inevitable parking lot dings and shit the way the black does now . The goal in a clean slammed daily that turns some heads for the right reasons . Maybe some all red tails and need to do the exhaust cause I am dragging it at the hight I am at now. Told the wife if I brake it I have to upgrade right? Gonna do true duels with a couple borla cans out back. Anyways sorry if this runs together. Posting on my phone is a pai pics will be posted tonight as soon as photobucket stops being a ass.

Good to see another LS build

I redded out my tails too and its def one of the best and easiest mods to do. I know you said this was a budget build but for the same price as those Varrstoens you could probably get some nice used wheels in whatever style you're going with (I know you said you didn't want VIP), but again just my 2 cents its your car and money do with it as you will.

But seriously get some pics up man!

Comment

Photobucket sucks use imgur

Also nice to see another LS Ive always had a softspot for them

Comment

Toyota is a very popular brand and the 14th largest company in the world. When the economy gets better it is the right time to have your own car since great deals comes out. Go to Sandy Springs Toyota Atlanta quickly and get your brand new car.

Comment

Pics look like crap but ya get the idea. Wanna go lower but the damm Megan's don't go any lower in the rear...unless I mess with preload. But I have a idea to fix the rear coils to get some more drop outta them..

And those varrstoens are soooo very sexy...if I gotta run reps at least I wanna nice set of reps. plus the wife likes em....So yeah gonna buy em and say "but honey I got em for you!"

Comment

finally got some wheels on. Not my first choice but I like em for now. There are privat reserves 19x9.5 + 25 all the way around. Wrapped in 235/35 Nankang NS20 rubber. Have 15mm spacers on the way for the rear. Front fenders are rolled and pulled . Rears are rolled all with a bat and phone book lol. Picked the wheels and tires up shipped new for 650 bucks. Couldn't pass it up. Ehhhh....
            Last edited by theteejmiester; 09-15-2014, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Comment

Holy Huge Picture Batman

Comment

Forgot about this build...changed it up a bit over the last year...I like it a lot better now....
                  Last edited by theteejmiester; 05-19-2015, 01:33 AM. Reason: having a hard time with phone pics

Comment

Oh and yeah...heading more towards VIP on this build....

Comment

I redded out my tails too and its def one of the best and easiest mods to do.
                      Looks cool cars

Comment

Working...
                      X