Project N/A 2JZ Soarer from aus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project N/A 2JZ Soarer from aus

g'day mates. Posted in the Intro section introducing myself and the car in late 2012 (here: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=38735.) It was imported with 60,000kms and i got it at 90,000 being the second owner in Australia and the third owner of the car.

Since then its come quite a long way. Going to miss out on a lot of the little stuff i've done since im starting my thread 2 years into the build, but thats ok.

When i got it: (bone stock with some random wheels)

6 months later with lowering springs

I've done the following since then.

mandrel bent 2.5" mild steel full exhaust with 3.5" twin stainless Magnaflow tips. bashed out cat
    Xerd extractors modified for RHD and ceramic coated inside and out

Supra W58 5 speed manual swap
    with an exedy heavy duty clutch
    TRD short shifter and TRD gear knob.
    Sanded back and resprayed the new supra driveshaft.

Around the same time i had a Haltech PS1000 standalone ECU installed and tuned in preparation for the ITBs to come (yes you read right). Made 190rwhp on an that dyno after full exhaust, k&n panel filter, manual and the haltech.

Next up was the A01B Supra 1.5 way torsen lsd. Got it painted black, reshimmed, new bearings and a shortened final drive ratio from 4.08 to 4.27 .

For handling i put in BC coilovers,
    front carbing strut bar
    rear GTspec strut bar

Titan motorsports front and rear sway bars (needed Supra rear subframe mounts)

Then i bought some Rota P45 r2/r3s
    specs were 18x9.5 +18 and 18x12 +20
    wrapped them and test fitted. Basically decided i was going to it properly and buy some good looking, proper wheels at this point i sold the rims and kept the tyres. Heres how the test fit looked ( i knew i was going to need widebody before i bought them)

Had my welder made re-do the diff back part of my exhaust to bring both the tips over to one side.

Interior wise not much has changed yet except i put in a Grip Royal Knight and a genuine Works Bell boss kit. still need a grip royal crest horn to complete this setup. Maybe down the track ill get a mint removeable hub.

Few more engine mods came next, New NOLOGY leads and plugs, coolant bypass, lighter oil, PHR lightweight polished pulleys, a/c deleted and installed my Fluidyne radiator and flexalite electric fans. Also put in a 12" K&n pod filter

Managed to net 206rwhp with a tune on 100RON

Picked up 97 soarer side skirts, rear pods and rear bumper and cut the left exhaust side to fit the tips. Front bumper wise i bought a cheap second hand one and went to work shaving the high beam and indicators holes with fibreglass and bog. This never worked but after a year or so of suffering i finally got the bumper finished and set to last. Really happy with how the front end turned out. Threw an ebay rear lip on for a laugh because i was bored with the ass end. Also bought a oem roof wing.

Heres how the car was 2 weeks ago. Currently sitting on my mates Blitz 3piece wheels wrapped in semi-slicks. With all of my handling mods and the tyres it actually handles REALLY well compared to the boat that was all over the road when i got. Front end turns in very nicely now.

Bought a second hand genuine Wise Lip from New Zealand but the courier company snapped it in half and charged me double what they quoted for Freight. Its still sitting at their depo 3 months later because i never paid for it

Just did a complete headlight restoration, took apart the lenses and cleaned everything. Came out great! Fitted tinted weathershields. Will post some more pics in the next coming weeks as my wheels have finally arrived from being rebuilt and I'm in the process of assembling them.

No pics yet but they are OZ Futuras stepped from 17" to 18" all round. Specs are 18x10 +33 and 18x11.5 +27
    My big brake kit also just arrived so im currently in the process of sanding them back and respraying them. Fitting them witth Goodridge braided brake lines.

So plans for the car in the near future are:
    - Fit 4pot Supra brakes (slotted front and rear rotors, new pads)
    - Fit OZ futuras (need 3 carbon rings if anyone knows where i can get them!)

And then a respray. Planned the respray ever since i got the car and for the last 2 years ive been tossing between either a deep gloss black or a dark Gun-metal. Still relatively undecided but leaning towards black.

After respray will be ITBS.
    Few teasers

Using photobucket for all this uploading, seems to be cutting the quality of the photos in half Stay tuned for high quality and more artsy photos haha!

Anyway thanks for reading boys ill keep you posted
    Last edited by Mtt; 05-07-2014, 09:04 AM.

reserved

Comment

in for progress

Comment

N fo di

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

wow! sick nissan dude!!

Comment

This is going to be fantastic. Props to you for going the N/A route, I have a deep respect for all-motor builds. I've always had a soft spot for Soarers, and yours just hits all the right notes.
            BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
            Originally posted by Ollie
            We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

Nice, I like the high beam delete! These cars are like whales, especially in gray. Buddy had a black one, yours should look great in black. Will be watching

Comment

Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                This is going to be fantastic. Props to you for going the N/A route, I have a deep respect for all-motor builds. I've always had a soft spot for Soarers, and yours just hits all the right notes.
                Thanks man! Yeah i just love N/A power and response. And of course the induction noise of individual throttles. Will be doing headwork more n/a tuning at the same time as itbs, just dont know how far i want to go as money is kinda an issue as im going back to Uni soon.

Originally posted by Miroteknik View Post
                Nice, I like the high beam delete! These cars are like whales, especially in gray. Buddy had a black one, yours should look great in black. Will be watching
                Thanks dude! Wasn't really sure how people would react to he high beam delete, I've seen it done once before and wanted it since. Pretty happy with how it turned out

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                N fo di
                not sure what that means?

Comment

the high delete makes it look like a talen tBh but i like it !

Comment

This is amazing, love me some NA TwoJayz

Comment

Originally posted by AdsyAd View Post
                      This is amazing, love me some NA TwoJayz
                      thanks dude.

Originally posted by ChristopherJason View Post
                      the high delete makes it look like a talen tBh but i like it !
                      had to google talon, haha i can kinda see it. cheers anyway!

Comment

fuck.yes. <3

Instagram: @half_lung

Comment

few updates,
                          Have been working on my calipers over the last week. Apparently they were rebuilt 1000kms ago so they wont need to be taken apart. I've just paint stripped them and start sanding to get a nice surface the caliper paint will stick to. Originally planned to paint them black but im swinging towards painting all 4 calipers white IF i get my wallet out again and find some 2pot rear calipers and rotors (which seem to be as rare as hens teeth over here in Australia). Complete brake overhaul will also include new rear rotors and stainless lines. Want to pick up the bigger TT Supra brake master cylinder aswell for better pedal feel.

Before and after paint stripping and sanding rust off

The OZ Futuras are still being drilled and assembled at the wheel shop so they're still a week or so out. Bought new valves for them and managed to find a set of new Carbon rings + screws off ebay! Stoked about that.

Comment

Are you wearing pants haha, otherwise good start man

Comment

Originally posted by plantheon View Post
                              wow! sick nissan dude!!
                              ROFL! It's a Toyota Soarer/Lexus SC300

progress IS a slow process

Comment

Working...
                              X