Hurt feelings loading......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hurt feelings loading......

Sup guys, names Nick. I have been messing with my civic for the past year I have owned it so I figured why not make a build thread. I take pictures with my phone, and I suck at making threads.

SO, on to the car.

I got a text from my brother after months of searching for a car about a Civic he found on a local forum. It had low miles, and it was a five speed. So we jumped in the car to go check it out. Went for a test drive It needed a clutch, the trans was on its way out and made terrible sounds, the previous owner did some "body work". Told the guy I would think about it and would let him know in the next day or so.

We got about five minutes away and I called him back and asked when was the best time to come pick up the car.
    I was so excited that I bought the car and started dreaming about motor swaps, coilovers, wheels, all the things I couldn't afford being a full time college student and working part time.

Fast forward to a year later. I managed to save enough for coilovers, wheels, pulled the motor to clean up the bay and fix the transmission and this was how it was for last summer.
    Some pictures from last year.

So this year I got a new job and then this happend.

I finally had the money to do what I have wanted to ever since I was into Honda's. Over the last few months I have been picking up parts left and right to finally Boost my civic, and I couldn't be more excited.

I'm still picking some stuff up so I have yet to start ripping it apart for this year but here are some pictures of whats happened this far.

Got the car out and have been enjoying being able to drive it every day for the short amount of time left that its reliable.

Did some racing at the local race track with my brother.

Got my Neptune chip put in my ecu.

Got a block that had forged internals for a deal, then started hunting for a head at the local junkyards. For a few weeks couldn't find the head I wanted that look like it would be even worth picking up.

So I found a head, and what goes best with a used head you ask? A go-cart.

As it stands with my set up I should be around 350-375 to the wheels. According to the guy that I bought my block from, he said the it made 407 to the wheels with a similar setup but I'm not so sure about that. Just waiting for the last odds and ends to show up to have everything needed for this project.

Enough of me rambling. I promise that this will actually have current stuff going on this weekend that wont be months apart. If all goes as planed I'm going to start ripping the motor out and putting together my new motor. Hope you guys enjoy how horrendously badly this build thread is put together.
    Here is a dance party.
    Last edited by Gumina144; 07-30-2014, 01:44 PM.

Looks like a clean start man deff in for this

Comment

Keeping it d series? Sounds like it should be rad.
      1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
      1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherJason View Post
        Looks like a clean start man deff in for this
        Thanks dude!

Originally posted by Randomofodication View Post
        Keeping it d series? Sounds like it should be rad.
        Yup, they are pretty light motors. And the fact that I can get parts so easy is because they are all over the place is super nice.
        Thanks man!

Comment

Awesome Man

In to see this thing go choo choo

Subbed

Comment

Good start so far, excited to see what you all have in store for this!
            Not sure how I remembered/recognized cars/things in your pics but is your brother s/n: mommyslittlemonster?

Comment

Originally posted by SnazzyQ View Post
              Awesome Man

In to see this thing go choo choo

Subbed
              Thanks man.

Originally posted by smiles View Post
              Good start so far, excited to see what you all have in store for this!
              Not sure how I remembered/recognized cars/things in your pics but is your brother s/n: mommyslittlemonster?
              Yup, he's the guy in the white M3 in the picture above. Hes with me more times than not when It comes to car stuff, I'm sure he will be in this thread a bit.

Comment

Your bother is mommyslittlemonster? Maaaaaaan

Originally posted by High_5er
                Hella irritating when the local Fuckbois smash around in a stock WRX with a fart can and a BOV. Then theyre all like, "Yeah bro I run boost" DUH NIGGA YOUR CAR CAME WITH IT.

Comment

Originally posted by Omnious View Post
                  Your bother is mommyslittlemonster? Maaaaaaan
                  Yeah, he's my older brother.

Small update gents.

So I didn't get a chance to start pulling my motor due to mothers day and graduations. But I did get some stuff in the mail and got something I'm rather excited about.

Kind of a bad picture but my stage five sprung Competition Clutch came in the mail.

And then these happen to fall into my lap.

I got my first real set of badass wheels, there not perfect but I was excited about them.

BBS Mahles,Build date is 1980, 15x6/7.
                  I need to do some fender work and figure out the tire combo that will work with the offset so I can fit the x7's up front and the x6's in the back. The pictures are of one of the x'6, couldn't test fit the x7's due to studs not being long enough. Ill be updating my progress with them as well, three of the five wheels need to be refinished and polished.

That's all for now, should be a bit before I update again. School is ending so I'm trying to get everything done and study a bunch. Ill try to be more entertaining next update with burnouts and strippers or something.

Comment

Update time

This week I had a some time to start working on stuff. Didn't get too much done but its a start.

Got the old girl in the shop and went to work unplugging connector's and separating the block from everything else to get it ready to be pulled out.

Last year I learned a very important lesson when I pulled the motor out to rebuild it.

Mark everything, even is you think "Oh Ill remember where this goes". No, no you wont mark that shit.
                    Any who, I was making a mess of my shop, dipped my hair into oil, got covered in antifreeze, and got power steering fluid all over the front drivers side corner of my bay that I just painted last year . So it looks like Ill be painting my bay again.

Much excitment.

The motor was ready to come out, so I had my older brother come over and give me a hand with pulling this hoe bag out. And let me tell you, this motor has little to no place to put a chain around to get this thing out. The block laughs at you wile your doing so.

MOTOR IS OUT.
                    Now its off to take the other block to get decked and checked over to see what it needs if anything.
                    So now that the motor is out and the other block is off to the doctors. Now I had some down time to work on other things for the car like the new wheels. There are two of them that need to be refinished something fierce. Nothing like some wet sanding for endless hours.

Next up is to find a set of front fenders I can pull and role to death to fit some meaty tires for more of that thing called traction.
                    That's all for now, I hope to have more stuff done as the week goes on.

Comment

Innnn for this, LOWER LOWER. d series oil pans sit the highest, take advantage of it man!

Comment

Update time

So, the last few weeks has been kind of crazy all I have been doing is working to try to get everything I need to get the car done for the summer. Over this time in the last week I have come to realize that there is no way Ill be able to get this thing done before summer is over seeing how its almost august and I don't even have my block done or everything i need to make it work.

So i guess that means that I'll just have to get some head studs for my stock block and mess with that for the remainder of the summer so that's what I have been working on the last few days. So the new plan is more low, get my BBS' done and enjoy it for a few months. I'll work on the built block over the winter when I have more money to make it stronger for more powa.

I got my new fuel pump ready to get put in, I was kind shocked how well it was going, it was super easy to get to, nothing was frozen or a pain to get off, gas didn't get all over like i expected it too, life was good.

And then I spoke too soon.

the plastic stud that hold the filter on the pump decided to snap wile putting it back together.
                        Rage.
                        So I need to figure out how im going to get the filter to stay on the pump so it doesn't fall off.

I had my girlfriend put on here killer swag for days shoes and come out and started to strip..........the paint off one of my old valve covers. just waiting on the catch can so we can weld the fitting on it then paint it.
                        I'm thinking something along the lines of an 80's ski jacket.

Next up was putting my stage five clutch in, man did I forget how much nicer it is putting in a clutch when the motor and tranny is out of the car.

still kinda bummed I'm taking this out and it doesn't even have 5k, oh well.

DONE.

After I got that all done i just started working on odd things getting my oil sandwich on, working on my wheels stuff like that. My BBS' are getting closer to be done, just need to polish the lips and give it a nice wash to clean the crap off from sanding. I hope that I can sell the set of wheels I have on the car now to pick up some Mugen goodness. More parts should be sitting on my door step when I get home so I hope to have the motor back in and such this weekend. So till then, next time I hope to have an update worth posting.

Comment

error 404 ass not found.

_DSC7278sig by FrancoE30, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by FrancoGT1 View Post
                            error 404 ass not found.
                            Hahaha, goddamn that made me laugh out loud at work. Nice that she is helping with the build though man! Sorry to laugh at that, but it couldn't be helped.

Women do not want to hear what you think. They want to hear what they think, in a deeper voice.

Comment

Originally posted by Futures View Post
                              Hahaha, goddamn that made me laugh out loud at work. Nice that she is helping with the build though man! Sorry to laugh at that, but it couldn't be helped.
                              Originally posted by FrancoGT1 View Post
                              error 404 ass not found.
                              Hahaha its cool. Mommyslittlemonster can vouch for the ass. Ill get a better angle next time.

Comment

Working...
                              X