Ucf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ucf

Started doing things to my Lexus finally, will post a few pictures as I go but here's the fuck all so far

Got it towards the end of last year

[/url]

was the most comfy car I've had so far... ordered these 20/16kg BC

replaced the discs and pads

after looking a while I found these and ordered them in from Japan through DMDistro

Work Rezax
    18x10.5J et12
    18x12J et0

after a couple of months they arrived so took them straight out for a look

Damn , this is heading in the right direction, love the wheels

i shouldn't be daily driving this:
    "Volkswagen Golf mk1 build thread"

Comment

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Always down to follow a fellow LS400 owners build!
        96 Lexus LS400 Airred out on Ordens
        88 930 - 500+hp, canned on K18R's "the Porker"
        00 V6 Focus - slammed on RS's "the V6Mistake" **SOLD**

by ZX3Tuning, on Flickr

Comment

Looks good man, gonna need some rear arms and a pull to fit them bitches, but It wasnt that bad I fit my 12.5's and just did some body work. Good luck!

Comment

Cheers

Before the wheels arrived I had installed the coils, went smoothly. Still driving around with no boot trim and rear seats because I might need to adjust the dampening and found a leak in the boot, there's about 10000000 trim pieces in there, anyways...

Installed and drove around for a while until I had tyres for the new wheels. 20/16kg feels surprisingly comfy, sticks to the road nice. I was tempted to try and get ridiculous spring rates but these will do.

Done

Comment

Next up but irl straight after the pictures of the Rezax ^^^ I did a quick test fit

[/url]

I got some 225 40 18 and 255 35 18 Dunlop SP and wasted about four hours trying to get them on by hand, then had a friend with a friend who was a mobile fitter, he got the tyre on but couldn't seat the bead so I spent another hour or two trying to do it but needed more air pressure than my small lighter powered compressor to get the bead fully over

This is how far I got

Soo close but defeated I took them to a tyre shop and we made fire

I'm looking to go 45/40 profile in the future and possibly a size or two wider if I get onto some proper fender work and/or adjustable arms. I have been thinking about getting my standard arms cut and some threaded bar welded on but we'll see...

Comment

Nice work so far, anxious to see what it looks like with the wheels mounted!

Comment

Last week I got a new seal and semi sorted it, think it needs more sealant because a little bit of water still comes in when it's raining heavy and it rains a lot here

It starting dying occasionally at the lights so after a mate suggested the AFM I had a look, there was about an inch of dust in the bottom of the filter and a handful of feathers, not much breathing going on at all but runs sweet again now.

Jorge lent me his roller and I got started. Massive pull while keeping the fender as standard looking as possible was the goal. The screw hole areas are a bitch and it took hours for the rears but here's what happened...

Before and after. Still have standard camber settings so have a bit there to play with, I'm pretty sure I can get the arch between the tyre and lip without adjustable arms but need to see.

And random ass

And that's where I'm at now. Will be doing the front arches this weekend so hopefully more potatoe pics to come.

Comment

Huh, I didn't think you would be able to fit that much rim under the rear arches without a lot more camber/fender work, but apparently I was mistaken.

I/G: DeltaAlpha9

Comment

Please let me shoot this man! It's going to look killer.

Comment

Looking great so far......

Comment

fucking love it. i want one of these so badly - and this is exactly how id build it.

Comment

Definitely a nice daily, loving it so far, thanks

Yes please Scott! Blackberry doesn't cut it at all

Comment

Did some work on the car in the weekend. Put my rear seats back in to go on a road trip to the coast, lathered them up with some leather conditioner. Cleaned up my wheel wells, just need to pressure wash the dirt off

Then arches, little dissapointed at the poke, was thinking there'd be more but oh well. Made it a little more delicate trying to roll the lip without any pull. Cut the inner liner tabs, smoothed and painted, heated the liner to stretch it back to original position...

Full droop

Spider man came and worked some magic

Done

I tried to measure how much room I have before the upper arm hits the strut tower and think it's about 15mm. At this height with the coils set hard I think I can get by without cutting the strut towers, if not 45/40 profile but we'll see.

Comment

Working...
                              X