Lolvo 940, not your Swedish regular

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow, looks awesome!

You said you have 195/50 on them, are these rims 15s or 16s?

Comment

Thanks !

Oh, yes, 16x9j et13 -30mm adapters Atiwe Keyholes, 195/50 Michelin Pilot sport.

Comment

This is awesome. I love everything about this.

'87 Porsche 944 S | Ex-E36 Touring (2009 - 2016) | Daily: '02 Chrysler Sebring

www.bastienbochmann.de | Tief & Breit

Comment

Damn! Thats PURE scandinavian BEEF! Awesome Volvo man, I used a 91 or 92 saab 900 classic wing for my 850. It took some muscle to get straight since it has a radius curve to it but its doable. Here are a couple pics of my wing. Oh and how did u lower ur Volvo bro? Cut springs or what kinda springs and shocks are u running?
          Attached Files
          "Dont let the opinions of the average man sway you.
          Dream, and he thinks your crazy.
          Succeed, and he thinks you're lucky.
          Aquire wealth, and he thinks your greedy.
          Pay no attention. He simply does'nt understand"

Comment

and sorry for the small size on those pics.. this thing wanted no more than 97.7kb on a jpg image...

Comment

how many coils did you cut front and rear?

Comment

Looks good! Sheit, you are going to make me go out and get a Volvo to add to my collection. I have way to many as it is. Since I'm a Saab owner Volvo's aren't that much of a stretch. Nice build in fore more.

Comment

Originally posted by willie@stance View Post
                  Damn! Thats PURE scandinavian BEEF! Awesome Volvo man, I used a 91 or 92 saab 900 classic wing for my 850. It took some muscle to get straight since it has a radius curve to it but its doable. Here are a couple pics of my wing. Oh and how did u lower ur Volvo bro? Cut springs or what kinda springs and shocks are u running?
                  Yeah, I also bought 900 rear wing and then realised that it is WAY too short for 940 fat rear. Got pretty sad, because I love how high it is.

I cut those springs several times already, bumpstops were shortened to a hilarious 10mm or something "just to hang there". I don't know how many coils it sums up in the end, I cut like half of the spring overally in front.
                  Rears are from Audi 100, cut like in half aswell.

Thanks guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr.AK View Post
                    This is awesome. I love everything about this.
                    Means much to me, because I've always loved all of your BMW's.

Comment

Where did u cut the front springs? From top to bottom or from the bottom up? How about the rear coils? And yeah i kinda figured the 900 wing would be too narrow for that 940's phat azz haha. It fits perfect on the P80 cars :-)

Comment

Haven't posted a while probably because nothing much has changed.

Decided I want to start moving towards drifting a bit faster, so stumbled across a very cheap set of 15x7.5J et11 Remotec mesh wheels. Those are pretty rare here so I'm very glad. Gave them to my brother for some refurbishing, will post pictures after they are done.

At last had time to visit my parents house where I can work with proper tools and so on. Somehow decided to strip whole interior, because my carpet was wet from winter heater core problem. Nice work for a sunny saturday !

Everything went as expected - didn't find any rusted spot under carpets. That's positive!

Had a huge baggage with me, so rears rubbed like bitches. Rubber smelled all the way to countryside, haha

Sorry for crappy phone pics. Received my 6 bucks worth phone fisheye from China, had to test it ha

Next thing to do is change valve cover gasket and camshaft seals, belt. That's because there's a pretty searious oil leak everywhere.
                        If everything goes as expected, should mount those Remotecs, weld that diff, chip my ECU, get 15g or 16t TUUUURBOOOO and do some skids.

Booring update, i know lol

Comment

Cool stuff going on here. The interior of the newer cars makes me wish mine wasn't an '88.
                          '88 Volvo 745 Turbo
                          Instagram @Andy_Wilder

Comment

So much awesomeness going on. Inspiration for my 740. Congrats on the rad as fuck Volvo

*If you don't mind me asking, what hub did you use for the Grip Royal wheel?
                            Last edited by TheMorningAfter; 06-18-2014, 04:31 AM. Reason: *? in bold*
                            #WhatTheFuckisDrifftDrafftGarage
                            @DrifftDrafftGarage

Comment

Thanks man, sorry for so late answer. I found used hub from 940 Volvo, you can get a new one from any car parts dealer or in ebay I believe.
                              Things have changed on this car, will update as soon as I get over technical issues and take some more pics.
                              Stay tuned.

Comment

Nice job! Im loving that exhaust. any more rear shots?
                                sigpic1998 Volvo s70 na auto
                                kinda low, kinda loud, really slow. check it.
                                http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=35112

Comment

Working...
                                X