Its just a Volvo.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its just a Volvo.

(I am going to be annoying and post a lot of pictures, some are old and not current setup. The first is how it sits now)

My names Rob,
    I drive a 1998 Volvo C70, the color is saffron yellow 1 of 138 ever made.
    I am new to the forums, so give me slack. I have a horrible iphone at the moment for pictures I will try to post good photos. Ive owned the car for the past 7 years. I also own a 2005 S60R magic blue, atacama interior 6 speed.

I will be throwing old photos to current. It originally came with volvo's bbs trtion wheels..I was an idiot and was laid off hurting for money so I traded them for s60r Pegasus and $350

Drove with those for a few years with kaplhenke coil overs, I got rid of them (they where due for a rebuild) I sent them to a friend for his 850.

Then I bought ta technix from germany for $190. which I am currently running now still for about two years. They ride the same as any coils for vw like racelands/ rokker. Rear springs are chopped lowering springs with out bump stops.

Wheels: cliche vette wheels 17x9.5 all around on 215/45s (I got the wheels for $200)

I have camber plates that I am putting on along with plans of going hopefully 2 inches lower.

motor: 198k miles and counting, full 3inch turbo back exhaust, custom 2.5 inch intake tube, custom fmic, ard green tune, blue injectors and a shot 15g turbo.. I have a 19t turbo and bigger front mount that I will be putting on within the month, along with a retune for the bigger turbo.

You make like it, you may not. Thanks for looking

Rob

update: current daily

current: C70 parked for the winter for new motor, suspension and wheels

winter set up

Old:

old wheel color, I spent all the time painting them to find out in the rain that the paint was indoor use only...it was stone paint

Yes the wheels are on backwards in every picture that is fixed now

I broke down at 2am and had to leave my car on the highway, call my friends up to help me the next day

My old 242 (thats why my user name is raab242. I made it when I owned it. He bought this off me and then I bought his s60r off him)

both of the turds

this is why I broke down, too much vibration broken ignition coil wire

along with ipds hdcv broken because of vibration..found out on the way from h20 last year when I was boosting 28psi haha when its tuned for 18

the rear

I have a lot of photos to upload, I will post my suspension setup, motor and all that.
    I hope you enjoy. These are older photos, I am uploading more recent with my wheels the right way and polished. It looks a little better now but still not what I want.

Old pictures with the Pegasus wheels

very common sign with my old setup...broke 2 sets of axles and had to get towed

this is what the stone paint looked like

one from h20 2013 with jvc

*Mustache has been removed for about 8 months, these are some older pictures. I am just going through my library just to post some up.

this is why my drive way sucks, daily issue...and I am not even that low.

another tow ride home..

because of this:

These where taken from a friend of mine. I am in need of newer photos, the wheels are polished now (they do not look good) but I do still like the cream/tan color. I go in and out of wanting to change it.

When I first put my wheels and suspension setup together

and cant drink coffee without my mugs

Last edited by raab242; 08-22-2014, 02:54 AM.

Best-looking Volvo made, in the best form (coupe), in the best looking color. Carry on.
    Audi S5 daily | Audi UrS6 project | instagram @benznotmercedes

Comment

Looks good! Corvette rims are a good choice, unique color and definitely has a lot of potential. In for more
      My Build:

Comment

I love this. C70s are so dope.
        - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

Thank you, I appreciate it. I hope it turns out how I have it pictured in my head.

some horrible iphone photos on this rainy day. Yes, the Volvo badge is not on. It will be, its just sitting in the back seat. I do not like the look of it without it.

no exhaust tip at the moment.

both turn signals zip tied in..hence the droopiness

Comment

I've seen this one before, in some photos with the other red Volvo. Awesome looking car.
            E34 build, Futuras included.

Comment

thank you, yes the red s70 is a friend of mine.

some more lame photos from last night

I came across this old picture. It makes me want to put the pegs back on. 18x8 on 225/40

Comment

I like the Vette wheels, but honestly Pegs make any FWD/AWD Volvo look boss. Especially in graphite.
                - Bagged '98 Chevy S10 - Stock '88 Volvo 240DL - Broken '87 Mitsubishi Starion ESi-R - Also Broken '87 Shelby Lancer #707/800 -

Comment

I didn't know they made hard top C70's! sick car! where are you from?

Comment

Originally posted by raab242 View Post
                    I came across this old picture. It makes me want to put the pegs back on. 18x8 on 225/40

I like this setup the best

Comment

yes I agree, and thank you. I cracked a rim and gave them to my friend because he bought a v70 off my cousin but he didn't have wheels.
                      I could always throw my pegs from my R on but then it would look horrible with 4x4 wheel gap with the vette wheels.

I am in PA.

Comment

I personally like the vets.. just a tad lower!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Originally posted by 244Brick View Post
                          I personally like the vets.. just a tad lower!
                          My plans are to get rid of this gap

then to add these 3 inch springs if I need them, I am thinking if it will help with the ride quality.. and add the Kaplhenke front camber plates.

then this massive intercooler that It probably does not need but since I got it for free I will use it.

since I will be adding this 19t

slight upgrade..It currently has a blown 15g
                          Last edited by raab242; 04-26-2014, 08:05 AM.

Comment

I made this a while ago. Came with my old mk2 but I re drilled/chizzled to fit volvos square shifter rod.

not sure if I am putting this on the c70 or my R. Light weight crank pulley.

sorry if they are crappy instagram photos I tried to crop and everytime I upload them they keep posting as the original

Comment

I was bored yesterday so I put the winglets on the R...with self tapping screws the car is dirty and has been sitting for the last month and half. needed brakes, rear wheel bearing, exhaust resonator delete(currently getting done) tires (next purchase) and I need to put my new control arm bushings in.

Comment

Working...
                              X