e32 choices of lowering, need help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e32 choices of lowering, need help.

So basically the deal is to lower the car (BMW E32 730iAL -92), just don't know what would be the best way to do it.
    Now, I would love to even remotely maintain the luxurious ride feel, but also get it closer to earth. My options are:

-shocks+springs
    -coilovers
    -airbags(last option budgetwise)

Any experiences and advices will be read and highly appreciated!

Cheers!

I could be wrong but from my research i've found that coilovers are more for racing cars, give you firmer suspension even though the dampening can be adjusted, shocks and springs tend to be stiff depending on which ones you buy, the lower they make your car the more stiff and rough they make ride quality. Airbags tend to be for show cars, daily driving, stance etc because when you come to a speed bump you can just increase the height with a touch of a button. Ride quality is supposed to be smoother as well as airbags used to get used on rolls royces and stuff back in the days of ye' olde. thats all the advice i can give, could be wrong i dont know.

Comment

I've been passing this around in my head a while, weighing different setups' pros and cons:
      Coilovers:
      + adjustment
      + price (got contacts)
      + easier to bag it later
      - ride roughness, losing the whole point of 7er's luxury
      - requires welding (they all do)

Shock+springs:

+ ride smoothness close enough
      - availability
      - may not be low enough
      - price higher than coils

Airride:

+ adjustment
      + ride smoothness
      - PRICE!
      - workload
      - management system analog vs. digital

Probably going with shocks and springs for now if I can find a decent setup to go with 19" concaves..

Comment

Working...
      X