First built set

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First built set

This is my first built set...Ive put alot of work and time into these.Looking at sets people build and bring back to life really inspires me, love their attention to details and the perfectionism.

I got them last year in may long before getting my e46, decided to convert them when school started. First off I took them apart and thought of hand polishing them...got too lazy and wanted them alot more agressive. Had my friend machine the barrels and faces, ordered some gold rs bolts and nuts, e34 mesh caps, bbs caps, sandblasted and powdercoated the barrels satin black, faces are "chrome" powdered aswell as the caps wich dont have a clear coat on them (just wouldnt work). These hex caps are from lincoln continental centercaps. Finally got the 4inch lips. Almost a year later here they are looking completely different.

For sure I could of bought a set rs for less them I built these but really wanted to try myself at this.

Enjoy

Final product:

bbs rc 035 (72.56 cb )
    17x10,25 et 3

IG@valentinoduplan

I thought I was over the whole RS craze. Not anymore. Beautiful job. Excellent choices on the combination of finishes.

Comment

Thank you
      IG@valentinoduplan

Comment

Reeeally nice job. Love it.
        Where did you source the lips from?
        -Instagram@jdjurhuus
        Stretchsaurus and Pokemon.

Comment

Thanks man. I got them from wheelflip.
          IG@valentinoduplan

Comment

i love em. although really dont like the fact that the centers are from different rs's and are different shade of silver/chrome. other than that, gorgeous
            @DollaDollaDill

Comment

Thanks ! The mesh centers are from an original set of style 5 but from the e34. They're plastic and got powdercoated at low heat for a long time but when putting the clear ( on tester first) it would mix with the chrome powder and turn dark grey, tried a couple of clear and none worked, so I kept them without clear. Should have painted the wheels instead of powdercoating..
              IG@valentinoduplan

Comment

Wow, they look great. I bet that the difference in shine between the caps and the faces are barely noticeable in natural light.

You're the first person on here that I've heard say that you would have painted instead of powder coated. I'm thinking of getting my wheels painted(or powdercoated), and I am really leaning towards paint, because it's easy to color match paint if one gets damaged and needs a refurb, it's cheaper(and easier), and plastic does funky stuff when coated. Buuuuuut... Powdercoat lasts longer because it is way more durable.

Should I paint them or powdercoat them for durability?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Yea in full sun, you can't really see the difference in tones.

I'd say powdercoat will be more durable but if you have a colour that can't be matched and plastic stuff your better off painting.
                  IG@valentinoduplan

Comment

Working...
                  X