The Undrivable Daily Driver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Undrivable Daily Driver

Well First off this isnt really going to be a "daily driver". Well at least not yet as I am only 15.

Anywhore lets get to the introductions. My name is David. I am 15 years old (as stated before) and my car is a 1997 Honda Civic EX. Now before i keep on droning about my self lets see the car in question. This is going to be a VERY SLOW build so be patient as im only 15 and funds are INCREDIBLY limited.

Now now you may be wondering, How in the world is that a 1997 when it CLEARLY has the facelift 99-00 front end. Now to answer you question I have to take you back a few weeks when I first got the car for my 15th birthday as a gift from my family (I Love them) you see my brother was working on the car and was planning to sell it for a profit. But then my parents and the rest of my 13 person family decided to all chip in and buy me the car. Anyways that got off topic back on point My brother fully converted the front and rear to a 99-00 civic.

Now when I first got the car It had these 17 inch Enkeis on it which were nice but they were 17s (not good on a civic imo) and they were plastidipped black so those were the first things to go, Sold them for 300 Amazing dollars and put that money straight into funding my driving school. So for now its sitting on my brothers set of LS webs off of an integra.(any wheel suggestions? Preferably 15s MAYBE 16s depending on what they are.)

The 17s in Question ^

Then I decided to put on a hood bra which came off of my brother old 99 hatch.
    Heres a few Pics i took when we went on a shoot with him
    (hood bra is not on the car obviously but just wanted to show you his car)

He then sold it for financial reasons and then badda bing badda bang bought himself a 2000 civic Si with a k20 swap

Will post better pictures if you guys want tommorow when i get a chance.

Anywwhore that was WAAYYY off topic I was going to show you the hood bra

I then decided 5 seconds later it looked retarded and took it off.

The next mod to happen (not really a mod just a hygiene thing) was to change the steering wheel cause the one on the car is nasty

This took a grand total of 2 days to do. Not because im not good with cars. Acutally im completely the opposite I grew up around cars and modifying and maintaining them with my brothers.Anyways that was off topic (Deja vu?)
    The reason it took two whole days was this

It was stripped and I couldnt fifure out how to remove it (btw its the bolt that holds the airbag to the steering wheel.) Anyways i asked my other brother for help ( I have 4) and i dont know how but he managed to get it out so i could swap the wheels.
    So heres the new wheel install
    Took the old one out.

AAH NO STEERING WHEEL!!!

And here is the new (used) hygienic one.

Thats all for now any comments/criticisms are always welcome. ill post as soon as i get some wheels. or something happens idk i cant predict the future

looks like a clean start man. I actually have the exact same car. The meshies look good, slam it on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrett B View Post
      looks like a clean start man. I actually have the exact same car. The meshies look good, slam it on them.
      ^ I would love to but they are my brothers right now and I kind of want something more with a lip.

OH and I forgot to mention my suspension setup.
      Its Ebay coils up front and Ebay springs on the back. ( kind of weird and will get changed as soon as i can but they ride pretty well)

Comment

I think it looks good so far man. Just be sure to take things slow with these types of build, it's easy to mess up small things. Anyway what am I saying? I don't even own a ride. It just looks like a great start. Good job.

Comment

I love seeing the young guys do stuff. This has potential. Keep at it!

Instagram: surpriseitsmicah

Builds:

Comment

Its off to a good start, I can't wait to see where you take this!

Volo In Timore

Comment

Well This isnt really an update of sorts but a few more pictures I took today of the car

Test fit some STRs that belong to my brother with the SI

Heres a better picture of His Kswapped SI

And the suspension I hope to have one day (also from his SI)

Comment

Originally posted by M.Doban View Post
                I love seeing the young guys do stuff. This has potential. Keep at it!
                That means a lot coming from you since I read your build thread thank you.

Comment

that thing is clean as hell body wise. stay away from replica wheels that is my only advisd
                  Viva La Resistance

Comment

Originally posted by double_oh_9 View Post
                    that thing is clean as hell body wise. stay away from replica wheels that is my only advisd
                    Ill try but Im on a budget ill just keep looking but any suggestions are always welcome.

Comment

UPDATE: sort of My brother decided to let me keep his Ls webs as long as I buy tires so thats news
                      heres a few more shots of the car.

Looks like someone didnt fully take off this sticker *wink* *wink*

Also did a quick an terrible photoshop of what I want the car to look like in the future.

Also restored/polished my dads headlights on his Camry
                      Before

After

Comment

Not really an update but some exciting news (for me at least) If anyone really cares about this thread anymore lol

First of all I found the theme song to my car
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5NTw...eature=mh_lolz

Also as you guys know I am only 15 so I cant drive yet
                        I got my permit and went for my first drive with my mom in her MaD TyTe JDM 2010 Subaru Outback.

Not the car but the picture is for reference

THEN my brother got a 2000 Civic Hatchback
                        And he let me drive it on the PUBLIC roads even though its a manual (so is my car so it helped me practice) not really that impressive but a big milestone for me.
                        Ill post pics of his car tommorow

OH and before I forget I pretty much got wheels
                        not really a teaser but also not a picture of the wheels.
                        That will come tommorow

Comment

APOLOGIES ( In case anyone is still following this thread) I COMPLETELY FORGOT TO UPLOAD PICTURES OF MY WHEELS YESTERDAY.

They are Oz Italy 15x6.5 wheels. (dont know too much about them so any info is appreciated)

But here they are now.

Here they are mounted on the car:

ALSO I polished up the headlights on my brothers work van.

Old nasty crap that they were:

After:

Comment

what type of polish did you use on the headlights? they both look great. really clean ek.

Comment

dude you're doing a killer job keep it up!

Comment

Working...
                              X