fd/scca 2jz240sx

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fd/scca 2jz240sx

Been working on this car for a while, figure it's time for a thread here. I'll start with a picture dump to get started...

Basics:
    -s13
    -2jz-gte
    -8pt 1-3/4" FD spec cage
    -ATL fuel cell
    -OMP bucket
    -PBM suspension
    -All cage fab/chassis metal work was done by TerTech of FL

Nice start man, Im gonna steal your idea to get the seat lower in my FC, currently my helmet rides real close to the roof and if I put in a cage its gonna be really uncomfortable. Cant wait to see more updates

Comment

It's still really tight with my current position :/ too tall for this chassis, but making it work

Comment

Post some pictures of this car in it's prime, Kyle. :P

So many scnpnts in this chassis.
        Originally posted by AMGwheelwhore
        Quitters never stance.

Comment

I love it

Comment

yes yes yes

love it!

curious tho, is that red stuff the 3M fire sealer? what is that for? just a fire proof sealing compound?

love the enkei's btw, are you planning on keeping it mis-match with the VS-KF's?

definitely keeping an eye on this, as my build has similar goals of being an FD/SCCA lego car. Though having a different make engine swap normally puts one in a ridiculously high SCCA class..

and if I may the only nitpick I have, the cage's rear down tubes should be to a plate on the floor. The way they are now if the car were to land on its roof the force is shear where the welds are. Just something to think about. Glad to see 1 3/4 tube though, it is DOM?

@Lamar; thats how I did my seat mounts as well, I'm 6'2 and can just fit in my FC with roll cage

87 RX7 5.0 (driftcar)

Comment

Having a different manufactures engine in the car puts me into an unlimited class for SCCA I believe? The fuel cell is FT-3 and cleared for just about anything worldwide.

Yes, DOM tubing, I forget wall thickness, but certainly enough to pass FD tech. That's an interesting point on the rear bars you have there. Only one way to find out?

3M fire barrier from Home Depot for use around chimneys. I needed something to seal around the tack welds for the fire barrier, figured that would be beneficial over seam sealer. Supposed to withstand fire for 4hours, expands when exposed to heat, and is kinda fiber-ous. I also used it to seal any small holes from brackets and what not that are no longer there. Rear fender aches have also been filled with 3m fireblock expanding foam. Hoping for a smoke free drift cabin.

I have a full set of KFs kicking around for fun, but plan on a square 18x10.5 rpf1 setup for the track. Hoping to pick up at least 4 more rpf1s in the near future.

Comment

You do not mess around even a little bit. Love where this is going. Great great great work!

Comment

Got the other side finished and pushed her out to clean up all the Fiberglas and metal shavings. My garage was starting to resemble a body shop and I'm not about that..

Widebody party

close to fitted, need to make some brackets.

Comment

insane! in for more!
                    E36 Bonnie

Comment

This shit right here...is gunna be good.
                      on instagram straight flexin'

Comment

Damn, puttin in work son. Looks really good!
                        Insta: @pantiesmores

Build: http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...hlight=versace

Comment

Thanks!

Front bumper fits, made some tabs to hold up the front. Still needs fasteners.

10.5x18 et6 with 255/40 front and rear in pictures. I plan on smaller fronts, these tires just happen to be my only mounted 18s. Caster is crazy, no tension rods currently.

Comment

So fun man. Good going.
                            _abbi

Comment

Sheeeet. This is rad.

Comment

Working...
                              X