Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imp - Project Seventy One

Aye up all!

My names Jack and I own a 1971 Hillman Imp Super that I have had for over 2 years now. I only recently joined the 'Stance Works' forum since I have the ambition of bringing the Imp closer to terra firma. This all started when I bought a set of 8x13 Alleycat wheels 2 months ago.

Enjoy

How the car appeared after being trailered back from Bristol. Shout outs to 'Adrian Oliver' for selling me a car with a zebra themed interior

Outside in the cold on axle stands ftw ha ha!

A reasonable amount of bodywork restored, involving a bit of filler and fibreglass in places.

Stripped down on its way to the painters, hauled by father's ever so trusty Volvo 940

In the spray booth being prepped.

Top coat on and finished

Headlamps and indicators refitted. The Imp's surrounded by Rochdale Olypic kit cars

Car returns home after spending a few weeks at the painters.

Rolling stock consists of those original Weller rims refurbished in white

Interior refitted with new registration plates (black & white ones obviously)

Interior shot looking a bit dirty

Fiesta XR3 discs replace the original drums, going for a blue and yellow two tone scheme it seems ha ha.

Bit of a problem when the wires caught fire, tangles of multi-coloured spaghetti lol

Battery on charge giving me the chance to show off that engine bay (at the rear of course)

Trip out a few summers ago, ended up in a field lol

Require a bit more bling in the wheel department so a set of classic 4 spoke Revolution wheels were acquired

Original motor was feeling pretty tired by now, so replaced it with a fresher one

Deemon Tweeks then helped out with Cobra Classic seats and OMP harnesses

The Imp sorted for the time being on them Revo's looking pretty smart

Twin Strombergs for a bit more oooomph! Glass fuel filter also fitted

lowered time - Gaz coilovers from Rob

Time to get on the Alleycat band wagon (8x13) all the way!

Stanceworks process in motion

New bling fitted all round

Now realised not enough stud to actually hold the rims on safely, extended stubs will be needed

Hub now machined with longer studs

Definitely enough poke from them studs now through the wheel

just need some spigot rings making now to allow wheels to sit nice and centred...

Pair of spigot rings made up for both hubs

Todays job fitting new hubs to the car, all sorted now just waiting for the weather to get less british, then put the Alleycats on

Should be a Stanceworks car by summer

Breaking News! I ended up damaging my arches from going too low, but I'm going down a different route now with intentions of creating a 'Stanced' Hillman Imp Coupe

These Alleycats are now for sale! PM me if interested

Cheers!
    Last edited by Retro_JACK_92; 05-04-2014, 12:42 PM.

Originally posted by Retro_JACK_92 View Post
    Aye up all!

My names Jack and I own a 1971 Hillman Imp Super that I have had for over 2 years now. I only recently joined the 'Stance Works' forum since I have the ambition of bringing the Imp closer to terra firma. This all started when I bought a set of 8x13 Alleycat wheels 2 months ago.

Enjoy

Very cool! Looks to be in decent shape. What are your plans for it, besides suspension?

Comment

Good to see you here mate! Now get some pictures up of with slammed with alley cats on or I'll have to load one of mine up

Comment

Oh how I love Imps. Great to see you on our forums. I can't wait to see this progress.

Comment

Wow, ok you have clearly done a lot with it so far. That first pic you posted yesterday was obviously pre-restoration. It looks great man, you dont seem to have much left to do. Glad to see you got the photobucket stuff sorted out so we could see more of it too.

Comment

Looks mint

Comment

I love small dinky cars like this. I have been waiting for one to appear here, looks good

1973 Celica
              Tanner Stinson
              ASU '19

Comment

Good to see you here mate!

Comment

This is really cool!
                  1999 SL2 Saturn Build rip
                  1998 EK hatch Civic Build

Comment

This is awesome!!

Comment