X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBS RE877 Refresh

Here's my BBS resto...

18x9 RE877 et38

Here they are like I got them. They had lots of chips around the lug holes, and some other paint scratches and scuffs. No curb marks, so that was a blessing.

I started with stripper on all of them, but I didn't take any pics of that. I took them down to a shop that I used to work at, and used their media blaster. This paint was nasty, and really didn't want to come off. I had to rotate 1 of them into the blaster while the other 3 sat with more stripper to soften it up. I'd pull one out of the blaster, wipe it down with a fresh coat of stripper, and throw another one in for a blast session. It took me about 8.5 hours to get them blasted, but it was really necessary to get all the chips out of that face.

Next came the primer.

Here's the paint, a single-stage metallic urethane.

I was worried that the green was going to show through, but I ended up getting 3 good coats on the face after doing the barrels and the backs.

The sun really makes that metallic pop. These are going on my A4 Avant, in Denim Blue. I've got the black and gold BBS caps, but no pics of those on the wheels. I should be ordering tires tonight or tomorrow.

Working...
X