Getting in the stance game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting in the stance game...

What's up guys, I've been kind of rolling around this forum for a while and I think I'm ready to get my car pretty low. I've only see one build with an F-body lol but I'm gonna go at it anyway. I've got Sport Lines on right now with spacers in the springs because my tires are too wide lol but when I get new tires those spacers are coming out. But new wheels are in my future, any suggestions? I definitely want to stay away from bags, but do you guys have any pointers for a new guy?

No I don't have a mullet! lol

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by TransAmPlaya7; 01-14-2014, 09:24 PM.
    Youtube- Transamplaya7
    Instag/Twitter- @AngelloCollins

nice start! i wouldnt mind seeing some sawblades on this. definitely interested to see what you do with it

IG: Nick475

Comment

I forgot the current mod list.
      The standard CAI and Flowmasters lol
      Sport Lines w/KYB Adjustable shocks and struts
      UMI lower control arms
      UMI Adjustable Panhard
      LT4 ported and polished intake manifold
      Ported and polished throttle body
      MSD wires and NGK platinum plugs
      17/18 staggered vette wheels on Nitto NT555's
      B&M shift kit (auto)

Future Mods:
      Sway Bars
      Upper Control Arms
      Camber Plates
      Brembos w/slotted rotors
      Sleeper Cam
      Magnaflow exhaust w/mid length headers
      Head work
      custom splitters from 6LE design
      Little bit of sound in the back (ie a speaker or something)
      Considering coilovers but I want to see how low this car gets with the spring spacers out.
      Last edited by TransAmPlaya7; 02-05-2014, 11:12 PM.
      Youtube- Transamplaya7

Comment

Originally posted by Nick475 View Post
        nice start! i wouldnt mind seeing some sawblades on this. definitely interested to see what you do with it
        Thanks bro, I saw a guy that was doing a build on a Camaro he's trailblazing for sure. We'll see what happens
        Youtube- Transamplaya7

Comment

Got the rear wheel spacers off the hubs the other day. Had to do some custom fab with a Dremel Circular Saw and a big hammer to get the wheels to fit. Tackling my optispark problem and the springs today, I'll post up some pics when we get it setting right!
          Youtube- Transamplaya7

Comment

This is going to get interesting
            Last edited by Chasen88; 02-13-2014, 12:21 PM.

Comment

definitely something different . any plans for coilovers ??maybe a fatter tire set up with some all black ccw lm20s
              STATIC LIFE

accord build
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/ne...ostthread&f=23

rip is300build
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=56221

Comment

I love the LM20's! Coilovers are an option gotta get this motor together right now, the total drop with my sport lines is around 2/2.5, my gut feeling is that coilovers should get me lower but i've only been able to locate 2'' drop coilovers for my car. What tire sizes would you guys suggest?
                Youtube- Transamplaya7

Comment

Nice to see another F-Body on here, car looks damn good so far man. Don't bother with coilovers, as the only ones I have ever seen for an F-Body are designed for drag racing, and will not get you the lows you want. If you really want to be slammed static, get some Koni yellows, set them on the lower spring perch, and get some BMR 1" Lowering A-Arms. Thats the set-up I have on my 02 Camaro SS (with BMR springs), and it is amazing. Looks good (appx 2.75-3" drop from stock), and rides like an absolute dream. Also, if you are really serious about maintaining (and improving) the handling and launching capabilities, get some Lower Control Arm relocation brackets for the rear. This will help correct your rear suspension geometry after the drop. An Adjustable Panhard rod is also a really good idea, I have all Founder's Performance stuff for the rear of my SS, and cant say enough good things about them.

As far as wheels go, Miro 111's look amazing on 'birds, and are cheap, cheap, cheap if you can find them. And of course, CCW classics have never met an F-Body they don't like.

Good luck

Comment

I agree with vette wheels.
                    Busted Knuckles Brigade (Coming soon)
                    #KDMstance

Comment

Originally posted by brandonxdent View Post
                      I agree with vette wheels.
                      I'm not a huge fan of the Sawblades on my car I had them on, lasted about 2 days lol

Originally posted by Zark View Post
                      Nice to see another F-Body on here, car looks damn good so far man. Don't bother with coilovers, as the only ones I have ever seen for an F-Body are designed for drag racing, and will not get you the lows you want. If you really want to be slammed static, get some Koni yellows, set them on the lower spring perch, and get some BMR 1" Lowering A-Arms. Thats the set-up I have on my 02 Camaro SS (with BMR springs), and it is amazing. Looks good (appx 2.75-3" drop from stock), and rides like an absolute dream. Also, if you are really serious about maintaining (and improving) the handling and launching capabilities, get some Lower Control Arm relocation brackets for the rear. This will help correct your rear suspension geometry after the drop. An Adjustable Panhard rod is also a really good idea, I have all Founder's Performance stuff for the rear of my SS, and cant say enough good things about them.

As far as wheels go, Miro 111's look amazing on 'birds, and are cheap, cheap, cheap if you can find them. And of course, CCW classics have never met an F-Body they don't like.

Good luck
                      I like those Miro's too. There's too many options right now! I'm going to look into that suspension, I'd love to get that kind of drop. Are you guys a fan of the black or the chrome wheels? I had these wheels dipped a while back but ended up pulling it off because it kind of looked ratty
                      Youtube- Transamplaya7

Comment

Tried to save some bucks and purchased a cheaper opti and that was dumb lol Just going to nut up and get an MSD opti and call it a day.
                        Youtube- Transamplaya7

Comment

Me too I'm Working on my 95 Z28. hopefully everything goes as planned!

still looking for something to lower my front end 3''...
                          Stance is Importanter

Comment

Originally posted by bigjoe View Post
                            still looking for something to lower my front end 3''...
                            BMR 1" lowering A-Arms and Konis set on the lower perch will get you that kind of drop, and will handle amazing as well.

Comment

Definitely going for the BMR's never seen that lol
                              Youtube- Transamplaya7

Comment

Working...
                              X