Trey's Isuzu Rodeo (Stance wannabe)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trey's Isuzu Rodeo (Stance wannabe)

Well I've been lurking for a while now, and finally decided to post my own build. So I'd like to introduce my 2001 Isuzu Rodeo LS V6 4x2. I know, I know - "Not low enough!"

Mod list:
    De-badged
    chrome grille insert
    clear turn signals
    cut rear trooper coils (only about 4 coils left)
    flipped and switched UCAs
    lower ball joints flipped to top of LCAs
    un-cranked torsion bars
    Thrush Welded dumped over axle
    "bullet holled" airbox (only on fender side & front)
    drop-in K&N filter
    15x7 D-windows
    Beauty rings
    225/75/15 fronts
    235/75/15 rears

Future mods:
    limo tint
    sound system
    hood risers (I know they don't actually do anything)
    full face brush guard (& remove the chrome grille insert)
    Yakima roof rails to replace my stock ones
    home build harley bars
    Rhino lined floor boards
    I kinda wanna go for an apocalypse look.

Pics, enjoy:

Fcking Dope man!! In for results, always good to see something different.

Comment

I always like it when something different like this shows up on this forum

Comment

Thanks, but this is gonna be a slow build. But the next things will be the brush guard, harley bars, and hood risers! Hood risers are actually next, cause I already know I'm getting them for Christmas!

The plan for the harley bars is actually really simple. I'm gonna buy some OEM 1st gen step rails that don't have indents where the steps are and shorten the mounts to fit up under the body. It's will have a tough look and give the illusion of being lower.

Comment

I like how its hella random but yet so different, cant wait to see the outcome on this build

1990 Honda Civic Wagon - SOLD
          1997 BMW 318i Vert
          1992 Mercedes Benz 300e - SOLD
          1970 Mercedes Benz 250
          1976 Volvo 242DL

Comment

This is interesting... I'd probably plastidip the front grille, but aside from that I'm a pretty big fan so far!

Comment

So, I chopped up some F100 coils I had lying around to stiffen up the rear and stop the rubbing. And made use of my lifetime alignment. I also re-installed some D-shackles, from it's lifted days. Sorry for the shitty cell pics.

& I'm glad y'all like the outcome so far.

new old coils:

squattin' like a boss

Comment

Thinking about picking up some base model bumpers and door trim to go along with the tough apocalyptic theme. They are identical except they are grey and unfinished. Opinions?

Comment

Definitely go with the unpainted grey bumpers, they would look totally cool!

Comment

My friend used to have one of these, and where those 4 squares are, there's a line around them on the bumper, and that section is either recessed or bumped out a bit, I can't remember, but he painted that section of the bumper with bedliner, I don't know if that makes any sense the way I explained it, but yeah, he did that on his painted bumper and it made the front end look so much better.

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by Oanerma View Post
                      Definitely go with the unpainted grey bumpers, they would look totally cool!
                      I'm gonna give 'em a shot. I can pic them up cheap at any of the scrap yards near me.

Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
                      My friend used to have one of these, and where those 4 squares are, there's a line around them on the bumper, and that section is either recessed or bumped out a bit, I can't remember, but he painted that section of the bumper with bedliner, I don't know if that makes any sense the way I explained it, but yeah, he did that on his painted bumper and it made the front end look so much better.

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2
                      I have seen pics of these done like that and it does look good. But I kinda want to get the base model bumpers and moldings, only 'cause I think it would fit with the theme of this build.

Comment

i vote for those base bumpers.
                        would look good on that white

1990 Honda Civic Wagon - SOLD
                        1997 BMW 318i Vert
                        1992 Mercedes Benz 300e - SOLD
                        1970 Mercedes Benz 250
                        1976 Volvo 242DL

Comment

you might want some parts from the Opel version of it..

Comment

Originally posted by andr3er View Post
                            you might want some parts from the Opel version of it..

If I could afford it I would get the bumpers, fender flares, and grille guard shipped here. But That would cost a small fortune. I also want a Holden Frontera grille, which is far more likely to happen.

Comment

Hood risers, just for shits & giggles!

Also, been wanting some 15x10s. Not sure how my tires will look on that size, or even if my tall sidewalls will bead on that width?

Comment

Working...
                              X