Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jean claude the only Simca

hello stansworks.

i have bean lurking around here for about 1,5 year or so (i am hard to spot)
    im from the cold north and im very exited about making my first thread, and bear with me its going to be a slow one.

so i bought this 1982 Simca/Talbot VF2 pickup truck for some coins. its very little rust on it and it have low miles so its all golden and the best thing about it... *drum roll* its the only one in Norway

the first owner of the car bought it and used it for 3 years before he unregistered it and put it away in an garage. and there it sat for 20 years before a friend of mine bought, he registered it and used it a little for about 2 years before he putted it away in an barn. after 5 year he realized that he will never do anything with it so i got an offer to bye it and i jumped right at it. im going to keep an classic look wit original steeles, hubcaps and white walls

so here he is in all his pride

the only severus rust on it is on the left wing, but i got an new one on the deal

the setup for the tarp on the bed is home made from the first owner and its super sweet, but im not to stoked about the riveted metal plate on the flippy flappy thingy that i dont know the name of on the back of the bed... im removing that

very sad interior, no radio

original 97937 KM on it have not rolled around

its the right height on the right side

official is it low enough test according to youtube if any of you know what im aiming for

the brake bands fell off on the right side rear brake... guess i have to order new brakes all around from france...

thats all for now

Uppdate!!

so i finely got the brake parts i needed so i could drive the car to my job so i can work on it there. but half way on the trip i soon found out that i need an new master cylinder for my brake system, luckily i got to the shop safely without any accidents

im sorry for the bad phone pics did not take my camera with me

i gave it an quick clean outside and innside

the seats where real grimy but they turned out nice, will be cleaning them better later

i took the floor carpet/rubber mat out to clean it and found out that almost all of the sound deadening where loose but there are no rust under it

the driver side is rust free to, i will replace the sound deadening with some fat mat i have

i found one rust hole on the car that's not on the front fender, and its right behind the gear stick. but that will be an easy fix

i took the back wood wall off and it have bean rust protected underneath so im very happy

so i fixed the exhaust system that have been annoying the neighbors at home

i could fit most of my hand in there and now that its fixed it sounds like an tractor

that's all for now

Comment

This thing is awesome! Cant wait to see where the project goes.
      Busted Knuckles Brigade (Coming soon)
      #KDMstance

Comment

update again

i was going to raise the car again so it could pass the EU-control, but the car would not get higher when i adjusted the suspension so i had to take an closer look and then discovered that the right torsion bar had snapped i was lucky to source another one 2 hours from where i live, so i jumped in the car an rushed to Fredrikstad where i met an nice gentleman who had an old rusted out hatchback sitting behind his barn

the spring had snapped off right on the adjuster bar

grind'ed down the torsion bar to weld an hook to it so i could pull it out with the wanker. it was an bitch

found out that the new spring would not fit, because they have changed the design over the years so i had to do some fab work to get the new spring to fit... its grinder time, cut'd the old centering ring of the adjuster side (was to small)

centering ring that did not fit on the left, and the right one at the right

this is how the ring will fit only welding and fitting it on the car left

welded up nice and snug

fitted to the car again and raised to the "proper" height

that fittment

Comment

want to know and see about this project. good luck =)
          back to basic's - 1972 RWD

Opel 1604S

Comment

Originally posted by brandonxdent View Post
            This thing is awesome! Cant wait to see where the project goes.
            Originally posted by voorhees View Post
            want to know and see about this project. good luck =)
            Thanks!!! i hope it wont be long before its on the road

Comment

so its been a very long time since the last update, the truck is still not on the road since i decided that i would do an full respray of the car. so here is some of the things i have done over the time, im not very good at remembering to take pictures

removed the riveted plate from the tailgate and welded allot of holes

welded and grinded

welded and grinded the hole in the floor of the car

pulled and hammered out all of the dents in the hood and bondoed it

all of the green ish stuff is bondo... not much

then i removed the surface rust under the hood an laid some kent pro seal as sound deadening

then the hood and the new fenders went to the sprey booth to get an layer of epoxy primer an filler

epoxy primer

epoxy on the fender to

cleaned up the headlights buckets and painted them at home

also cutted the tarp holders, every thing is getting lowered

before

after

there isn't to long now until i got paint on the car and then all the fun starts

i also bought a sett of rims for the car, it is a sett of BWA's i have newer herd about BWA before... any one herd of it? i sanded them and sprayed them gold (rattle can job so not to great) and they are also red in the bolt hole area's now... i thing they look good, haven tested them on the car tho so i don't know how it will look

Comment

its update time again

i was hoping to be finished with the car by now but its taking more time than i was planing on (it always does)

so i got some small updates here. its finely painted had some problems with the paint coming of, when we pulled the tape of the car after the paint had dried. but that's all solved now the paint job is not a 100% show finish but im very happy with it, i got the job done for free by an apprentice at work by doing some body work on his car and now im at the re building stage

i have done some small things to it like putting on the lights and sound deadening

i bought a couple of rolls with Fatmat for this and some other projects

i screwed on the tails

and the head lights and blinkers

i also filled every cavities and voids with rust protective techtyl, these cars are notorious for rust

then i sprayed body shutz on the rocker panels

i had a colleague help me with installing the rear windows, it was an real pain

i cleaned an polished the protection plate that sits in the bottom of the door frame

i just love Autosol

i also cleaned the dashboard after a year of collecting dust and grime while being worked on

really grimy

but it turned out okey, i will clean it better when im done assembling the car

that's all for now

Comment

Working...
                X