X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware: I purchased from JMSCUSTOMWHEELS

Pretty right? Wrong...

DSC_0407 by SAMSHIZZLE, on Flickr

I have been trying to hold off from writing a post like this, but I guess it was inevitable.

I purchased some wheels recently from JMSCUTOMWHEELS aka forum User: JOHNSG35. INSTAGRAM ID: JMOSG They are Custom VS-XX stepped. 18x9.5/10.5 4"/4.5" lip.

There are some major issues with the wheels. Mainly that in their current state, they're little more than furniture and completely un usable. The builder has left me no choice, and after I gave him multiple outs, has yet to make any of this better. Even worse, won't return my money back with little to no communication incoming because "the money is gone." We did not deal on paypal, so I cant dispute the purchase. I did my best to make it right with him. Like a gentleman. Many texts and multiple calls.

I paid just shy of $3000 for these wheels. For them to be functional, let alone beautiful is going to take more than I'm willing to spend when they were supposed to be complete to begin with.

DSC_0452 by SAMSHIZZLE, on Flickr

DSC_0438 by SAMSHIZZLE, on Flickr

Problem 1: I opted for a brush face. It isn't the best job to begin with. They were not treated with care during assembly. Scratches on or near every hole. Some of them are beyond what I would send to anyone with any shred of common decency of professionalism.

Problem 2: The face was not sprayed clear, or pc'd clear like he said he would. After ward he claimed it would make the face cloudy. Which make zero sense. So wheres my money back for something you didn't do?

Problem 2b: In between the mesh he claims he polished. A poor job was done there as well.

DSC_0439 by SAMSHIZZLE, on Flickr

Problem 3: The pc'd "gold" hardware is beyond a joke. I'm sure it was instead spray painted. As soon as I recieved the wheels after the initial inspection I immediately noticed that many of the bolts paint was chipping. Many of them are also loose.

Problem 4: The center caps are old as dirt. Extremely faded. The VS doesnt even shine gold in the direct sunlight. The decal is also separating from the back plastic which clips.

Problem 5: I didn't recieve any valve stems. Which is a minor thing but in the grand scheme of things and the issues piling up, is magnified.

DSC_0443 by SAMSHIZZLE, on Flickr

Problem 6: THERE IS NO HOLE IN THE BARREL TO RECEIVE THE VALVE STEM. How this is overlooked is mind blowing.

As an out, here's what I offered him as an out. Ultimately I believed he just dropped the ball. I ask him to send me polished hardware, new caps, and valve stems. Would return the caps and hardware he sent me. I would deal with the face issues and the hole not being drilled which I think is beyond fair in this instance. I would forget about the entire issue. Weeks have since passed by and I haven't received any of the items. As a last resort, I asked for my money back. That isn't going to happen apparently.

So, I going to have to bite the bullet and get this finished up myself after dealing with tremendous incompetence and piss poor customer service.

Anyone have experience drilling holes in barrels?

If you have purchased from him, please leave feedback below.

If you plan of purchasing from him in the future, beware.

If that first picture you posted was the sellers listing photo, i would have been skeptical purchasing anyway. i wouldnt want the photo to be dark and gloomy and arguably photoshopped. i would want the pictures to just be clear as day so i can make my own assesment. nice wheels sell themselves.

but good luck with getting everything sorted out. cheers.
    Originally posted by Jlyons617
    Worst male for male craigslist ad ever.

Comment

Thanks.

I did the photo in my bedroom. As an effort to make them look cooler. Also I just like light photography.

The wheels were built from my order. Prior to me placing a deposit. They didn't exist.

Comment

oh well in that case sweet job on the photo! This truly sucks man, ive been reading so many threads lately on people getting scammed on wheels. I really hope something can happen to rectify this. Good luck.
        Originally posted by Jlyons617
        Worst male for male craigslist ad ever.

Comment

Wow that sucks, sorry to hear that. Hopefully it gets straightened out. He sells a lot of wheels on here.

Comment

do you have photos or a link to the original FS thread for the wheels? Based on what i could find browsing his posts here, i dont think he does the most impressive work.

Note the close up fastener picture with a nice glob of something underneath the 'powder coat'

What's missing in this photo..... a valve stem! or at least the proper work valve stem......

with only your side of the story and your photos, it would seem this guy is a hack. This serves as a cautionary tale for anyone buying parts online. What i get from this is get your order in writing so both parties know what they are in for, ask for detailed photos for the benefit/protection of both parties, and use paypals in case mediation in required

Either way i hope the seller makes this right.

hopefully the seller chimes in and maybe save face?
            Last edited by crxmarc; 10-15-2013, 07:09 PM.

Build thread ------> http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1186733#post1186733

Comment

same goes for cz wheels do not do business with them

Comment

Damn... I remember when you could pick up a whole set of vs-xx's used for around $1500 in decent widths and offsets.

Thanks for the heads up, and I would love to hear what he has to say for this.

You could take him to small claims court, and sue for the price to fix the wheels, and also airfare to straighten the whole thing out.

If you have phone records to prove that you have been actively contacting him, appraisals for getting the wheels to your specs, messages between the two of you, and a receipt of some sort, you could get your money's worth.

Run his plates if he refuses to contact you. You can find out who he is and his location.

p.s. you don't need a lawyer, just good clothes, proof, and a respect for the judge. Good luck mane.

p.s.s. I **** people like him, they drive up the price of decent used wheels beyond what they should be. Nail him

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

Originally posted by its_nuche View Post
                  same goes for cz wheels do not do business with them
                  I don't think this is true, I have a friend who is doing business with them and has no complaints except for long lead times on parts (to be expected with his dimensions).
                  HAI GUISE

Comment

Dealt with this guy as well buying lips and rivets. Sent him payment September 2nd. He kept holding back saying the rivets were still being finished or he was working or some bs. Long story short, I finally receive the lips but no rivets. I call him, never picks up. Text him, takes days to answer. Called in 6 times in a row. He finally responds "Bro I'm still at work Ur really getting rude. I'm just gonna refund you your money tomorrow." I replied saying I don't care about his BS story and that I want the refund now and that I'll be waiting.

Then he turned off his phone and hasn't replied...

Long story short, don't deal with this fake. If you don't believe me. I have all the text convos saved up via PDF. I'm having the credit card company reviewing it all and they're going to take legal action since I paid through paypal through a credit card so I've got my refund through my AMEX. He's going to have to deal with this all.

Comment

I got the same problem!!! Heres my thread

United States Of Stance
                      www.unitedstatesofstanceshop.bigcartel.com
                      Ig: @Stuart.treybich
                      @Unitedstatesofstance_

Comment

Man you got your wheels at least! I got scammed of 2700 for custom ordered equips from this guy and he has blocked all communication from me! Please PM me if you can help!!
                        ~adamls2~

~~Boost 'n Boobs~~

Comment

Wow. Fuck this guy.

Comment

He is in or near La Quinta, CA.
                            His number is posted online, along with the name and email address.
                            He took $2700 from you and did not deliver the goods.
                            Call your bank, get the police involved, this is a crime.

OZ, MSW, ABT, Carlsson, etc 10 point bolt tools info

Comment

Originally posted by adamls2 View Post
                              I got scammed of 2700 for custom ordered equips from this guy and he has blocked all communication from me! Please PM me if you can help!!
                              Originally posted by zoo View Post
                              He is in or near La Quinta, CA.
                              His number is posted online, along with the name and email address.
                              He took $2700 from you and did not deliver the goods.
                              Call your bank, get the police involved, this is a crime.
                              /\/\/\
                              This

I assume you have some proof of payment, name, and contact info. Maybe Samshizzle or someone who has received parts from him can provide his mailing address.

Explain the situation to the local police, and ask what your next steps should be.

Comment

Working...
                              X