Rararoy's is300 Widebody Rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rararoy's is300 Widebody Rebuild

Well Hello, My name is Roy and here is my build.
    I originally built the car for wekfest last October, did the bodywork and respray but now the time had come for me to finally switch it up a bit. I had Recently Purchased a K-SPORT Pro Air kit, and wasn't satisfied with the way my car was sitting. Notice the rear bumper and sides still sat quite high.

I always wanted to have a wow color/factor that would really set the car apart so off to mixing i went. After a couple of unsuccessful attempts something glorious came....

It was a tri stage setup I sprayed, that gave me a olive green in the shade but when the sun hit, it pops with gold flake. This was it. The next step was tearing apart all the old work and going with a wider fender to create clearance.

After a good amount of hours removing, then reshaping we were finally getting somewhere.

The Fronts were another beast to tackle, some feedback i received was how off the front fenders were to the rear, The curves from the factory are like this, the front sits much higher in terms of arches. So i decided to make it a bit more even by adding more metal to them

After i reached my Desired shape I Strengthen it more with fiberglass, and knew along with the fenders, the bumpers were going to need work all over again too.

Now A week has passed and my 20-22 Hour days are really getting to me. I had only one week left to be ready and finished for Slammed Society in Dallas tx. Left was the finishing where we see the most improvement.

With everything looking good i decide to shave some things, Roof Antenna, Bumper Side markers, Door Side Moldings. Again wanting to just go out there and really have a different look. Now Time for Paint...

Skeet Skeet!!

After everything is Cured, time to put the pieces back together...

I wish i would have taken more photos, I'm more of an instagram guy and just do them on the spot instead of bringing my camera out now but hope you get a feel for it. Check out "Rararoy" on Instagram for more build photos and videos on the Projector Retrofit. Here are some high res of the final product!!!

Ill post up some more here soon. Any questions shoot away
    Last edited by rararoy; 10-07-2013, 01:53 PM.

holy crap. and that color... I've always dreamed of a green like that. its perfect

Comment

Looks awesome
      Real name is James

Comment

Comment

Nicely done wide body, it turned out awesome.
          [COLOR=#ff0000]Lifetime Project[/COLOR]--- 1999 Mercedes C230 Kompressor, but converted to Turbo. Attempting to finish it up.
          [COLOR=#ff0000]The Daily[/COLOR]---2011 C350 4matic[COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR][COLOR=#ff0000][/COLOR]​

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!! Haha that mother of god photo is Hilarious.

Comment

GOOD Googli moogli!!!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Looked very aggressive at FD Texas! Nice build!
                025garage

Comment

Comment

Have any pics of the headlight build? Never seen anyone retrofit those Q45 gatling projectors.
                    Last edited by brownishwater; 10-07-2013, 12:24 PM.

Comment

OHGAWD is right. Really dig the color.
                      1981 300TD 4 speed
                      2000 BMW M5

Mike Finnelly
                      , on Flickr
                      IG @michaelfinnelly

Comment

sweet jesus.
                        Originally posted by s t a y g o l d
                        and don't trash talk people, that's for hos at the club.
                        S4 Avant - Build Thread

Comment

Turned out awesome.

I like em dropped.

Comment

dat colour doe....
                            dem flakes doe....

I can't wait to see it in Houston in WekFest man!
                            sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

dude....dude
                              @DollaDollaDill

Comment

Working...
                              X