BMW E87 Build - Lots of Pictures.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW E87 Build - Lots of Pictures.

I was 9 when my dad first owned a BMW E36 M3. He'd pick me up from school and drive me home as I sat in the passenger seat, watching every up shift and down shift he'd make, smooth and crisp, the power of the S50B32 was a feeling of raw acceleration with the sound being the icing of the cake. I enjoyed that car alot, even though I was just a kid (what would a kid know right).

Anyways he sold it when i was 16, to support the family and other commitments, I look up to him for that decision even though he misses it everyday cause now all he drives is a tarago.

The Build:

When I got my liscence to drive, the first car i wanted was an E36, but my dad said don't get into old BMWs if you don't have lots of money to spend, so after careful consideration, and thoughts, I'd thought a E87 would be a unique platform to start. But i didn't want something too powerful or too expensive, so 118i was perfect, initially i couldn't find many good manual 118i's so i went with a steptronic 118i (which is quite sad).

I got the car when it was still close to new, 5,000kms on the clock. It was a beautiful car to take home and drive for the first time. But I only started to mod it around 40,000kms.

Initial Plans

The car is a second batch release, which when M-Sport was not released yet. So when i saw the M-Sport kit, I knew it was in the cards along with some M-Sport wheels.

Sport Antennae

135i Exhaust, It might sound silly and crazy, but the Exhaust note i've obtained with this setup and 2.5" custom piping with resonator delete, has been praised!

Finished off my M-Sport Kit

M-Sport Steering with Paddle Shifters, I've hooked them up and they're working perfect.

After the Initial Plans were done, I began to look at many cars on Stanceworks and other forums alike and the car scene, it inspired me to get agressive fitment and stance for my next plans.

BC BR Coilovers with Extreme Drop kit Installed at home by myself and a friend. I went with the BC BR Coilovers as a few guys in the community here in Australia were running them, so i decided to go for it and I have to say, they are great on track and comfort settings!

LCI LED Blacklines Installed by myself, this gave the car a very new look and it is certainly reconmended for all E87s!

AC Schnitzer Type 1 RS by O.Z. Racing. I'm a very big fan of rare wheels and uniqueness, I first initially wanted BBS LMs Replicas, but after careful consideration of fake wheels, and replicas, I started looking at german wheels, and saw a set of ACS which caught my eye, i couldn't find pics of how'd it turn out but i took the risk of running them!

Size is 17 x 7.5 and 17 x 8
    Offset 33
    Stud pattern is 5x120

I'm planning to rebuild them with more aggressive specs soon as well.

Fitted with 10MM spacers in the rears for the extra flush.

That concludes the build up to now and this is how the car sits as of today, Thankyou everyone for reading, and thankyou everyone else who has helped me on the way on other forums and places, thanks!

Thanks to Trial Error Crew: https://www.facebook.com/trialerrorcrew
    Thanks to EST. Community: http://eurostyle-tuning.com/forum/forum.php
    And thanks to Stance | Works for the inspiration!
    Last edited by E-8ATESE7EN; 09-25-2013, 03:37 AM.
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/nguyenjemz/

When I read 17x7.5 I thought : "Those wheels are too small for this car."

But, even tho they're small, they don't look funky, so I guess that's a good thing.
    They suit the car nicely, and that kinda surprised me.

Great looking car you have there mate.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOwl View Post
      When I read 17x7.5 I thought : "Those wheels are too small for this car."

But, even tho they're small, they don't look funky, so I guess that's a good thing.
      They suit the car nicely, and that kinda surprised me.

Great looking car you have there mate.
      Thanks for your comments mark, i appreciate it! I initially did think 17" was small but i believe 17-18" is a sweet spot for these cars and also functionality wise. But like you said it is small, i took a risky gamble and it paid off haha :P.

I've had only 1 person so far tell me that i ruined my car with these wheels but i think they're nice to the OEM+.

Comment

I would have to agree that 18's look better than 17's ... and if that was my car I'd never go with 17's.

BUT, and that's a huge BUT, They look good. Surprisingly good.

I own an E36 ... and I want some 3 piece ACS like yours.
        Guess life isn't fair

Anyways, in for more of this!

A friend of mine owns one of these and he says it's like the same as driving a go kart.
        Guess that's a good compliment.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkOwl View Post
          I would have to agree that 18's look better than 17's ... and if that was my car I'd never go with 17's.

BUT, and that's a huge BUT, They look good. Surprisingly good.

I own an E36 ... and I want some 3 piece ACS like yours.
          Guess life isn't fair

Anyways, in for more of this!

A friend of mine owns one of these and he says it's like the same as driving a go kart.
          Guess that's a good compliment.
          I completely understand where you are coming from, I agree new cars need 18s to fill out the wheel arches.

Another reason is ACS Style 1s only come in 17s sadly , they were designed for E36s aswell and new ACS style wheels aren't very attractive if you know what i mean :P

But i'd like to add, that I use to run normal BMW M sport 17s, they weigh more then this about 5-10kgs+ per wheel. thats 40kgs+ of weight saving with these ACS wheels, and I've had some time on track and road (safely) to try the cornering abilities of the car with coilovers, ACS are definately quicker and more agile and feel more stable with quicker steering response. Like your friend said, i completely agree, BMW made the 1 series somewhat an indirect successor to the E30 & E36 generations.

But still i'd wish i had an E36 328i/M3 with these wheels haha, i love E36s!

Comment

I dig that little M 'drip' on the kidneys

So weird to see the 1 as a hatch

"Never argue with an idiot; they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience"

Comment

Wheels look good but do I spot fake calipers??? Got to love them!!!

Comment

Man that thing looks beefy! i love it !
                wheels suit it perfectly.
                BULLSHIT BUILD-THREAD

Comment

I love those cars so much

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by TheTynosaur View Post
                    I love those cars so much

Sent from my HTC 3D using Tapatalk 2
                    Thanks mate glad you love them!

Originally posted by MattHatCat View Post
                    Man that thing looks beefy! i love it !
                    wheels suit it perfectly.
                    Thanks! I didn't think it'd work at first, but seeing your comment is reassuring

Originally posted by Ian e View Post
                    Wheels look good but do I spot fake calipers??? Got to love them!!!
                    Yep they're fake brembo brake covers, i took them off now haha, I'm planning to get 135i Brembo brake kit, as they are better looking and more better braking performance aswell. Thanks!

Originally posted by TeckniX View Post
                    I dig that little M 'drip' on the kidneys

So weird to see the 1 as a hatch
                    Thanks man, many BMWs are running the M 'drip' on the kidneys now, but yeah not many people like the 1er hatch, but i like them

Comment

I think the 17"s flow with the lines of the car really well. With a more aggressive stance, the 17"s work a lot better as well imo. Car looks great, how are you finding the 1.8?
                      Originally posted by Stupid Kid
                      You're the worst everything everywhere

Comment

Dude, she is awesome !! Keep this way
                        sigpic

|| - Lowered 320i E36 Sedan - ARKTISGRAU-Metallic - ||

Instagram :: district_ride

Comment

Originally posted by floatingdino View Post
                          I think the 17"s flow with the lines of the car really well. With a more aggressive stance, the 17"s work a lot better as well imo. Car looks great, how are you finding the 1.8?
                          Yep, i hope to get the outter lips replaced with 2.5inch lips for a little bit pore poke and camber. And thanks!

It's actually a 2.0, for this generation the 118i and 120i share the same engine the N46B20 its more of a marketing thing, as the 118i makes 10hp less than the 120i, through exhaust and probably an ECU.

The engine is very responsive and great for running around and It doesn't make me want more or less, as its good for its size enough for a daily aswell as fuel prices rises. As this engine has Lift and VANOS i love it :P

Originally posted by jeger View Post
                          Dude, she is awesome !! Keep this way
                          Thanks dude! i want just a bit more agressive dish and it will be just the way i like it

Comment

Photoshoot for upcoming 1 series Short film by Trial Error, Stay tuned!

Comment

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQT_kH8NTV4"]Trial Error's BMW Cinematic Teaser - YouTube[/ame]

Here's a teaser of upcoming short film! Enjoy guys!

Comment

Working...
                              X