Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just another E30 build.... (a.k.a. The Bronzit B*tch)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another E30 build.... (a.k.a. The Bronzit B*tch)

Stanceworks Opener 2

So it all started when i was a young kid, my dad purchased a 1988 M3 in the early '90s. I always loved the car but then in 2008 my cousin accidentally burned our shop down with the M3 in it, and that was the end of the M3. Ever since then i loved E30's! But since then i purchased my car, a 2008 R32!

IMG_4844

I love the R32 but ive always loved BMW's so i went out and bought a 1987 325 from a good friend of mine! It has 118K on the clock, 4 door, in bronzit beige, and i got the car for $700. Since i bought the car ive been doing the usual maintenance stuff: timing belt, AC belt, PS belt, alternator belt, water pump, valve cover gasket, fuel pump, and every window switch in the car cause somehow they were all bad. so as of right now it sits like this, got it back running like a top yesterday!

IMG_3173

last week i also bought an origional M-Tech II steering wheel, its been reupholstered but not very well so ill be getting it covered in alcantara in the future

IMG_4927

I go to pick up a pair of e30 m3 seats this weekend, and suspension will be ordered within the next two weeks!
    Last edited by K-Line; 01-19-2016, 11:49 AM.
    Instagram: @GregKline55

1999 M Coupe
    1987 325e
    1987 325IS

UPDATE!

So ive been at school for less than a week and i come home to an '89 IX my dad bought which needs a new head and my grandfather bought a '79 10th anniversary trans am lol

IMG_4953

Other than that though i picked up a pair of M3 seats from the same guy i bought the steering wheel from. There in pretty good shape, but need to be dyed and rejuvenated

IMG_4938

I dont know what the heck the previous owner was doing in this thing, but this is what the carpets looked like under the seats, driver and passenger! Like what the heck....

IMG_4945

This is the final product, done with the interior for know next will be sorting out the suspension. kind of doing things in reverse order but its getting done lol

IMG_4947
    Last edited by K-Line; 12-10-2013, 11:07 PM.

1999 M Coupe
    1987 325e
    1987 325IS

Comment

Also started on the bumper tuck, got the front done tonight and the rear will be done in the morning. ill post post some pics tomorrow!

1999 M Coupe
      1987 325e
      1987 325IS

Comment

Heres the picks of the bumper tuck, super easy for the fronts but the rears where a pain (lots-o-rust) and still have to be finished.

Before:
        IMG_3133

After:
        IMG_4957

Also had a problem with the idle, it was super sporadic. I found two rips in the intake boot, which was causing a loss of vacuum and screwing with the idle control valve. Threw some electrical tape on temporarily until i get my new one in from Bavauto

IMG_4960
        Last edited by K-Line; 12-10-2013, 11:08 PM.

1999 M Coupe
        1987 325e
        1987 325IS

Comment

BIG DAY TODAY! Just ordered some awesomeness, will hopefully be put together within two weeks

E30 receipt

oh and as you can see so will my new intake bellow!

1999 M Coupe
          1987 325e
          1987 325IS

Comment

Good progress man! Makes me want to tuck my diving board in.
            Can't wait to see it on coils!

Comment

Looks like a good start!
              E30 Buildthread
              http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=34177
              IG: Logyt

e28 sig by logyt, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by logyt View Post
                Looks like a good start!
                Originally posted by Farintosh View Post
                Good progress man! Makes me want to tuck my diving board in.
                Can't wait to see it on coils!
                Thanks guys!

Now that i got the suspension all figured out, i gotta figure out wheels. Originally i was gonna go with diamonds with a 16x8 +12 setup in all four corners, but ive seen that i would have to shave my calipers :/ I really dont wanna do that so ive been looking into other wheel options. kinda want to go with the OEM+ look and run some style bmw/porsche/audi/merc wheel, i would get a set of RS' or some other three piece but i dont have the money right now. trying to keep it around $500 for a used set, ive always like the old 1 piece phone dials off of 944's and wanted to see if i could make them fit! so if anyone has any opinions let me know!

Also suspension should be done in two weeks!

1999 M Coupe
                1987 325e
                1987 325IS

Comment

Originally posted by K-Line View Post
                  Thanks guys!

Now that i got the suspension all figured out, i gotta figure out wheels. Originally i was gonna go with diamonds with a 16x8 +12 setup in all four corners, but ive seen that i would have to shave my calipers :/ I really dont wanna do that so ive been looking into other wheel options. kinda want to go with the OEM+ look and run some style bmw/porsche/audi/merc wheel, i would get a set of RS' or some other three piece but i dont have the money right now. trying to keep it around $500 for a used set, ive always like the old 1 piece phone dials off of 944's and wanted to see if i could make them fit! so if anyone has any opinions let me know!

Also suspension should be done in two weeks!
                  That's around how much I spent for my style 5's after fill and drill. They're also 16x8 but with an offset with +23. They have an oem feel and fit the car really well.

These aren't mine (busy swapping my car to 5-speed) but this is how they fit!

Just a suggestion I also like the phone dials!

Comment

I do like the style 5's but is +23 the factory offset or are you running spacers? I don't know if I would want to get them filled and redrilled, but I am going for a pretty aggressive fitment so adapters may be a good thing

1999 M Coupe
                    1987 325e
                    1987 325IS

Comment

Im bored so heres a small write up. I got all of my shipment conformations tonight so all of my parts should be here this week, i forgot to mention before that for spring rates i went will a 440 in the front and a 650 in the rear. I went with these cause i saw someone with the same setup running them, but i had GC call me to make sure and they said it was spot on especially for an extremely low setup and/or track use so im happy

Another thing i was hoping to get some info on was fitting an IS/ES front valance on a metal bumper car. Can you fit a plastic bumper valance on a metal bumper? what options are there for this? i was reminded cause i saw dillon7's build and he is in the process of fitting one.

any help appreciated!

1999 M Coupe
                      1987 325e
                      1987 325IS

Comment

Got a sweet text from my dad today, parts are making there way in! Ive been up at school and wont be home for another week, but i got a picture of my Bilstein HD IX fronts and Bilstein sport I rears anlong with some other stuff!

1275397_560556227345364_760195255_o

1999 M Coupe
                        1987 325e
                        1987 325IS

Comment

Niice!!

nice garage too!
                          *~* Yamaguchi-gumi Syndicate Member #59,005 *~*
                          // Bippu-Car \\

Comment

Originally posted by K-Line View Post
                            I do like the style 5's but is +23 the factory offset or are you running spacers? I don't know if I would want to get them filled and redrilled, but I am going for a pretty aggressive fitment so adapters may be a good thing
                            +23 is the factory offset; but I'm running some pretty large spacers on top of that. I've seen people dit them with adapters and it looks great. I mounted them before my car was lowered and the poked more than 2 inches without spacers or adapters. Luckily lowering the car added enough camber to fix that

That's just a suggestion from my own experience. Lots of cool wheels out there; I'm sure you'll find something awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by Farintosh View Post
                              +23 is the factory offset; but I'm running some pretty large spacers on top of that. I've seen people dit them with adapters and it looks great. I mounted them before my car was lowered and the poked more than 2 inches without spacers or adapters. Luckily lowering the car added enough camber to fix that

That's just a suggestion from my own experience. Lots of cool wheels out there; I'm sure you'll find something awesome!
                              Yeah ill probably wait for the long and salty winter to be over up here in new york before i buy wheels anyway, unless i find something really tempting

1999 M Coupe
                              1987 325e
                              1987 325IS

Comment

Working...
                              X