No announcement yet.

Who the hell stances out a Dodge Omni?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really like your build. I really like how you can let long periods pass without becoming fickle and dropping the project. Its cool to see you jump right back into the project and take it to that next place. Good luck on the body work. Will you be doing anything drastic with the paint?

Comment

• Thanks!

The paint has stayed black. I ended up doing quite a few subtle modifications to the body, but subtly was totally key
      IG: @PiscitelliDesign

Comment

• Body work nitty-gritty:

0509121943b copy

0509121943c copy

0509121944a copy

0509121944 copy
        Last edited by dart165; 09-17-2013, 02:26 PM.

Comment

• Since I had some down time while the body was being worked on I strarted into a few of the custom touches.

First off, I'm a proud Dodge Omni owner and a mopar nut, (I have 4 other older mopars) the I just cant get down with the pentastar logo. It was one thing when Chrysler was using it as little dime sized fender emblems in the 60's but they decided to blast every car across the board from the early 80's to the early 90's? Not feeling it.

Unfortunately it's not as easy on an omni to just pull the badge from the grill, since the pentastar is actually molded into it:

IMG_4743

Luckily, it was the 80's after all, so car companies forgot about things like plan view and ..curves, for a decade or so, so getting rid of the pentastar was as easy as cutting a few Omni grilles apart and splicing in a section over where the badge was cut from.

p1010003
          Last edited by dart165; 09-17-2013, 02:29 PM.

Comment

• Awesome. Seamless work on that grille.

Comment

• this build just gets better
              IMG_20140729_210811 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

My build thread.http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33607
              Instagram: MGRAND3

Comment

• That hood interests me.

I like em dropped.

Comment

• I love everything about this! I have a soft spot for turbo Dodges, and yours is fantastic!

I had an '86 LaBaron convertible for a summer when I was 18. Great rust-free car, but the turbo and headgasket blew and I found an E30 to trade for. If I'd kept it it would've gotten air ride, smoothies with wide whitewalls, and a built GLH swap.
                  1973 Super Beetle-- Blue Zombie, 1988 635csi, 1962 Volksrod-- Little Bug

Comment

• More custom touches: Simplifying the trim

The car has factory side trim... trim being a loose term for the rubberish rope that surrounded the car. It's pretty forgettable, was never straight even when the cars were new (thanks a lot 1980's detroit), and since the indentation in the sheet metal does the same job of visually breaking up the body side I decided the car looks better without it.

trimm

No big deal to remove it, since most of it was kept on with trim adhesive. The hatch however had speed nuts on the underside, so they had to be welded up and smoothed out.

0509121944b copy

Much better.
                    Last edited by dart165; 09-17-2013, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Photobucket screwed you over like they did me. My build threads are fucked, try flickr you might have better luck with them.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Shit... Looks like I hit the rev limiter. I'll get rid of a bunch of crap I have in photobucket and hopefully all the flics will show back up!

Stay tuned.

Comment

• imgur.com is really good for posting pictures also if your having issues.
                          08 Sentra slow build

Comment

• You get 10 gigs of bandwidth a month. You don't have to delete anything. It's just that only a few people are allowed to look at your pictures a month.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                            @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

• Wow... that's extra lame. I just realized that..

oh well... guess it was time to do some spring cleaning in my photbucket account anyway.

Looks like 'll be firing up my other accounts. I have flickr and picasa, but i haven't used em in a minute. I'll probably switch over and start editing in the same pics from different host sites.... ugh.

Comment

• I see your picture in the last post! PB just did this to me the other day too.
                                "The Merc" (1999 Mercury Grand Marquis LS)

Done: FBSS Air Ride, PI Dual Exhaust, LED Gauge Back Light, LED Interior Lamps, Custom Gauge Overlays, Infinity/Alpine Sound, 20% Tint, Sanden EDC, 18" Magnaflow muffs and 3" tips.

Future: 3.55:1 with Trac-Loc, More Lows (Commence to Cutting), Wheel spacers for better fitment, Possibly New Wheels.

Comment

Working...
                                X