• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2005 Pontiac GTO. I ruined my racecar

Edit: Quick fact sheet on the car for all the questions I get
    Wheels: CCW LM5T 18x10 et20 front 18x11.5 et35 rear
    Tires: Falken FK453 215/35/18 and 245/35/18
    Suspension: Megan coilovers maxed out w/ 1 collar
    Fenders: Fronts rolled/pulled. Rears cut.

Hey guys, my name is Jake, I'm 18, and I drive a 2005 Pontiac GTO.
    I got the car a couple months back, and started modding it as you "should" mod a gto. It got a Vararam intake, Pacesetter long tube headers, muffler deletes, and a tune. I then tore it apart and added a Torquer V2 cam(232/234, .595/.598 110 LSA) PRC .675 dual valve springs, hardened pushrods, ported ls6 oil pump etc etc etc
    Then I got bored. Sure I had a fast car, it was pretty fun, but it was ugly as hell...so what did I do?
    A couple phone calls, a lucky score on some SSR type Cs, and a week of labor I had a GTO dropped on some wheels.
    Wheel Specs: 18x9.5 et30 front et35 rear SSR type C.
    Coilovers: Megan, rear perches removed, all collars in front, still have room to go here.

I then ran into the wall next to my house and dented the fender/scratched up the bumper so waiting to fix that.
    Future plans... Lip, more low, 10mm spacers all around with extended studs, get off of these ebay lugs that I bought at the last minute, powdercoat the wheels, vinyl wrap the car.

So...here's how it sits today
    I also run a photography/media/lifestyle/coverage company ( http://www.facebook.com/storage7photography ) so I'll be posting pictures on there of the build as well as my personal instagram @Jake_S7
    Last edited by lowgto; 06-04-2014, 01:52 PM.
    Follow me on instagram: @jaykohens

Looks great! Really digging the SSR's. Do you have any more pictures?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
    @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

we went out and shot it tonight but everything is on my buddies camera, I had just wrapped up shooting at Stancenation/Niese and couldnt be bothered to take pictures of my car

Comment

One I liked from the other night, was scouting spots for a couple shoots

Comment

can't say I'm a big fan of the wheels, but the car looks good

Comment

Update: Dropped the car off at the body shop the other day to fix some front end damage. Getting the front emblem shaved as well as having the grilles painted body color while its there. Will post some pictures when I have it back

Comment

Your 18.
              You own a car most will never even get to drive.
              You modified it.
              I am jelly.

Comment

Welcome, can't wait to see what you do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by DragginWagon View Post
                  Your 18.
                  You own a car most will never even get to drive.
                  You modified it.
                  I am jelly.
                  Theyre actually surprisingly affordable now. I paid $12,800 for mine with 63k miles on it, bone stock from some old man. They're definitely rare but not like one from the 60s is.

Originally posted by Skraight. View Post
                  Welcome, can't wait to see what you do with it.
                  Thanks man, big plans in the works for it. Trying to get my fitment on point after I get it back, little sunk currently.

Comment

Digging the wheels, bet the F body boys **** you lolol. Got a profile shot? Keep the updates coming
                    My '66 C10 Build
                    My BMW 2002 Build

Comment

Having yet another shitty experience with a shop. Dropped the car off last wednesday, they told me the damage would be fixed by friday no ifs ands or buts, friday rolls around, not fixed, saturday rolls around, not fixed, monday rolls around....still not fixed
                      but hey! he sent me progress pictures...
                      Bumper emblem.jpg
                      sanded & primed.jpg
                      Bumper damage has been sanded and primed, and the emblem has been removed.

Comment

rolling shots, don't know the guys flickr so youll have to live with facebook quality

Comment

wonder how some fender flares would look on the gto..hmm..

Comment

damn always wanted a gto, but bought a sentra . so nice though.
                            08 Sentra slow build

Comment

This happened the other day.
                              Ive been focusing on little dumb shit with the car, some little interior mods, nothing really major.
                              I picked up a set of 17x9 and 18x10 HREs, theyre probably gonna go on the car soon, lower, and then finally getting my wrap. Ive been looking into going air as well but likely not for a while

Comment

Working...
                              X