One Obnoxious Rx8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Obnoxious Rx8

So, My name is Caleb. I dont know if any of you remember me but i had a thread on here called Arizona E21 a couple of months ago.... well that was going great until it got smashed in my work parking lot.
    E21 before it got hit, i was very pleased with it.
    Untitled

So i had to buy another car, now in this time i thought about what i wanted. I remembered wayyyy back to my ol' honda days to a night where i was going out to eat and i was just running my little lawn mower motor up to 8k when a rx8 flew by me without a second thought.

so i looked into them and the rotary motor.
    2 days later i came home with this.
    Untitled
    Untitled
    I drove it around stock for 2 months and loved, i replaced a few things on it and got it running decent (minus the fucked tranny, which is still fucked today)

I had a hook up with Ksport so i got coilovers for the whip and was happier than ever.
    Untitled

After two days of labor my pops and I finally got the coils in. It wasnt a easy process.
    But the i got the front as dialed as possible on those wheels. The rear is maxed. .______.
    Fuck you Ksport for not doing research.
    Untitled
    Untitled
    A little photo of the whip at work with the "famous" Goomba_James
    Untitled

okay, okay, enough of the face down ass up gig. I got the shortest springs ksport offers and it wasnt low enough.... so i cut the rear springs to where i needed them to be and wal-lah. Please dont bitch about my "cut springs" theyre fine. they havent given me ONE problem. i drive aggressive and get sideways very often. not one issue.
    Untitled
    She wants to ride mountains...
    Untitled

ONNNE lucky day i finally sold those OZ superlaggeras and bought some mustang wheels from a friend. 17x9 et24 and 17x10 et15 on 205/40 and 215/40. slammed was an understatement. I drove allll the way home dragging my frame behind me.
    Untitled
    Rear Fitment
    Untitled
    how low i was. Annnnnnd I need 20mm spacers in the front.
    Untitled

A week later... I said fuckit. and cut more spring for greaterrrr rear fitment.
    Untitled
    Quick little shot leaving work.
    Untitled

Did some tire swapping... moved the 215's on the 9's and bought 235's for the 10's. MUCH happier with this fitment on top of it goes with look im going for. a stanced OBNOXIOUS racecar.
    Plus guest appearance from Goomba_James once and again andddd TheChema. My work has some cool cars haha
    Untitled

Now that i have wheels, its time to move on... started with front lip. next side skirts etc.
    B A G G E D L E V E L
    Untitled
    annnnd the most current picture of my car. with sides in the mail.
    Untitled

So, that is me catching you guys up on my build. I intend on continuing this thread and hopefully inspiring a few people
    Future plans for this thing, wellll side skirts for sure. a rear lip and possible custom Diffuser. then the Game changer. (its secret youll have to wait for that one.) with big country labs to achieve the Hertlife look and full cage and seats etc.
    When my 13b finally goes... i think im gonna bite the bullet and get a 20b 3 rotor dual turbo and drop it in. should be fun lets see where this takes me.
    My only goal with this car is too get my first feature, annnnywhere. haha

I like it. I liked the e21 better but this is still pretty rad.
    Volvo Build Thread
    Bmw Build Thread
    Toyota Build Thread
    zanebonk instagram
    Tumblrrrr

Comment

A decent 20b build is a good down payment for a ferrari. Looks good though, RX8's are super underrated cars.

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
      @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

I'm sure you know who Kyle Mohan is....

He just put an LS1 into his RX8. (hmmmm)

Comment

Looks good on the 17's man, it's a shame what happened to the e21. What I was gonna say is that you could get some shorter springs from BC Racing. I'm sure they have a shorter set than what you have and with higher spring rates. Just give them a call.

Rx8 is looking good doe!
          sigpic

Follow me on Instagram! @cskzero

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
            A decent 20b build is a good down payment for a ferrari. Looks good though, RX8's are super underrated cars.
            yeah, there are a few people here in phoenix that build rotaries. and have done a few 3 rotors. idk i may just keep the 13b and boost it after its rebuilt. ill have too see how that cards play out.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckdee View Post
              Looks good on the 17's man, it's a shame what happened to the e21. What I was gonna say is that you could get some shorter springs from BC Racing. I'm sure they have a shorter set than what you have and with higher spring rates. Just give them a call.

Rx8 is looking good doe!
              yeah tell me about itm haha i was at work working when a security guard came and got me and said my car has been involved in a wreck. i find out some shoplifters were trying to get away and did a u turn.... right into the side of my car. and yeah i know... its on my list to do, but this is doing me just fine for now and i have other things to put my money towards, maybe when i finish a few projects ill order the springs haha

Comment

Okay guys im sorry i havent updated this in a year but i figure i need some inspiration so ill update this build to where im at now.
                keep in mind ive been through like 3 phones in the past year so i dont have all the pictures throughout the way but i can tell you about it. from where i left off, i bought side skirts and front lip and such,
                addfinal-8064
                addfinal-8062
                addfinal-8071
                I didnt mind the look, but as fun as constantly breaking the lip and side skirts and ruining any kind of pain on those were i took them off cause i thought they were ruining the look i wanted.
                Plus the RX8 in my opinion has some of the best, most innovative body lines out still today. so i kind of wanted to show it off.

Then i went through this stage where i painted my wheels "50's Aqua" colored.
                (no pictures, like i said different phone deleting shit.)

I did some stuff like i made some rear side covers to square off the rounded body to make it look lower!

I then also tinted my headlights yellow cause fuck yeah!

anyway so after some rad ass adjustments the time had come, to finally pursure the big wang, after dealing with honestly the great customer service from Colin of Big Country Labs i now own a BCL universal wing.
                Heres the best picture i could find of my car the first day i had the wing on while rolling to import faceoff here in phoenix;

and bought some front canards after mannnny failed attempts to make some. Something about the rx8 front bumpers, it doesnt have any flat spots to make some! haha you can kind of see them from this picture!

So i figured it was time for a more "classy" look and i then painted the wheels a gold sparkle.
                More pictures.
                addfinal-8926
                Mazda Crew haha i wish i still rode with these guys also an RX8 i helped bag!
                addfinal-8909
                addfinal-8945

I am currently in the process of creating a full on race body kit to run on this car since i dont want to run some aftermarket kit, (although the veilside kit is calling my name)
                with a rear diffuser, side diffuser and a front splitter.

but i then did some measurements and with a helpful tax return i got some cosmis racing 18x11et8 xt-206r wheels.
                I wanted to run 225/40's on them but it was impossible on these wheels, the drop center is too large :/ so i had to get 235/40 and after 2 hours of trying, shazaam;

so this is my rear fitment.

then i was driftkor for a few days while i figured out how to fit those massive wheels in the front.
                its crazy how much bigger the wheels look than the 17's in the front haha

Anyway this is where i am currently!
                addfinal-9132
                addfinal-9124
                addfinal-9134

Ill try to keep updating this. In the future i plan to work on some interior pieces im looking at going halfsies on some Bride's cause i really only want one due to the fact im not going to inconvenience my finance more than i already do with my car, and im preparing for a bass boat sparkle red respray after summer but we'll see.
                I am not into buying "rare" parts anymore, or "real" wheels or anything, im into what looks good, i respect someone who makes all their parts as too buying them and paying someone to install them.
                hopefully ill "finish" the car sometime next year. I am very very happy with where it is now to be honest with you guys and myself.

If anyone has any questions please post them and ill try my best to get back to you guys, ive become pretty knowledgeable about these cars by now haha

Comment

That looks awesome so far! A small front lip to flatten with a painted aluminum splitter that acts as a skid plate would be an awesome addition to your custom kit.

Also, a 350z air duct in the front bumper would be pretty sick too.

Have you decided on what engine you are going to go with?

𝔣𝔬𝔩𝔩𝔬𝔴 𝔪𝔢
                  @𝔳𝔦𝔳𝔢_𝔪𝔢𝔪𝔬𝔯_𝔩𝔢𝔱𝔦

Comment

this was my favorite look so far

Comment

WOW dooope!

W I L D M A N 'S R O D S H O P

R.I.P P.WALKER 2013/11/30

Comment

Man thats really sick! Love it!

Build =>http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=51076

Comment

Originally posted by rice4life View Post
                          That looks awesome so far! A small front lip to flatten with a painted aluminum splitter that acts as a skid plate would be an awesome addition to your custom kit.

Also, a 350z air duct in the front bumper would be pretty sick too.

Have you decided on what engine you are going to go with?
                          Maybe I'll look into some air ducts! And yeah I'm just gonna stay with my 13b it's big ported so it has a nice sound and keeps up with twin turbo FD's.

Comment

Badass 8 brother. I got one also and love it.

Comment

i miss my cosmis wheels so bad!!! this thing looks badass!

Follow Me On Instagram/Twitter: @0mg350z

Comment

Working...
                              X