Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not your Average Fbody Camaro Build

If you take the time to read this i thank you very much
    Ive shortend alot out of my build but This is still pretty long and has alot of pictures though.
    Well ive had my car for about 4 years now..
    I got it when i was a freshman in highschool.
    Its a 1994 Camaro z28
    I bought it for $1200, stirpped rolling shell with a running motor and a blown auto tranny.

When i started on this build, i had no idea what i wanted to do with it. I was gonna go with the typical mullet-machine with 335s in the rear and skinnys up front...But that changed VERY drastically..

Im not gonna go too deep into detail of the first two years of having this car.
    Ive done alot to it since i bought it though.
    This is how it looked after fixing alot of stuff, getting it running good and replacing the frontend.

45770_127803060600041_5950876_n by Karljr, on Flickr

Completely replaced the interior, still missing small parts here and there.

Engine is an LT1

mods list

-Lt4 cam
    -upgraded lifters/ springs
    -ported throttle body
    -Cai
    -pace setter mid-lenght headers
    -3 inch exhaust from the y-pipe, no cat, to 3inch in/out magnaflow 3xl to dump
    -aluminum drive shaft
    -Msd street fire ign.coil
    -a/c components removed
    -all emissions crap cut out and blocked off, car runs 10x better
    -custom alternator/ powersteering brackets, new belts
    -underdrive crank pulley
    -Founders Performance strut tower bar
    -Bmr fixed panhard bar
    -Drilled/slotted front rotors

Trans

I had my auto trans rebuilt 4 times with race internals, it kept breaking the pump so i gave up on that.
    Just recently (3 weeks ago) i came across a T5 5speed from a 90 iroc z28
    did a little research and found out it would fit my motor with some minor modifications.
    Picked up the trans/ new clutch/ hurst short throw shifter.
    Had the internals rebuilt
    Did the complete install with a good friend in my garage based off some threads on the ls1 tech forum.
    Holding up very well atm.

Apperance
    -Billet polished front grille
    -Clear lense/Black housing front turn signals
    -Carbon fiber front emblem
    -Fiberglass rear SS spoiler
    -Rk sport ca-100 front lip

Interior still incomplete
    -Black suede headliner
    -Red gator print pillars, doorpanels
    -Royal trickle Grip Royal Wheel
    -Momo Italy wheel adapter
    -Hurst shifter extension
    -Rare red/grey 30th aniversary Camaro seats

Suspension

My suspension isnt something i like to discuss but whatever itll be replaced very soon.
    Im currently on kyb shocks w/ chopped sportlines. Bump stops removed in the rear i have about an inch of shock travel front and rear. lol
    Im going with qa1 4th gen coils and having the shock bodies shortened and revalved, since there is no other suspension setups for these cars besides bags and i dont wanna go that route since i plan to sell the car near the end of the year.

Anyway!! Enough ranting

Heres how my car looked last summer 2012.
    I was on custom painted gold metallic 18x8.5 +25 18x10 +25 XXR 521s
    16mm spacers in the rear, and i kinda liked the tuck in the front.
    235/35 fronts, 245/40 rears Falken 912s.

In these pics youll see my shitty garage seal lip.
    I didnt get my rk front lip till a couple weeks ago.

IMG_20120418_113336 by Karljr, on Flickr

Untitled by Karljr, on Flickr

465023_10150820696111741_642681740_9929300_1715699 029_o by Karljr, on Flickr

IMG_20120511_181506 by Karljr, on Flickr

Got tired of those after like 3 months, sold them and pulled the trigger on these...

IMG_20120705_212159 by Karljr, on Flickr

IMG_20120708_113553 by Karljr, on Flickr

18x9.5 +20 all around
    Hyper Silver
    TSW Rivages
    235/35 fronts 235/40 rear Continental Dws extremes

IMG_20120729_134026 by Karljr, on Flickr

IMG_20120731_120104 by Karljr, on Flickr

This was in about July or so.
    Wekfest was coming to texas in september i believe it was, so i got this crazy idea to register, sent in some pics of my car half painted on gold wheels n whatnot, saying that it would be completed before the show, not expecting anything out of it.

About 3weeks before the show i recieved an email from Junior.....I had been accepted to Wekfest 2012 Austin Texas....My jaw dropped

My car was incomplete, and i had 3 weeks. I wasnt about to drop 3 grand to get my car painted.. I had no clue what the hell i was doing but i did it anyways ...So i spent about $700 on a 26gal compressor some no name Paint gun, sealer, paint, clear, body filler, etcc...Alll the crap i could possibly need. After watching countless numbers of youtube videos on trying to figure out what the hell i was doing... i went to work and my garage became a paint booth/ body shop...
    Probably the worst thing ive ever done.
    Not knowing what the hell i was doing, plus rushing because the show was so close.

0920121830 by Karljr, on Flickr

0913122209 by Karljr, on Flickr

0915121355 by Karljr, on Flickr
    New toys came in

0912121751 by Karljr, on Flickr

0909121807 by Karljr, on Flickr.

I dont think i have pics of right after i laid the paint down but it was about 4 days before the show....SO MUCH ORANGE PEEL
    I had slept maybe 4 hours a night for the past 2 weeks or so, so I took a day off from messing with the damn car, and two good friends decided they wanted to help out the following day, since i had A LOT of arange peel to knock down and polish.
    We wet sanded for the next two days.. i had put a little tooooo much hardener in my clear so this was so much fun-___-

These are about 4am the day before the show

P1030241 by Karljr, on Flickr

P1030199 by Karljr, on Flickr

P1030196 by Karljr, on Flickr

P1030193 by Karljr, on Flickr

Eventually around sunrise we called it a "night". I continued to sand polish and clean up the car.
    We got most of the orange peel down, enough to make a majority of the car shine.
    I was never satisfied with how it came out, but i tried my damn best and made my self remember that i had no clue what i was doing in the first place.
    I got about 2 hours of sleep that morning, woke up and got back to work

Began reassembly, and cleaning everything

0917121632 by Karljr, on Flickr

0926121211 by Karljr, on Flickr

0929121846 by Karljr, on Flickr
    I COULD NOT GET THAT BUMPER TO HOLD A SHINE:/
    Again i worked on this thing all day, got it back together, and tried to make everything shine as best as i could. I was debating on backing out of the show because i thought the paint looked terrible.. a really good friend talked me into going and to be proud of doing something i had never done in my life. I went along with it. Polished the car till about 3am the morning of the show and finally got some sleep.

Moning of Wekfest...
    Shots before we left and some rolling shots, that front bumper looks terrible, and you can see how dull my doors and rear bumper were also... that changes later.

Getting her cleaned up by Karljr, on Flickr

P1030246 by Karljr, on Flickr

Wekfest Austin Roll out 5 by Karljr, on Flickr

Wekfest Austin Roll out 1 by Karljr, on Flickr

They had that 1/4 tank rule going and i had 3/4 tank so i HAD to wast gas fast! flew up and down the highway tons of times, finally Got to the event center about 15minutes late after my staging time.... Got rejected due to over capacity...My day was shot down...all that work for nothing. I parked my car in the parking garage with all the other spectators, my day just did not go well, i tried to enjoy the show with the rest of my friends but just could not focus, i honestly dont remember anything about the show. That night i went home and i slept for like the next 3 days. I wanted nothing to do with cars at all.

I told myself i would never pick up the paint gun again and that i would have the paint redone professionaly...LOL
    Over the past couple of months id been doing research and all that on how to set up the guns properly and how to mix and lay down the paint properly.

This was in january before i started to redo the clear coat, looks pretty decent..

1112121730 by Karljr, on Flickr

1002121520 by Karljr, on Flickr

And I got a little bored of the silver and plastidiped the wheels white, and also finally got my new lip!

0121131356 by Karljr, on Flickr

I decided id fix things slowly, all i really need to do is knock the clear flat and reclear coat.
    So i decided to do my front bumper, rear bumper, hatch, tail light panel, and spoiler.. I guess you can say i got ALOT better

0320131438b by Karljr, on Flickr

0308131444 by Karljr, on Flickr

0323131633 by Karljr, on Flickr

0322131805 by Karljr, on Flickr

0310131500 by Karljr, on Flickr

0326131705 by Karljr, on Flickr

I was amazed at how everything looked after a little buffer work!

About two weeks ago i FINALLY did my standard swap on this thing, and its awesome.
    I started working on sanding my doors and front fenders to reclear them.
    My best friend/ photographer wanted to take some pics of the car before its complete, just to show how cool this thing looks even though its incomplete.
    I dont have my hood on, it has some dents so i was working on those, and was also doing a mild wire tuck, so removing the hood made life easier.

But heres some shots he took the other night!

untitled-3 by Karljr, on Flickr

untitled-4 by Karljr, on Flickr

My interior is dirty as hell from cutting holes for the shifter and new pedals, but whatever.

untitled-9 by Karljr, on Flickr

untitled-8 by Karljr, on Flickr

untitled-10 by Karljr, on Flickr

untitled-11 by Karljr, on Flickr

Currently i am reclearing the doors, fenders and roof.
    Ill be painting my lip, and also trying to figure out a new color of the wheels.
    And a couple more mods to look foward to are, custom blast pipe exhaust, rear window visor, and custom rear diffuser

Thanks for reading, this isnt done. I still have alot of work before shes complete.
    I will continue to keep you all updated over time.
    IG:karl_lowz28

Wow, I was very pleasantly surprised by this! Sub'd!
    Instagram: @Eurow

Comment

Originally posted by MikeyRa View Post
      Wow, I was very pleasantly surprised by this! Sub'd!
      Haha thanks!

Comment

Wow man, very nicely done, just wish you still had those ssr's on.

Comment

You know I already love it

And thought it was kind of funny because my thread name is "Not Your Average Mullet-Machine" on here lol
          Last edited by Skraight.; 05-22-2013, 09:00 AM.

Comment

looks great, glad to see some F-bodies are getting into the stance scene

Comment

Interesting.
              BB6 Prelude . . E36 ///M3 . . VA WRX Limited . . 1969 Nova
              Originally posted by Ollie
              We all love to turn heads. Sub-consciously we're all materialistic attention-craving dickheads.

Comment

car has lots of potential. glad to see you didnt give up on the paint.
                IMG_20140729_210811 by MGRAND3, on Flickr

My build thread.http://www.stanceworks.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=33607
                Instagram: MGRAND3

Comment

Great build! I really like your garage built style.

I was reading thinking "I didn't see this car at Wekfest?" Then saw you didn't get in. That sucks, but next time just unplug your gauge sender or pull the fuse to get in with excess fuel.
                  025garage

Comment

Originally posted by calibornn1979 View Post
                    Wow man, very nicely done, just wish you still had those ssr's on.
                    XXR's* Haha i wish they were SSRs i wouldve never sold them, but i do miss those wheels, they looked so good. Ill probably be getting one more set of wheels before i decide to sell her.

Originally posted by Skraight. View Post
                    You know I already love it

And thought it was kind of funny because my thread name is "Not Your Average Mullet-Machine" on here lol
                    Haha thanks man
                    Lol really!? I never noticed that!

Originally posted by rsingh3g View Post
                    looks great, glad to see some F-bodies are getting into the stance scene
                    Originally posted by MommysLittleMonster View Post
                    Interesting.
                    Yeah everyone has their different oppinions, alot of guys my age think its the craziest thing when they see me rolling around, alot of the older mullet drivers look at me like im retarded, or think my car is broken... hahaa

Comment

Originally posted by bostongrnM3 View Post
                      car has lots of potential. glad to see you didnt give up on the paint.
                      Yeah the paint just keeps looking better. Im glad i kept on kicking. Haha

Originally posted by motocaddy View Post
                      Great build! I really like your garage built style.

I was reading thinking "I didn't see this car at Wekfest?" Then saw you didn't get in. That sucks, but next time just unplug your gauge sender or pull the fuse to get in with excess fuel.
                      Yeah, i was running late that morning and forgot my tools, i was gonna dismantal my dash and reset the needle

Comment

I have always ***** hood pins. Also not sure if the yellow headlights are current but im not digging those on this car. Other than that the car looks great. Those TSWs almost remind me of IROCS.
                        Instagram @wickedweiss

Fix your sig pic size cunt. <3 Ox.

Comment

Originally posted by WICKED WEISS View Post
                          I have always ***** hood pins. Also not sure if the yellow headlights are current but im not digging those on this car. Other than that the car looks great. Those TSWs almost remind me of IROCS.
                          Lol the hood pins are something i did when i was 16, i regret doing it i just havent had time or $500 bucks laying around for a new hood. And the yellow covers are gone, but i actually have 3000k hids for my main head lights. Theyre so obnoxious i love them! haha

Comment

Heres some randome phone pictures

Paint close up, Granite Pearl Metallic is the name

My 3000k hids, and the driveway that is destroying my exhaust. FYI those are not my oil stains, my car does not leak any fluids whatsoever

I was at a friends and the sun set looked ridiculous, so you know i had to go all photographer on that ass. Haha. And his dads E36

Comment

Small update. Getting ready to respray the doors n fenders

Comment

Working...
                              X