FS: 1988 BMW 535i - Euro bumper/lights - Richmond, Va

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FS: 1988 BMW 535i - Euro bumper/lights - Richmond, Va

I currently have too many projects, and stupidly enough I have 2 cars I'm about to buy, so this and my e30 are probably going to have to leave here soon.

It's a 1988 BMW 535i that I have owned for a year and have never truly driven. When I bought it, it had a missmatched twin turbo kit on it that would never run right. After the car sitting for months and months I just recently had a friend/shop return the car back to 100% stock and it runs absolutely great. Pulls strong, no issues at all.

Car has 124k original miles, no rust and as you can see has Euro bumpers and headlights. The front chrome bumper is off the car currently, but does come with the car.

It has fresh Bilstein shocks all the way around as well as what I believe are H&R sport springs. It rides quite nicely, but I'm sure thats something one of you kids can ruin quickly as you slam it...which was my intentions as well.

Outside is blue'ish and paint is in bad shape as you can see. The passenger's side front fender is dented, but the car will have two additional fenders that are in great shape that will go with it. The interior is blue'er than fuck and in decent shape. The dash is cracked and the glove box has been removed so there are wires and carnage hanging around that needs to be put back in it's place. Stuff that takes time that I don't have nor want to put towards this car anymore.

Car will come with 17" Style 32's with good tires, 235 & 255's. I think there are also some other things in the back like e28 M5 front brake calipers that I will let go with the car if the price is right.

What is the price?

I'm asking $3,900obo. First reasonable offer with cash in hand takes the car. First lowballer without any money that wastes my time gets kicked in the dick.

Please feel free to ask any and all questions here and I will answer them as quickly as I can. Car is located in Richmond, Va just off I-95/I-64/I-195. Car runs and drives and can be driven away with no issues.

Last edited by flimflam; 04-07-2013, 09:14 PM.
    -kevin
    - richmond, va
    flimflamspeed - my shop
    flimflammedia
    - my other job

Willing to trade for an E36?
    I dislike Byron.

Comment

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
      Really!? Didnt you just sell your E28. lol
      Instagram @wickedweiss

Fix your sig pic size cunt. <3 Ox.

Comment

Originally posted by got splits? View Post
        Probably not, but lemme see what you have to offer.

Originally posted by WICKED WEISS View Post
        Really!? Didnt you just sell your E28. lol
        Everyone needs a little e28 in their life. I'm sure I'll be looking to buy one a few months after this one is gone.
        -kevin
        - richmond, va
        flimflamspeed - my shop
        flimflammedia
        - my other job

Comment

got splits? - nvm...saw your fs thread right under mine. Can't say I'd be willing to trade for that. But good luck with the sale! Thanks for the offer.
          -kevin
          - richmond, va
          flimflamspeed - my shop
          flimflammedia
          - my other job

Comment

Would you trust this to make a cross-country trip back to CA?

Comment

Thats a tough question. Mostly because I have absolutely no reason to say no, but I also can't predict the future. The car runs very well, doesn't over heat, no weird hesitations or missfires, and starts up faster than any e28 or e30 I've ever owned. But..shit happens, and thats 3,400+ miles of nonstop usage.

You a gambling man?
              -kevin
              - richmond, va
              flimflamspeed - my shop
              flimflammedia
              - my other job

Comment

I am, but I'm not sure how much time I can take off of work if something breaks. Is there any maintenance that should be addressed soon? Ball joints, tie rods, control arms, subframe bushings, etc? I don't expect a perfect car by any means, but if the car had been sitting, some of that stuff might need to be addressed.

Also, if I were to make a deposit, how much time might you be able to hold the car until I could get it?

Comment

The shop that swapped the TT stuff off and went back to stock gave the whole car a look over and told me the subframe bushings do need some attention in the next wave of me doing something to it. They weren't horrible or failed, but cracked and old. The car has a slight vibe at low rpm/high load...i believe its the center driveshaft bearing, but at speed and driving around its smooth. Just when you lugg a gear down too low it will put a vibe through the car.

I'd need to change oil/fluids before you went across country.

I **** playing the deposit game. Been fucked with so many times doing that and I'm days, hours, minutes away from picking up my next car which will replace this, so I'd like this whole transaction to be as quick and painless as possible.
                  -kevin
                  - richmond, va
                  flimflamspeed - my shop
                  flimflammedia
                  - my other job

Comment

The word h_ate gets censored?

Thats adorable.
                    -kevin
                    - richmond, va
                    flimflamspeed - my shop
                    flimflammedia
                    - my other job

Comment

After discussing price over with a few friends I decided to change the starting asking price to $3,900obo. Seems more realistic.
                      -kevin
                      - richmond, va
                      flimflamspeed - my shop
                      flimflammedia
                      - my other job

Comment

I have a potential buyer for you if this beauty is still available.

Don't tell me life is so short, what have you done that's longer?

Comment

Still available.

$3,900obo.

Ask me anything, I'll answer as soon as I can!!!
                          -kevin
                          - richmond, va
                          flimflamspeed - my shop
                          flimflammedia
                          - my other job

Comment

Make me an offer I can't refuse. Moving soon, need this gone!

Good solid, rust free e28, runs great, just cosmetically not a 10...$1000+ in euro bumpers and lights. Come on people, someone needs this in their life!
                            -kevin
                            - richmond, va
                            flimflamspeed - my shop
                            flimflammedia
                            - my other job

Comment

I wish I could have this in my life.

Comment

Working...
                              X