No announcement yet.

Scott's E36 Touring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks SWEET! i Love the colour. That was one of the colours i was thinking of when i painting my touring, but then i guess i ate some Mangoes and got inspired...
    Attached Files

Comment

• the train station shots are cool!

Film?

Comment

• Originally posted by saffraz///M View Post
        Looks SWEET! i Love the colour. That was one of the colours i was thinking of when i painting my touring, but then i guess i ate some Mangoes and got inspired...
        Thanks.

Originally posted by NeilP View Post
        the train station shots are cool!

Film?
        Yep, last set of photos are film. Getting more back from the developers on Monday

Comment

• Pictures look amazing as always Scott.

Did you get your badges yet? Also how are you going to run the car in winter, raise it and take the style 32s off? I know you get some snow and stuff where you stay.

Comment

• Originally posted by jimmybacon View Post
            Pictures look amazing as always Scott.

Did you get your badges yet? Also how are you going to run the car in winter, raise it and take the style 32s off? I know you get some snow and stuff where you stay.
            Haven't got the badges, yet no Probably end up getting my mate to bring back me some from America or go down the scrappies and get some.

Yeah, I'm about to order winter tyres for my standard wheels and i'll put those on. Might put the standard front bumper on too, since it already has the fog lights and stuff on it

Comment

• Cool, you'll probably have to run a spacer on the front so the wheels clear the coilovers if you are using the standard wheels.

I've taken my Zenders off but I don't think i'm going to raise it for winter, the snow is never that bad here (famous last words).

Comment

• I'll be alright with the standard bolts though, won't I?

Whats the plans for the Zenders then? You gonna refurb them slightly?

Haha "Worst snow for decades" or so they say

Comment

• I wouldnt use the standard bolts with anything over 5mm. But you'll probably need more than a 5mm spacer to clear the coils.

Remember when I had my 318is at Driftland lowered on the stock wheels? I was running a 195/60 r15 tyre up front with a 15mm spacer and it was only just clearing the coils. That was at pretty much full drop tho.

The spacers I have are these ones - http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/race/...46-e90-e91-e93
                  They are pretty solid and come with the extended bolts.

Comment

I wouldnt use the standard bolts with anything over 5mm. But you'll probably need more than a 5mm spacer to clear the coils.

Remember when I had my 318is at Driftland lowered on the stock wheels? I was running a 195/60 r15 tyre up front with a 15mm spacer and it was only just clearing the coils. That was at pretty much full drop tho.

The spacers I have are these ones - http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/race/...46-e90-e91-e93
                    They are pretty solid and come with the extended bolts.
                    Will get a set of those as well then man, just to be sure. Gonna raise it right up, so hopefully they'll clear.

Did I remember you saying you were after a leather arm rest? Just realised I have a spare

Comment

• The 328 has one and the 318 is now sold, so I dont need one at the moment.

and yeah the plan is to refurb the Zenders a bit and run them again next year. Need to flatten my arches out a bit as well to stop wheel lip > body contact.

Comment

The 328 has one and the 318 is now sold, so I dont need one at the moment.

and yeah the plan is to refurb the Zenders a bit and run them again next year. Need to flatten my arches out a bit as well to stop wheel lip > body contact.
                        Ah awesome. They'll look great after the refurb. I've got a roller here if you ever need it

Comment

• Awesome, ive been trying to collect all the pictures I can so I can look back when im old haha

Comment

• Haha me too. I'll give you some wee prints next time I see you, always get some when the film is developed

Comment

• Hey guys, hope you all had a good Christmas and ate lots of turkey

Not much been happening over the holidays. I decided it was finally time to take the Style 32's off for winter. So I took her out for one last blast along some windy roads!

Ordered the 15mm spacers that Chris suggested. When I was fitting them, i noticed a really weird ticking noise when the wheel was rotating. After a bit of head scratching, I realised the bolts were too long. A couple of minutes with the grinder and they worked perfectly.

And this is how she'll look for the next couple of months. Also raised the front a little bit

I was lucky enough to get a stereo for my Christmas and after two unexpected trips to Halfords for connections, I got it fitted this afternoon. After not having a radio or stereo for nearly a year, it feels awesome to have one back

So that's it until next year, i'll be collecting some little bits over winter to be fitted in the spring. Plan on going a little lower, 5-10mm spacers and finish the interior off with the leather, subwoofer and new speakers. Might even get round to doing the exhaust.

Comment

• Glad the spacers worked out. I bought a set of winter wheels and when I fitted them I had the same ticking/wheel bolts to long problem, but I left it and it fucked up my wheel speed sensors. Pretty stupid haha. I think it depends on the wheels you use. When I used my style 32s it was fine.

Anyway, you heading to Driftland on the 31st?

Comment

Working...
                                X