Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Der Kindergartenrenner part III, der BeeTTle..loads of pics

New here, did my fair bit of projects.

In this this i will post the progress of my next project der Kindergartenrenner III for my wife. At this moment it's not quit a build project, more a collecting-for-build thread. And for the folks who think, der Kindergartenrenner III? Was there a part I and II then? Yes there was.

Why Kindergartenrenner?
    Because it's the car for the misses, for work and to bring the kids to school. ( she had a load of fast cars in the past before we had kids, but the hunger for hp is still there :lol: )

Project Kindergartenrenner I was a 1993 BMW e30 touring. Bought as standard 318i. Finished project with a m52b28 ( a e46 328i 24v) engine, E36 m3 3.2 complete drivetrain, suspension, brakes. 17 inch breyton splits. etc a real Woody
    before

after

we sold the car and bought another project:
    Project Kindergartenrenner II was a 1996 audi s6 avant 2.2 20v quattro with 6 gears. 230hp stock. Finished the project with a full 3,5 inch steanless steal exhaust wit a wagner rs inlet and exhaust. again with the holset and a few mods giving it more than enough HP. full coiloverset with porsche brakes and porsche 18 inch split wheels.

before

after:

Perfect familie car, but we decided to sell the car because i got a new skoda Superb combi. Also a giant car and 2 of these giant is a bit to mutch. Also the kids were growing and the kids didn't have lots of garbage to carry around. I gave the wife a choise of here own to choose a car.
    She wanted a New Mini. But after a long journey for looking for the right one in Holland and Germany, we let the mini idea float. All the mini's have serious gear trouble and electra.

Good talk with the misses lead to another of here favourite cars. A New Beetle. target was a black1.8 20vt or a 2.0 8v highline.
    After looking at a quit a few new beetles, all with high milage, cars with 3 colours black, female cars with damage, we got a perfect NB!

Its a 2.0 8v with 110t KM from dec 2000. Dealer maintance, 1 prefious owner --> a adverticing company.
    NO history of damage. Only mod was a 4 tailpipe exhaust
    Its a NON highline, so no airco, no electric windows, but all the other options.
    Colour is Yellow. Not the targetcolour but fresh and fun.

The wife loves it and the kids find it cool. I find it nice ( a have driven it 4 times now ops: ) and promiced the wife i would do anything with the new beetle. So here is Project : Kindergartenrenner part III :lol:

the collecting of mods
    • Suspension

I bought a KW V2 set the day after collecting the beetle

But the wife doesn't want a static lowerd car anymore. So sold the coilovers. :roll: and bought a brand new airrideset[ dubsupllies/Billstein](8mm hoses, etc. set is painted in Ral9001 and is ready on the shelf for installation. Also bought a 4 motion stabi .
    • Wheels

Bought the car on standard steelies

Sold this set and bought a set of LM beetle 16 wheels

Nice set for the time being. But i'm a wheel man
    the other wheels are:
    • 20 inch touareg atlas wheels 9j et 60. Extreme rare.

Painted the wheels Ral9001 and polished the lips

• Interior

First replaced the standard radio with an alpine 9887r. ( My choice, wanted this HU) and the speakers at the front and back will be replaced with 2 165mm compo's. This is already lying on the shelf. front compo 165mm CDT Eurosport. Back a 165mm audiosystems compo with a audiosystems 4 channel Twister with extreme expancive wiring : .

Car has a standard black interior. Like new, but i wanted something different. So bought a cream leather interior from a beetle. Also bought orgininal electric windows

Dash etc will be flocked.
    • Exterior

Bought a bootlid from a beetle 20v( electric spoiler). I'm going to wire it with an corrado speedbox.

Rearbumper is a mix. Bought a american rearbumper with sidemarkers and a small plate. Also bought an audi tt 3.2 rearbumper. Plasticweldit these to to make one like this picture

there's more to come :screwy:
    Last edited by Richardk; 01-03-2013, 04:05 AM.

details on the black bug.

look at the details on the intercooling pipes ( beetle turbo)

got the blackbug on dutch plates and it drives quit fast. it's faster then my mates his JD engineering MK4 r32.

PS god Rick made a PS for the idea ( and no the turbo signatures won't come on i think)

when you look at the wheels you notice that these are different then the touareg.
    that's because i also bought a set of kerscher kcs 18 inch.

also bought a set of original beetle xenonheadlights.

i polished the kerscher wheels and the inners are of to the painter

cleaned the brakes and the are also of te the painter ( gona be yellow)

big MoFo ( that's a 1 Liter bottle)

I let the seat be proffesional painted in beetle cream.( the lightning gives a FU picture but it's all 1 colour) the headrest is of the backseat.

also bought a 02m 6 speed leon cupra gearbox ( not the 4 motion, but frontwheel) because the wife wants every time she drives on the road put it in 6th gear because the revs the engine makes

Comment

crappy BB pics.. now with a real camera

sold the red porkers and bought a pair of tsw holsten 19 inch with almost new vedestein ts810s 235-35-19 wintertyres.
      also after long long waiting the back bootlid i go a mail from the german/polish seller that it got lost in the shipment and got the refund.
      With luck the local carbreaker got a silver Beetle v5 in from GB with a bootlid with spoiler..so i bought it..but the thing i noticed is that the vw emblem is the same stuck like the bonet( so no handle and locking)
      thanks rick!
      also completly rebuild the gearbox with new parts, so it will be smooth. also did a modification with the arm for the first and second gear ( stronger) controle arm.

also bought the complety front of an audi tt ( controle arms, steering rack etc, brakes, subframe, stabi etc) for a better drive in the corners.
      also busy with a tt dashboard (looking for it)..

that's the shame off these forums.. the new ideas are coming with the day..

the beetle sportec now driven by my sister. The engine transplant will be next year
      and the new bootlid from GB

Comment

Picked up in the lunchbreak:

TT8N front brakes, suspension, controlearms, stabi ,wishbones, subframe etc..
        and some tt back brakes

glad it's raining outside because the moneytree in the garden is getting smaller :lol:

tommorow of for the complete tt dash and stuff

picked up..only the cluster and steering wheel are missing.. but all the other stuff, mid consol gear stuff complete..

update from the snowy holiday.

bought:
        -a polo 6R bootlid , like this

-a 225hp tt/s3 flywheel and clutch
        -a tt fuelcap with metal
        -a extra rear fender
        -brake stickers

yep the yellow brakes gone get some lego stickers

done:

tt fuelcap in fender

Comment

drove the beetle away this evening.
          to get stated tommorow, but hey..it was warm, dry and there was beer. so headstart

from 14.00 till 17.00 first diner and kids to bed and then off again.

20.00 till 22.45

Blood Sweat.. and all the help from Marten, Aram and Hidde
          it's at the painter..

off to the painter
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

6R logo brand new dealerpart.

Original beetle carpet and feetcarpets. Only where in the car for 10 miles.

bought this today.. brand new votex sills .. just in time for the painter

good company

Again with help of friends

Comment

We have welded the side markers. found some tiny rust spot under the striping on the roof. Cleaned it and, some tinn and zinkspray.

so now all the work is done.. now sanding paint etc etc
              package

brand new armrest

tt ready for some paint

6R logo

some between progress pics

Comment

new stuff keeps comming.
                these are the protectionstickers between the bumper and fenders. Most of them forget them when they paint a beetle, but, gotta love vw parts.. :lol:

.original vw oval beetle colour from 06-1957 till 01-1958.. agave green L240

same colour as this:

Comment

long nights, did the wheels

parted them

de badged

from above

hood

votexsills

US rear with tt diffuser
                  the votex nose

Comment

also bought an almost new lupo magnesium 3L steering wheel, with airbag.

interior.

All beige leather, with beige leather audi R8 seats. dash i don't think i'm going with the tt dash, but i'm going for a rsi dash

updates
                    parting it together

rsi bi xenon

beige parts

also the grey ones out and in with the beige( also carpet and headliner beige)

doorseals also with beige

Comment

did loads of small things

tweeters in the rear.

beetle cabrio consol

magnet for the 6r handel

just for looking, need to polish the outers..

Good friend of mine Arno did all the electrics

it turned from manual windows to electric orginal vw
                      he made the bootspoiler work, the 6r bootlid etc
                      spoiler closed

spoiler open

Comment

img]http://www.volksforum.com/albums/files/5/4/1/foto1.JPG[/img]

also my son was very glad the beetle was home again:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkmmFt2M_Yk&context=C3d51f54ADOEgsToPDskKkP6_CgeOSCz7u3VwMrDDA"]beetle weer thuis - YouTube[/ame]

custum seatframes

polished

car was ready before w-see but the airride is still not here :roll:

1 side tt exhaust ready.. plug and play ..

(almost ready.. need to do the last things)

MIVW

This winter is the engine swap. MAybee a r32.( i know i have the 2.0 turbo, but i love the rorh of the r32

Brakes

355 mm disk

testfitting 20 inch.. and because there was a set of 20 inch steel on the shelf :lol:

Comment

Repo

Happy holidays guys!
                          Had an early santa gift.. So now off on winterholiday with the fam. Skiiing in south francem

Oh and the complete build was done in 3 months..from standard to kindergartenrenner..

Comment

kom ook ff langs op het belgisch/nederlandse gedeelte

Welcome to S/W

edit

mm die touareg's der op zal wel bruut zijn
                            Last edited by P78; 01-03-2013, 04:30 AM.
                            Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X