Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10WEE's 280s benz w108

Hey guys, names Mike.
    I live in Brisbane Australia, and this is my 280s Merc.

Bought it off an old guy about 9 months ago now. Was in really good condition, no rust, body work was straight, paint had just been resprayed, interior was all there and not damaged, wood grain around windows the lot, and everything worked, lights, etc.
    Bought it from the original owner, who used it as a wedding car for his business. He had 2 identical 280s and then an Americana 280s which is the one i bought. His business went belly up so he decided to sell.

The day i bought it i had to drive it 3 and a half hours home from Hearvey bay. got me home no dramas and was very happy.
    The next day i put her into the mechanics to get a check up and surely enough things needed fixing and adjusting.
    Things i had done.
    -Brand new radiator and hoses
    -New power steering pump and hoses
    -Brakes
    -Sump gaskets and new sump plug and washer
    -New tie rod ends
    -New drag link
    -New center bearing and rubber Anti-vibe housing
    -Gear shifter rubber on the gearbox replaced
    -And then a major service, so plugs, oil, filters etc etc.

That was all in the first week of owning it. drove it for about 3 weeks at standard height, then decided to drop it loooooowwwww. So out came the grinder n away i went.
    Got the rear sitting nice, not at a stupid and un-drive-able height so decided to hit the front. this is when i encountered a problem. Left side was almost an inch higher than the right. So... of to get the suspension checked out.
    Turns out it needed sub-rack frame mounts renewed.
    So in the process of waiting for the rack mounts to turn up i decided to get a new exhaust. Nothing crazy just standard.
    However while it was on the hoist i wired up a flame thrower into the exhaust just to be different.

About 6 weeks wait and i got the rack mounts and this is when i sent it to my new mechanic who specializes in nothing other than Mercedes, and within a day the front was sitting level.

That was all about 5 months ago now, since I've done nothing but drive it, wash it and love it . I've been slowly replacing parts here and there, won a few parts on Ebay, front and rear bar, new steering wheel, n new buttons to turn the lights on when the door opens n closes.. Put a Reasonable sound system into it, nothing overboard as i didn't want to hack doors n put speakers in so just kept the standard 3 speakers, however they are now amplified.

Enough of me talking, here's some pics from the day i got it to now.

Hope you all like cheers

Day i got it. at the servo before the big drive home!!!

And home after the big drive!

Parked at some random hotel for a pic

Couple after a detail!

My Favorite!!

On The way to Downshift Euro Meet.

A mate n i went down to the trawlers for some shots!!

Before a mate of mine's Brother Formal....

Shooting a Flame on a cruise one night..

At my new mechanics

My mate nick again.

And this is the most recent, After i took to my painted hub caps with paint stripper. came up a treat i thought!!

At the moment she is just sitting pretty , ill be taking some "Before Air " pics soon. And the gear should be going in on the Christmas break as a early Birthday present to myself so watch this space.

Latas.

yew good to see you on here. dude, its amazing how many w108s and w114s have popped up over the last 1 year its amazing!! keep us posted!

Comment

yeah sparks!!!!! glad you finally put this thing up. I like my lux's photobomb in the flame shot haha.

still using my shed for the bag job man?

Comment

This is a nice merc you have here. Love this early models !
        VW Golf V 1.9 TDI 2005

Comment

Wow that's clean...good find man! How about a few interior shots?
          Check out my Alfa restoration here:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8l...7WzTiNj8Xy6C4A

Comment

Cheers guys.

Kane 0,-- Ill talk to you about it next time i see ya. pretty keen though just want it on the hush hush, just don't want anyone knowing , element of surprise kinda thing

Took a heap of pics this afternoon after i washed and waxed it, getting it ready for 2 formals in the next 2 days. But for some reason they came up looking like i took photos of the sun close up :/ so will redo them tomorrow.

Did find some other ones though just of the original paperwork and import cert.

will get more up soon guys.

cheers.

Comment

Damn clean merc you got there.

Instagram - @choadyhighroller
              Originally posted by nickskater09
              I think Jody, along with Ashton, like to push the line between "street legal" and "realistically driveable".

Comment

damn, that looks good

but it's so clean, you need wheels imo, and not the classic steelies
                Floccinaucinihilipilification

Comment

Cheers Lads.

As for wheels i'm going to just stick with the stock steelies for now. keep it grandpar speck!!!

Here's the pics i took yesterday,had to go re-take them n change camera settings.

will put some up from the formals after the next 2 days

Comment

Here's some from the formals guys.
                    There will be more to come once i get them off the girls i drove for

pimped out!! unfortunately not wearing my hat in this one but there will be some coming.

Just happened to be a big Benz300 as well!

The Passengers!!

More to come still guys......

Comment

class
                      sigpic

Comment

Tri Star is in Nundah right?

you from the area?

Absolutely jealous, this thing is so clean!!!

Comment

Yea kioes. It is in nundah.

I live in Shorncliffe mate so Not far from nundah.

Yourself??

Comment

I live in the Valley myself man, so central to everything hahahha

Comment

Get rid of that opposite rake. It looks awful.

Comment

Working...
                              X